• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

I think the 8gb model went through even though I'm stuck at the screen. Just called my bank and it said $340.77 is pending but I don't see anything order #, email confirmation etc...ugh

ektoll

Eh? This makes no sense. Most hotly anticipated products are difficult to buy.

My Wii U pre-order with Amazon was shambolic. I had 2 pre-orders cancelled and was lucky with my third attempt. Concert tickets and festival ticket buying can be impossible. Sites literally go offline in some cases.

Welcome to life.

Yeah, exactly, I bought tickets to see Muse as a gift to my girlfriend and they were all sold out in less than 10min. I had 4 tabs for 4 websites opened and they all crashed. By F5ing frenetically, I luckily managed to grab 2 tickets.

So, it's not only Google.

Marco1

I have 2 phones pending and I only want one but considering the demand I am sticking one on ebay to see what I can get before I think about sending it back.

Yeah, it's def just luck of the draw. Just kept reloading and trying after it emptied my cart or the process froze up and was amazed I actually got through.

Also definitely fucked up that they said 12 and launched like 30 mins earlier.

Same here. I finally got it. Just kept mashing and it went through.

eissan

Wtf google! Worst launch ever!

Also, wtf was the point of the notify me option when you randomly decide launch time and not announce it at all?!?

Seriously you'd expect such a large company to have a game plan for new hardware launch ESPECIALLY when this is not your first ever hardware ....EPIC FAIL GOOGLE!

tfur

All those reloads... You guys are going to end up with a dozen of these things showing up at your door.

reKon

Banned
Holy meltdowns..

I will be peacefully be waiting for my 32 gig version a few months from now and won't deal with the madness... SWAG

Cyrillus

The purchase finally showed up under Google Wallet transactions, I think I'm good.

Still, at some point Google needs to get a handle on these product launches. Same shit every time. Here's hoping at least the fulfillment part of the ordering process isn't as badly-handled as the Nexus 7 launch.

I think the 8gb model went through even though I'm stuck at the screen. Just called my bank and it said $340.77 is pending but I don't see anything order #, email confirmation etc...ugh
same. It's funny, my original order which went through gave me no email no info in my wallet no nothing. But the one I did afterwards for fun that declined gave me the email.

same. It's funny, my original order which went through gave me no email no info in my wallet no nothing. But the one I did afterwards for fun that declined gave me the email.

I had 16gb in my cart and it got stuck at the same screen but it looks like that one didn't go through...nothing in my bank for that anyway

Snaku

Banned
How long did it take to show. My bank shows pending but I don't see anything in wallet, email etc. I didn't even get a confirmation screen

Same situation. My bank showed it pending immediately, then 10 minutes later Wallet updated with the order. Still nothing in my Play order history, and no email.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well for me and others I've read it has been the case. Maybe not for everybody.

I still have no email but it shows up in my transactions in my wallet. Says google received my order.

I've got nothing in my credit card statement, google wallet, or play store orders :(

This is a nightmare for me. My phone is dying and I'm five days away from my contract ending. If I even scrounge up a working sprint phone they will charge me $36 for activation not to mention I'm still paying over $87 a month for wireless and my new billing period starts in six days.

Fuck. I may have to buy a used Galaxy Nexus on eBay. Sprint and this dying phone are fucking killing me.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks Google, you know, for the notification emails.

Top Bottom