• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Tried to order one and got charged twice. Anyways it seems like one did go through, and the other is listed as declined. Looks like I got a 16GB...

What the fuck is up with the shipping and tax though? I'm used to Amazon Prime where it's just the price of the item, no tax and no shipping. $14 shipping + $20 tax is ridiculous

panda21

is there some kind of notification or change in your orders/wallet page when they ship these? mine is still just saying pending, but I'm pretty sure they have taken the money.

twofold

Hooray, email showed up and also up on Google Wallet too. NOW SHIP DAMN IT.

I don't think it's going to ship for a bit. From Google Support..

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of 15-11-2012.

Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.

:|

I tried about 100 times to get through and with each new page I manged to get to, a new error popped up. Really hope I can get one of these in the next month.

rabhw

I am speechless right now.

I made 3 separate orders (since their site was shitting itself). So I called Google and asked them to cancel 2 of the 3....the lady FUCKED UP AND CANCELLED ALL 3 ORDERS.

She nor her supervisor have any ability to un-cancel, and now they are sold out.

I don't even know what to say...wtf.

I made 3 separate orders (since their site was shitting itself). So I called Google and asked them to cancel 2 of the 3....the lady FUCKED UP AND CANCELLED ALL 3 ORDERS.

She nor her supervisor have any ability to un-cancel, and now they are sold out.

The Google Experience ™

Enco

Dat incompetence.

Jesus Google.

kharma45

Holy fuck :\

I'm so looking forward to my "Notify Me" email coming through an hour after everything is already over.

hahah.

Just got email receipt. Play store orders + wallet transaction + listing on my bank account. Looks like I got through.

I stayed up until 12 EST last night, set an alarm to get up at 3AM EST to check again, and finally got one due to luckily checking the page today after washing my car. :D

omfg. RAGE! sucks so bad...

twofold

A few days ago, Google said that orders placed today would ship today.

Then again, they said they would be prepared. HUAHUAHUAHUA.

I should probably point out that the email I quoted is from Google UK - it might be different in the US.

It's 1725 here and ours haven't been dispatched yet. I was hoping to play around with mine tomorrow but I don't see that happening.

I can paypal right now if somebody has an extra order. Of course I'll pay your shipping to me plus some cash. Or if you are near Cincinnati...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Holy crap, haha

So, everyone here got one in the end? Would suck for those that have been in here since day 1 wanting this phone not to get one because of googles incompetence.

I'm giving google a chance to win me over with this phone. Looks like I'm in for a world of hurt going from one of the best customer service support companies in Apple, to one of the worst in Google. Bad first impression, googly. ~_~

Dude, I'm sure they can find a phone somewhere in the system to give you. Call back and demand to speak to higher ups. That's fucked up. I'd rage hard on them.

reaver18

Call back. Demand free phone. Lol that sucks bro.

This is why I said fuck the nexus and just bought my friends mint condition htc one x.

reKon

Banned
Are they only going to be selling the unlocked version through the Google play store? I'd rather buy this in a store seeing that they are still rookies at selling, even on non-launch days...

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So, everyone here got one in the end? Would suck for those that have been in here since day 1 wanting this phone not to get one because of googles incompetence.

I'm giving google a chance to win me over with this phone. Looks like I'm in for a world of hurt going from one of the best customer service support companies in Apple, to one of the worst in Google. Bad first impression, googly. ~_~

No

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The people at google who actually develop products are geniuses. Everyone else is pants-on-head retarded.

rabhw

I don't even know what to say.

She went quiet for a minute and was like "I think I might have made a mistake" then put me on hold.

And she's like "well you can go on the website and place another order". I'm like THEY ARE SOLD OUT NOW SO NO I CAN'T.

Then she tells me to fill out the "notify me" form. I still haven't gotten a fucking notification for that piece of shit form and everything is already done and over with.

So, so mad.

Chili

I should probably point out that the email I quoted is from Google UK - it might be different in the US.

It's 1725 here and ours haven't been dispatched yet. I was hoping to play around with mine tomorrow but I don't see that happening.

I received shipping confirmation for one of my Nexus 7 orders at around 10.30PM and it came the next day. HOPE.

Futureman

someone needs to grab a screenshot when the Nex 4, 7, and 10 topics are all lined up with each other. Preferably in numerical order. And at the top of the page.

naldo

do you have to call them to get them to cancel an order? seems like it went through twice for me (despite appearing to error out every time).

reKon

Banned

She went quiet for a minute and was like "I think I might have made a mistake" then put me on hold.

And she's like "well you can go on the website and place another order". I'm like THEY ARE SOLD OUT NOW SO NO I CAN'T.

Then she tells me to fill out the "notify me" form. I still haven't gotten a fucking notification for that piece of shit form and everything is already done and over with.

So, so mad.
Lolol damn...

Sorry bro, that's just horrible

So, so mad.
that part would made me flip on her lol, the gall to even bring up that shitty notify me thing that didn't notify anyone of shit.

Brinbe

That is completely unacceptable. Google still has a lot of room for drastic improvement.

So, so mad.
....dat incompetence.

gcubed

No

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The people at google who actually develop products are geniuses. Everyone else is pants-on-head retarded.

the people who run the ordering front-end appear to take the approach of "why should we cater to a 20 minute traffic influx? We'll just fail half of them out and they'll even themselves out"

That doesn't count the shipping people who decide to ship late orders before early orders, etc

They have a long way to go in order to be able to really handle these pieces of hardware from a purchasing and support perspective.

Yow, sounds like a mess. Glad I'm sitting out the first round of sales. Congrats to everyone who got an order through.

Also, I'm wondering if there'll be any other limitations with the T-mobile in-store version other than no wifi calling. I don't use it, but if they say, took out tethering/ wifi hotspot that would be a deal breaker for me.

methane47

LOL ok this is funny.

Top Bottom