• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
We're mostly speculating that it will be the date the phone is shipped by.. but I guess we'll see tomorrow. If it doesn't ship then, it's more or less impossible it would arrive the same day it ships (the 15th)

The shipping estimate, is the date that the phone will ship on. Plus two or so days for it to arrive to your doorstep.

Ocho

I was weak and bought an 8 GB phone for $399 on ebay. Considering it was $340 dollars (with tax and google shipping), premium for weeks early is 'ok', I GUESS.
I will probably regret my decisions later.

aznpxdd

I was weak and bought an 8 GB phone for $399 on ebay. Considering it was $340 dollars (with tax and google shipping), premium for weeks early is 'ok', I GUESS.

Yeah...that's pretty bad. $400 for a 8GB?

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Got my 4.2 update on my Gnex. Get to see what's coming my way. Want to play with Photosphere.

Is there going to be a new thread for the owners? I get the feeling this thread is going to be filled with posts about orders delivered/cancelled/sent to wrong location...etc. It would be nice if we can get another one going.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium

Yeah you are. One thing I never do is pay more than what is available at retail. Eventually it will be in stock again. Patience is a virtue. Now to see if some sucker will buy my extra one...lol.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Got my 4.2 update on my Gnex. Get to see what's coming my way. Want to play with Photosphere.

Is there going to be a new thread for the owners? I get the feeling this thread is going to be filled with posts about orders delivered/cancelled/sent to wrong location...etc. It would be nice if we can get another one going.

Why would there be? Posts about orders/etc are always part of any tech thread.

Hieberrr

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudeee, no!

Why pay $400 when you can just wait for a little bit? Unless you're ballin'.

Yeah I'm betting we don't get this until Monday. UPS doesn't deliver here in Canada on the weekend. Same thing happened with the 4S and I had to wait until Monday while my iPhone sat in a warehouse 10km from my house for the weekend.

I'm 99% sure these will ship from Toronto so if it ships by the end of Thursday then people in the GTA should get it Friday. I bet it ships Friday though. :(

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Why would there be? Posts about orders/etc are always part of any tech thread.

Don't know but a little annoying to have people posting impressions and then others discussing their orders. If no one creates one for owner impressions so be it.

Jason2slow

Neo Member
I waited up for this until midnight on a workday and then they release it while im at work and can't access their store...man...i sold my sgs3 for this thing...hopefully just a little longer to wait :S

(edit) ...and does anyone know what kind of warranty it comes with? i'm gonna go contract free t-mo, for hspa+42 from sprint, and i've always had insurance, so with no insurance i'm a little worried with the glass back and all.

raven777

I am currently using ATT prepaid go-phone.

If I slot my current go-phone micro-sim to Nexus 4, will it work right away with same number?

Kornheiser_Why.jpg

Those eBay scalpers are such terrible human beings. Why are you rewarding them?

hitsugi

Yeah I'm betting we don't get this until Monday. UPS doesn't deliver here in Canada on the weekend. Same thing happened with the 4S and I had to wait until Monday while my iPhone sat in a warehouse 10km from my house for the weekend.

I'm 99% sure these will ship from Toronto so if it ships by the end of Thursday then people in the GTA should get it Friday. I bet it ships Friday though. :(

Yup. Putting my money on Monday since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday and it's unlikely it'd make it in 1 day.

I don't mind getting it on monday. As long as it's not wednesday or thursday because I'll miss it then, and missing a UPS package sucks balls since there isn't one near me.

Friday would have been sweet though.

hitsugi

sorry if this has already been asked, but for those switching from iOS, what would the best way to transfer our contacts be?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
sorry if this has already been asked, but for those switching from iOS, what would the best way to transfer our contacts be?

Export your contacts as a csv or whatever file. Then upload them into google contacts on your computer. It's painless.

If this were the Nexus One, you'd all be getting the phone today. As is, all the Android fair weather fans screwed it up for us.

What AJ said. I just finished doing the same thing myself. I have my iCal, Notes, and Address Book on my Mac syncing to the gmail equivalent now. If I ever go back to an iPhone it's still all there on iCloud for me. Love how easy switching between OS's/phones has become now that it all sits in the cloud.

Only thing I don't know how to sync is the reminders app. What is the google/android equivalent of that? Also, is google notes only found within gmail or is there a separate google notes app that syncs with the mac notes app?

tigerin

for the unfortunates that was unable to order earlier. there is a trick that i found from one of the folks at tmonews. here how it's copy/paste.

"add the nexus 7 and 10 to your cart, then go to the nexus 4 page and click back and forth between the nexus 4 8 and 16 gb versions where it says 'choose another nexus' until it asks you see 'add to cart' for the version you want. it took me like 3 mins."

works for me.

Danj

Instead of the "notify me" thing, both Nexus 4s are now showing as "SOLD OUT" in red letters for me. Not that I can afford one right now but I was hoping to get one in the next couple of months or so.

exYle

for the unfortunates that was unable to order earlier. there is a trick that i found from one of the folks at tmonews. here how it's copy/paste.

"add the nexus 7 and 10 to your cart, then go to the nexus 4 page and click back and forth between the nexus 4 8 and 16 gb versions where it says 'choose another nexus' until it asks you see 'add to cart' for the version you want. it took me like 3 mins."

works for me.

Will that still work, though? I was trying that earlier when the site still said "coming soon" and it didn't work. Now the site is very consistently saying "Sold Out".

Chili

Woke up to this madness.

Thank you for your recent order placed on Google Play. Our records indicate that you have several open orders in our system. You can view them in your Google Wallet account at: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#transactions.

We would like to confirm that you intended to place all of these orders before processing occurs. If it was not your intention and this is an error, we have three easy ways for you to cancel any unwanted orders. Note that all orders not canceled within the next 24 hours will be processed and shipped.

Is it really inconceivable that I would place an order for a phone and then an order for a bumper? I hope this doesn't delay my order for no reason!

That said, if others are receiving this email expect to see some cancelled phones reappearing for sale.

Animator

Instead of the "notify me" thing, both Nexus 4s are now showing as "SOLD OUT" in red letters for me. Not that I can afford one right now but I was hoping to get one in the next couple of months or so.

I am pretty sure it will be in stock in the "next couple of months or so"

aznpxdd

Woah, and I thought it would be hard to find this in China, guess not. And the phone 16GB version is offered for $314 shipped. I guess they had people that ordered a ton from UK and US...

Fuck it, I'm buying one.

Blablurn

Woah, and I thought it would be hard to find this in China, guess not. And the phone 16GB version is offered for $314 shipped. I guess they had people that ordered a ton from UK and US...

Fuck it, I'm buying one.

have u tried taobao too? last time i checked, they offered some.

aznpxdd

have u tried taobao too? last time i checked, they offered some.

That's where I looked.

Fuck they got a TON of them for sale on there, cheaper than US prices. I don't know how they did it, but like I guessed in my previous post, they must've had tons of people buying a shitload yesterday in UK and US and now are shipping them over.

Blablurn

That's where I looked.

Fuck they got a TON of them for sale on there, cheaper than US prices. I don't know how they did it, but like I guessed in my previous post, they must've had tons of people buying a shitload yesterday in UK and US and now are shipping them over.

or they just got them straight from the factories :D

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
That's where I looked.

That doesn't make sense, how are they making a profit selling at cost?

Blablurn

Is there any way to find out if any of those Taobao sellers are in Beijing? And if so, whether they offer cash on delivery?

My bro lives in Beijing and I'm tempted to get a few ordered out to him for him to ship to me here in England.

D9OXH.png

taobao actually says where the seller is coming from. in this case 北京 means beijing. but ur bro needs to have a chinese bank account to be able to order on taobao.

twofold

D9OXH.png

taobao actually says where the seller is coming from. in this case 北京 means beijing. but ur bro needs to have a chinese bank account to be able to order on taobao.

Thanks!

I'll send him an email and ask him to look into getting one. Should be interesting!

aznpxdd

Also best to tell him to sort the buyers by their weekly volume sold, this ensures the seller is more legit.

I see the top N4 seller on Taobao already sold 2000+ units, damn they must've ordered a lot overseas.

vanty

I just got an email from Google saying my phones have shipped. Ordered them 12:20 yesterday afternoon, tracking says FedEx in Hong Kong got the package that morning (HK is 3hrs behind Aus) and it's estimated to arrive 17:00 tomorrow. I was only expecting them to be shipped tomorrow at the earliest, so I'm pretty surprised to be receiving this early if true.

Maiar_m

I predict no logic whatsoever to the shipping patterns (as in: if you ordered early, don't expect to be delivered early). I bought mine in the first wave of EU sales (10 to 15 minutes after it went live, 10 minutes before it sold out) and it's probably not shipping before tomorrow.

panda21

i'm hearing rumors that people had their nexus 7 3Gs arrive today despite seeing no further update on their order on google.com. theres still hope!!!

maybe they just decided to prioritise shipping above all else and are shipping the shit out of them without bothering to emale people?

I'm still holding out

The review on AnadTech was pretty cool- but it seems as if LG still has some shoddy arse manufacturing e.g the screen calibration

Top Bottom