• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

squicken

I don't even know what to say.

She went quiet for a minute and was like "I think I might have made a mistake" then put me on hold.

And she's like "well you can go on the website and place another order". I'm like THEY ARE SOLD OUT NOW SO NO I CAN'T.

Then she tells me to fill out the "notify me" form. I still haven't gotten a fucking notification for that piece of shit form and everything is already done and over with.

So, so mad.

bro that sucks. I had a very similar thing happen when I bought a 360 at launch. I kno that feel

Yow, sounds like a mess. Glad I'm sitting out the first round of sales. Congrats to everyone who got an order through.

Also, I'm wondering if there'll be any other limitations with the T-mobile in-store version other than no wifi calling. I don't use it, but if they say, took out tethering/ wifi hotspot that would be a deal breaker for me.

To be clear, Wifi Calling is a feature supported by some T-Mobile phones only. It uses one of their apps. T-Mo isn't removing anything from the phone.

tylerf

20 minutes after google wallet declines my credit card for no reason, they taunt me with "order accepted" and "order canceled" emails.

No

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The people at google who actually develop products are geniuses. Everyone else is pants-on-head retarded.
Damn, that sucks. Didn't you get one? I hope google really is releasing this in waves and more will be in stock throughout the week.

I can't fathom how this phone can sell out so quickly. Google must have been really conservative with their stock levels.

tfur

Order went through. I got a receipt from Google play. 16gb.

I was stuck after the accept and buy button.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Damn, that sucks. Didn't you get one? I hope google really is releasing this in waves and more will be in stock throughout the week.

I can't fathom how this phone can sell out so quickly. Google must have been really conservative with their stock levels.

Nope. I clicked accept and buy and it got stuck there for five minutes. I reloaded and tried again, then got a litany of errors until they finally ran out.

Hieberrr

Google is probably holding back stock to get consumers all riled up.

Maiar_m

That, or they just don't have the infrastructure needed to handle large retailing activities. In the USA you guys can get someone on the phone (no matter how bad they are), elsewhere it's another story. That only tends to show how not ready they are to play the retail game. This, along with very tight pricing suggests that they don't really want to become a retailer anyway, they're not out to make it a profitable business. Which makes one wonder where the Nexus brand will end-up eventually.

Yow, sounds like a mess. Glad I'm sitting out the first round of sales. Congrats to everyone who got an order through.

Also, I'm wondering if there'll be any other limitations with the T-mobile in-store version other than no wifi calling. I don't use it, but if they say, took out tethering/ wifi hotspot that would be a deal breaker for me.

lol me too, bad experience with n7.

When I had to return units, I was not sent return labels. When I didn't have to rma units, they sent me 4 return labels in 3 days.

a software company that does not know how to sell hardware.

hitsugi

I wonder why some people paid $14.99 and got 2-day shipping and others got 3-5... I may not see mine till some time next week

abunai

What's the chance of the phones being in restock soon after all the cancellations?

Well, after the EU launch there was occasions where the "in stock" button came back, for all of 5 seconds. Then it disappeared again. Probably thousands and thousands of people trying to get one or two devices. It hasn't done that since about 11am though (it's now 17:42).

Nope. I clicked accept and buy and it got stuck there for five minutes. I reloaded and tried again, then got a litany of errors until they finally ran out.
Oh man, sorry dude. I know you've been waiting on this for a while in here like most of us.

I got lucky because I finished class earlier than expected and decided to book it home for 12 noon instead of buying it on the library computers. The second I walked in the door I refresh the nexus portal on my phone and see it went live. Did my greatest usain bolt impression and dashed up the stairs to my bedroom, woke up my computer from sleep, and found the nexus page and GAF already open in safari. (was prepared) Then refreshed like mad until it finally went through.

Google of course fucked up again by doing this at 11:30 instead of 12. I got super lucky getting home for this. I still thought I had plenty of time (30 minutes) to take a shit and chill a bit before it went live.

rc213

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just got my order in!!!!

Got a 16GB, Shows up already in Google Wallet and Charged on card!

SimleuqiR

OMG ALREADY SOLD OUT MUST BE MORE POPULAR THAN THE IPHONE

The only way I would accept this as a "successful" launch is if Google had over a million of these phones in stock and they were able to sell them under 24 hours.

Me thinks Google had very little stock. No more than 200K for the US market - and I'm being too optimistic.

Nexus Phones have never been "popular".

Brinbe

ITS BACK

EDIT: WOOT Got a 16 gig!

EDIT: Looks like it's gone again!

Awesome!!!
3AQmK.gif

exYle

Okay, I'm awfully confused. The header has not even changed from "Coming Soon" to even "Out of Stock". What the hell?

Top Bottom