• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

hitsugi

a 10 phone max order is pretty much asking for trouble.. should have been capped at 2-3. Hoping for a 9 am PST release cause I'll be on the road from 7:45 - 8:30

hitsugi

one per customer should be ideal.

That's overkill. Wife and I both want the phone, and it'd be impossible to accomplish that (day 1 anyway) without pre-orders or a 2 phone limit due to having no clue of when it's being released, work schedules, etc.

tigerin

That's overkill. Wife and I both want the phone, and it'd be impossible to accomplish that (day 1 anyway) without pre-orders or a 2 phone limit due to having no clue of when it's being released, work schedules, etc.

you can use a different credit card or share bro! =)

Blackhead

Redarse
new battery test is awesome!
The new battery test is madness. It's suggesting that battery life on LTE is better than battery life on 3G. Anandtech introduced it just for the iPhone5 and then claimed that the iPhone5 gets over 8 hrs on LTE and half that on 3G even though Apple themselves rate the iPhone5 as "up to 8hrs for LTE and 3G". I don't see how Anandtech's battery life tests reflects how people would use the devices.

njean777

This gives me hope for an LTE version, at least a couple of months down the line

I dont know why they just didn't make a CDMA version with LTE and charged like 100$ more for it. That way people on Verizon and Sprint would be able to get one.

Faceless doesn't want the phone. Faceless is here for the lolz. Right?

indeed. just counting the days until my upgrade is enabled.

The new battery test is madness. It's suggesting that battery life on LTE is better than battery life on 3G. Anandtech changed it just for the iPhone5 and then claimed that the iPhone5 gets over 8 hrs on LTE and half that on 3G even though Apple themselves rate the iPhone5 as "up to 8hrs for LTE and 3G". I don't see how Anandtech's battery life tests reflects how people would use the devices.

that was sarcasm. note my comments later on in that post.

I dont know why they just didn't make a CDMA version with LTE and charged like 100$ more for it. That way people on Verizon and Sprint would be able to get one.

except... you wouldn't... they can't just release a non-carrier authorized CDMA phone.

Jeff-DSA

I'm waiting a little while before I upgrade my phone, opting for the Nexus 10 instead. Here's hoping all of you guys don't crash the Play Store when I'm trying to check out.

It's about me, folks.

Blackhead

Redarse
that was sarcasm. note my comments later on in that post.
Just caught that, lol. I'm really concerned that Anand won't fix the battery tests though as few other sites have a 'standardized', easily comparable results charts. I've have to rely on GSMarena but they understandably haven't been doing LTE battery tests as they are based in the UK

Marco1

Does anyone know the price of the wireless charging dock in Germany?

Also, I'm jumping ship to Android from iOS. Whats the must have stuff, and how do I make it look all clean, pretty and like Google Now across the entire interface?

I jumped ship from ip5 and ios and I now have everything running google including my email, google+ and maps.
Loving it so much.

Chili

For anyone that has ordered from the Play store: do they allow shipments to an office (not your billing address)?

They do in the UK. Make sure you have you Google Wallet updated with the relevant address and billing details before it goes on sale as that will save a lot of hassle if it's anything like this morning.

So I've realised part of the reason I couldn't order...my Google Wallet is set to the UK and I live in Germany.

So I tried to rectify this but I'm apparently not allowed to switch country while I still have Play Store credit in GBP. No problem, I'll go and spend it. Unfortunately I can only access the German Play Store which won't let me spend my credit.

What?

Correct. Also confirmed by the verge
Didn't they confirm 3AM EST last night as well? Where is this new confirmation?

Shipping prices confirmed for $20 Canadian/US dollars? Or $10? Or free? (Lol right)

Hey the nexus 4 weighs less than the nexus 7 so shouldn't shipping prices be less? :/

I wish they used Canada post and USPS. Cost like $6 to ship that shit and better than UPS.

Didn't they confirm 3AM EST last night as well? Where is this new confirmation?

Shipping prices confirmed for $20 Canadian/US dollars? Or $10? Or free? (Lol right)

Hey the nexus 4 weighs less than the nexus 7 so shouldn't shipping prices be less? :/

I wish they used Canada post and USPS. Cost like $6 to ship that shit and better than UPS.

From what I understand that's what Google says when contacted now. The initial confirmation of 3AM(EST) ended up being for Europe or at least the UK, and that was fairly accurate.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Are these things going to be hot? I will get one for myself and few more to maybe flip them. That's if I can get out of the DMV before it releases.

Rhindle

a 10 phone max order is pretty much asking for trouble.. should have been capped at 2-3. Hoping for a 9 am PST release cause I'll be on the road from 7:45 - 8:30
10 per order?? How insanely stupid is that? That pretty much ensures that a majority of these things are going to end up on ebay.

Kiraly

As if the majority wouldn't go on ebay already because of the unavailability and despicable pricing in non-Google Play countries.

Maiar_m

Prices here are generally higher, the phone itself costs twice as much here as it does from Google Play, so there's a high chance it will be cheaper from Google itself when they put it up for sale.

Well you get the beautiful Denmark life, we get the cheap prices. Not sure who wins. Ultimately, I do find it weird that store sell it, no matter where they are, but Google doesn't.

Top Bottom