• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

twofold

Interestingly, my Play Store order page used to say 'shipping estimate: 15 November'. It has now changed to 'Delivery estimate: 15 November'.

Same.

If they dispatch them today, there's a chance we might get them tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Chili

Someone on XDA just managed to order one so it looks like they are appearing, even if they are just cancelled orders.

Install the Page Monitor extension. Set it to monitor the page for the product you want, set it to check every 5 seconds and change the Audio/Desktop notifications to On. And pray.

Sh1ner

Someone on XDA just managed to order one so it looks like they are appearing, even if they are just cancelled orders.

Install the Page Monitor extension. Set it to monitor the page for the product you want, set it to check every 5 seconds and change the Audio/Desktop notifications to On. And pray.

Not fast enough on 5 seconds. You have time to see the add to cart button and then click it and it says "oops"

I now have it on a second and I have managed to get to the cart page before it says its taking the phone out of my cart as I did not commit to checkout fast enough. That is quite shitty. I expected once it was in my cart I had the product reserved, turns out we don't.

8GB available in the UK

Guess I'm still going to wait, but I think its clear what LG are doing here

Give x% to Google to sell at a loss, then make up the rest with "full" RRP at electronic outlets. As there's no reason why Handtech, Carphonewarehouse, o2, etc to sell the N4 at "full" price

Chaps, we've been played

kharma45

8GB available in the UK

Guess I'm still going to wait, but I think its clear what LG are doing here

Give x% to Google to sell at a loss, then make up the rest with "full" RRP at electronic outlets. As there's no reason why Handtech, Carphonewarehouse, o2, etc to sell the N4 at "full" price

Chaps, we've been played

8GB isn't available when I load the page.

abunai

8GB isn't available when I load the page.

it appears for me randomly, managed to press add to cart 4 times - all errors.

Just got off the phone with the play support again, this guy said the UK is not sold out and they've been taken offline temporarily to fix "a glitch". Whether this is actually the case remains to be seen.

kharma45

Another HUKD post

"The guy I spoke to said there is still stock and it shouldn't go out of stock till a few days. He said it is only sold out in Australia."

Marco1

My phones are in pending so I'm hoping my bank cancels all of the transactions and thyen let me wait out out.
I recently sold my ip5 to go android but you're making it real easy for me to jump back google.
Sorry but I found apples CS leagues ahead of googles.

giga

US customers left in the dark.

No pre-orders. No time given when orders open. No backorders given if (when) it goes out of stock. And most of us will be at work all day.

Google™

Sen²

Google Germany made a statement regarding the Nexus 4's availability. They basically apologize for underestimating the demand the Nexus 4 generated. As of now the N4 is completely sold out and Google doesn't know and can't predict when it will be available again.

Google Germany said:
Wir sind überwältigt von dem großen Interesse unserer Nutzer am Nexus 4 und Nexus 10 und bedauern gleichzeitig, dass noch nicht alle Interessenten zum Zuge kommen konnten. Beide Geräte waren innerhalb kurzer Zeit ausverkauft.

Natürlich setzen wir alles daran, sie so schnell wie möglich wieder verfügbar zu machen. Zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt können wir aber leider keine Aussage darüber treffen, wann der nächste Schwung an Geräten über Google Play erhältlich sein wird.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleDeutschland/posts

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Fucking Germany.

I'm done. I won't bother looking forward to this phone until it is back in stock on a regular basis. Probably after the holidays. Damn. That's ridiculous.

Blablurn

even though it says the order came through i dont believe it until they dispatched it.

fucking google germany. what did they expect?

Hieberrr

Canadian stock better not sell out this quickly. Ugh... I feel for you Europe. It seems like Google is content with launching products on a whim without proper preparation

So, has this been sold out in the US yet? I'm wondering if I should buy a Nexus 4 or a Nexus 10. Maybe get my parents to buy me a Nexus 4 for my Xmas present and I buy the Nexus 10 myself. what do you all think?

giga

Hi guys where can I order the Nexus 4?

nWwf+

Tk0n

Bing it.

I see, thanks. Must be technical issues then.

yeah.
in the morning, i could see albums in the play store, but wasnt able to buy any.
now at least this is working. maybe it will take just some time.
music match doesnt seem to be working either... yet.

Top Bottom