• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

Back from work now, I see the US store sold out just as quickly.

In terms of order status, I'd like to know what it says for most people who ordered this morning.

Mine says completed, but others have had pending or a shipping date. Does the shipping date come before or after completed?

I assume you're not in the US? My order still says Pending. I would love for it to ship sooner rather than later, but I doubt it.

abunai

Any word on when another batch will go on sale?

Google posted on their nexus google+ page that "they're working hard to add more nexus devices to Google Play in the coming weeks". So, yeah..

However, someone on XDA said the next batch is in 3 days so I guess it's just another round of confusing misinformation and no communication.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
does it show up as 'pending sale' in your play store transactions? or bank account activity?

Yep. Pending. No, nothing on my cc. I don't think the 8GB was on my cc, either. I won't be satisfied until I get the confirmed email.

Does anyone have a confirmed email? I mean not the order receipt. I mean another follow up email.

Vaux

FUCK YEAH got 16

guys listen. Keep clicking back and forth from 8 to 16. Dont Refresh. Keep looking for add to cart. If you get it added and it says processing error--CLICK CHECKOUT AGAIN. it will go through

Mother of god worst shopping experience ever

This worked! Just placed an order. I had to click back and forth like 20-30 times, but it worked!

does it show up as 'pending sale' in your play store transactions? or bank account activity?

My 16gb still has pending. CC has been charged though and I received an email for them saying that I placed an order. Basically, I have received a receipt for the transaction.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Anyone who oreded the bumper, let us know if it's any good or just a quick cash in to soften the blow Google/LG are taking.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Does anyone have a confirmed email? I mean not the order receipt. I mean another follow up email.

Anyone? I got an order confirmed email but no other email after that. Does such an email even exist?

panda21

Anyone? I got an order confirmed email but no other email after that. Does such an email even exist?

i got an email saying thanks and you won't be charged until it ships (pretty sure thats a lie and they have already taken the money..). For several other failed attempts I actually got the same email, but then a cancellation email within a minute of it. These emails all arrived about half an hour after I actually did any of this.

This was roughly 12 hours ago and the order is still sitting on pending in my google wallet transactions page.

mAcOdIn

i got an email saying thanks and you won't be charged until it ships (pretty sure thats a lie and they have already taken the money..). For several other failed attempts I actually got the same email, but then a cancellation email within a minute of it. These emails all arrived about half an hour after I actually did any of this.

This was roughly 12 hours ago and the order is still sitting on pending in my google wallet transactions page.
Banks and businesses act like there's a difference between a pending charge and an actual "charge." There is actually just as a person you don't see the difference because either way, whether the money's a pending "hold" by your back or is an actual posted payment the money's not spendable by you.

Chairhome

I just added a 16GB to my cart. You can still do this, people. Just click back and forth.

i have one in my cart, but i keep pressing "proceed" and it keeps having an error pop up :-(.

EDIT: I have one in my cart, i clicked proceed, and now its showing that "loading circle". Should I just leave it going for a while? Or is it cause I'm using a crappy browser (IE7) at work?

i have one in my cart, but i keep pressing "proceed" and it keeps having an error pop up :-(.

EDIT: I have one in my cart, i clicked proceed, and now its showing that "loading circle". Should I just leave it going for a while? Or is it cause I'm using a crappy browser (IE7) at work?

Leave it. It may take a few minutes.

Beez

Banned
So my dad called me, he actually ordered mine for me. He said he had like 5-6 guys on his team in the office all refreshing the page separately and whoever got one first put the order in. He also said he's thrilled it sold out and it's probably sold more than the iPhone 5.

So my dad called me, he actually ordered mine for me. He said he had like 5-6 guys on his team in the office all refreshing the page separately and whoever got one first put the order in. He also said he's thrilled it sold out and it's probably sold more than the iPhone 5.

Not even a remote chance.

cube444

:lol

"Start refreshing or you guys are fired. My boy needs his Nexus 4!"

hitsugi

I'm surprised people are still getting orders through.. It's been almost 4 and a half hours.

Congrats though :D I just wonder how Google is allocating them, or if its canceled orders coming back in stock

twofold

Hah, no.

Apple sold 5 million iphone 5's in the first 3 days of sales. Google isn't going to get anywhere close to that figure.

Also, just saw this..

If you don't get it today, the next scheduled release is in 3 days once they can get a better handle on orders and stock.

https://plus.google.com/106515095432315677569/posts/fAA6PNbUxCK

Good luck to you folks who couldn't get one today.

It's also now 2100 and Google still hasn't shipped my phone. Why haven't you shipped the phones yet Google?! Grr.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
After 2 cancelled orders finally got a 16GB. Clicking between the 8 and 16 trick worked that someone mentioned earlier. Called Google about the cancelled orders and the rep was useless. I deleted and re-entered my card info in wallet and worked after that. Good luck to everyone else.

Didn't take long for the hoarders to start selling on Craigslist and Kijiji. A lot of $500 for 16gb and $450 for 8gb. Google really are fucking retarded for allowing people to buy more than like 2 phones per person.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
My VISA card has been charged so looks like they won't cancel this order. Lets hope it gets shipped out soon.

Given that they quoted everybody a Thursday ship date, it's realistically to think that they'll spend two days up until Thursday shipping, and that they quote Thursday because they know they should be done by then.

Notice the one hour order cancellation policy? I'd imagine once an order is an hour hold it's released to the ginormous shipping queue.

Rouh

GETTIN MAH JUNIOR ON
Was able to order it (16 G) this morning Continental Europe time after some refreshing! now will have to wait for them to ship :/...but thrilled!

kingmozo9

Banned
Google posted on their nexus google+ page that "they're working hard to add more nexus devices to Google Play in the coming weeks". So, yeah..

However, someone on XDA said the next batch is in 3 days so I guess it's just another round of confusing misinformation and no communication.

WEEKS...?? no way :(

hope the XDA guy is right

kms_md

so did anyone actually get the email that says the phones are available for purchase?

a few received the notification, but it seems that most did not. i happened to be reading this thread when my page monitor alert noted a change on the 16GB's page. i would have missed it otherwise.

abunai

What's this I hear about the N4 not being in AOSP? Now I don't feel so bad about missing out.

It's not in AOSP yet, the device has only just been released - it'll get added eventually. The google employee who posted the info about the 4.2 AOSP said "he can't comment" on the nexus 4 being added to AOSP which people interpreted as "OMG IT'S NEVER COMING". No idea why. It's a nexus device, it's the whole point of the nexus program.

Top Bottom