• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

sant

So is the X Phone going to be a Nexus or is it just Motorola's flagship?

If it doesn't end up being a Nexus, I hope Google goes with HTC or Sony. I have a Nexus S and I do not want another Samsung Nexus. No crappy plastic and over saturated AMOLED screen please.

Cyrillus

Wasn't sure if I should post this here, in the Chrome OT, Android Apps OT, or even the Android OT, but here goes:

Anyone still using the chrome beta on their Nexus 4? I seem to have a few issues with it, but I'm not sure how to report them.

1. Viewing pictures in their own tab (to zoom in) seems to be broken in the beta. Works fine in the release, but in beta if I open a picture in a new tab and try to zoom on portions of it, it tends to scroll below the bottom of the image, and gets stuck trying to scroll back to the top. If I keep forcing it instead of just closing the tab, it crashes. Again, this works fine in the release build.

2. When doing a google search in the beta, trying to select or change any of the settings ("Time" or "Result") which are located in a drop-down window under the wrench underneath and to the right of the search bar, results in the drop-down window popping up, but neither of the options are select-able. Again, this works fine in the release build.

Any other people have these same issues? Where should I go to report them?

Wasn't sure if I should post this here, in the Chrome OT, Android Apps OT, or even the Android OT, but here goes:

Anyone still using the chrome beta on their Nexus 4? I seem to have a few issues with it, but I'm not sure how to report them.

1. Viewing pictures in their own tab (to zoom in) seems to be broken in the beta. Works fine in the release, but in beta if I open a picture in a new tab and try to zoom on portions of it, it tends to scroll below the bottom of the image, and gets stuck trying to scroll back to the top. If I keep forcing it instead of just closing the tab, it crashes. Again, this works fine in the release build.

2. When doing a google search in the beta, trying to select or change any of the settings ("Time" or "Result") which are located in a drop-down window under the wrench underneath and to the right of the search bar, results in the drop-down window popping up, but neither of the options are select-able. Again, this works fine in the release build.

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/entry?template=Android Issue

Unless you opted out, crash reports will automatically be sent to Google.

DXPett1

xpost from the Android OT

Sweet, my Nexus 4 has the EXIF data bug and now my photos are being scrambled all over the place. Fucking amateur hour by Google some times.

Anyone experienced this? How did you go about correcting the EXIF data?

rc213

Same here using it on my Nexus 10. Although crashing has been fixed what it seems a bunch.

xpost from the Android OT

I have that right now, So frustrating.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Peeled off the plastic from the front and back. This thing feels so nice. It's too bad it's going to be on a case.

jgkspsx

Huh. I don't have that much running on my phone according to the battery monitor. Maybe it's New Phone Syndrome, but battery life seems abysmal.

Also, almost no HTML emails are sized correctly to the screen by the Gmail app. Is that normal? That seems bizarre.

The Facebook app is a bad joke; the Pages Manager app is a worse one.

Biscuits

Also, almost no HTML emails are sized correctly to the screen by the Gmail app. Is that normal? That seems bizarre.
You can go into General settings and toggle on Auto-fit messages.

Does anyone else have something called Fused Location using up a large percentage of the battery? Sometimes it's almost 40% on my N4... I tried turning GPS off and it's still there.

Probably a shot in the dark with this one, but I got one of these for my wife for christmas. She has been an iphone user for years, and was interested in android. Long story short, she doesn't love it like she thought she would and would like to go back to an iphone. Looking to swap one of these for an iphone 5 in the central to northern california area.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Probably a shot in the dark with this one, but I got one of these for my wife for christmas. She has been an iphone user for years, and was interested in android. Long story short, she doesn't love it like she thought she would and would like to go back to an iphone. Looking to swap one of these for an iphone 5 in the central to northern california area.

How long did she use it for? What were her gripes?

After playing around with my mom's new Galaxy Note II, I'm so glad I went for a Nexus phone.

Don't get me wrong, Samsung's phones are still mostly great, but I really fucking hate TouchWiz.

rinse82

Anyone having issues connecting to their Enterprise WiFi? My office is on a PEAP network and it doesn't seem to connect. Seems to be a widespread 4.2 issue.

Shambles

$60 + Shipping + Tax is utterly ridiculous for a charger. At that price you'd be better off buying the Tylt VU. You'd be able to still use the phone while it's on the charger without worrying about knocking it off as well as be able to put any phone on the charger without having to worry about lining anything up.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah won't buy it for 60 Eurobucks. Stick to my USB cable I guess.

maharg

idspispopd
After my screen getting cracked from sliding off a level surface (I think flex in the charge cable pulled it off) there's no way I'd trust my nexus 4 to a slanted surface, no matter how textured.

Huh. I don't have that much running on my phone according to the battery monitor. Maybe it's New Phone Syndrome, but battery life seems abysmal.

The Facebook app is a bad joke; the Pages Manager app is a worse one.

Gmail>Settings>General Settings>Auto Fit Messages

Having this phone since December I much prefer it to the iPhone which I donned from the 2G all the way up to the 4. My only gripe is with way that Android handles music. I imported all my stuff from itunes using Google's music manager and a large chunk of my cover art is messed up, some songs are spread out over playlists that I never created while others just didn't transfer over at all. Also the Spotify app just doesn't work as well as the iOS version. The widget times out all the time, there are no controls for when you bring up the player from the notification center, and music stutters even when I have full bars on a 3G or HSPA+ connection.

Lastly, I know a lot of guys talk up Nova Launcher, but Apex launcher is where it's at.

Cipherr

Why is everybody up in arms over $60? Is that more expensive than a wireless charger should be?

Its definitely overpriced. All of their Nexus Peripherals have been overpriced, even in the past. Its extremely clear that they sell the phones themselves near cost and try to make up on it a bit from the docks and whatnot.

3rd party peripherals are the way to go.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm a total sucker and bought the wireless orb without even thinking about it. I think it looks rather slick.

Top Bottom