• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 4 |OT| Quality for everyone

It's not in AOSP yet, the device has only just been released - it'll get added eventually. The google employee who posted the info about the 4.2 AOSP said "he can't comment" on the nexus 4 being added to AOSP which people interpreted as "OMG IT'S NEVER COMING". No idea why. It's a nexus device, it's the whole point of the nexus program.

Google just sucks at communication. I saw blogs blaming Qualcomm. But, the Nexus One was AOSP'd, so I don't see why this wouldn't either.

mAcOdIn

Shipping estimate: November 15, 2012

That means it's going to arrive on the 15th, right?
I'd take one look at how Google's handled everything here today and just say, no it's probably just going to ship by the 15th and who knows when you'll get it.

giga

xI6n+

Ordered the 8 before the 16. Guessing "complete" comes before a shipping estimate.

freshair

Does anyone know if the bumpers are popping in and out of stock?

Also I'm getting red 'SOLD OUT' availabilities on the 8 and 16 now

GatorBait

Yes...Yes!...YES!!!

After sitting here and refreshing for the past twenty minutes or so, I got myself a 16GB! What a freaking mess of a launch, but so glad that all the effort I put in to get this damn phone worked out.

sca2511

yep getting red SOLD OUT text consistently now too. A few minutes ago, it was coming and going and I actually got an "ADD TO CART" for the 8gb, but I wanted the 16gb then lo and behold the red text.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I wonder if Canada has a different stock allocation since I have yet to see the 16 gig one go back up aside from the time I got mine.

I'm having a feeling that this thing will be continually sold out for a while.
By the time I will finally be able to get my hands on one they will have released a 32GB version, which is what I really want anyway.

Drpunch

Neo Member
Looks like the 16GB is finally "sold out" in Canada. The 8 GB still has coming soon, but I'll happily wait for a 16GB version if it's only a matter of weeks.

suedester

Banned
The fact that the US store is saying sold out but the UK store still says coming soon gives me a glimmer of hope that more may come on sale over the next few days. I still don't understand how a company of Google's size can be so shit at this though.

hitsugi

I'd take one look at how Google's handled everything here today and just say, no it's probably just going to ship by the 15th and who knows when you'll get it.

Yeah.. At this point I would say count on it shipping by the 15th, then add whatever the shipping time says.

giga

Throttling is real. Anandtech tested both in the freezer and in room temp. Qualcomm'd. :mad:

51544.png

51546.png

For those wondering why the LG Optimus G wasn't affected in spite of it having the same platform, the reason is because the results from the Optimus G were run in parts due to some instability affecting its ability to run a complete set of tests without crashing. The Nexus 4 has newer drivers that don't crash during a full GLBenchmark 2.5 run but as a result run the device long enough for thermal throttling to kick in.

Milchjon

So my dad called me, he actually ordered mine for me. He said he had like 5-6 guys on his team in the office all refreshing the page separately and whoever got one first put the order in. He also said he's thrilled it sold out and it's probably sold more than the iPhone 5.

Your dad was the guy with the Apple stock overvaluation, right? I love him, more of these stories, please :-D

rabhw

I think I'm giving up on getting a 16gb in Canada for the time being.

FUCK YOU GOOGLE for cancelling my order. Fucking imbeciles.

Cyrillus

xI6n+

Ordered the 8 before the 16. Guessing "complete" comes before a shipping estimate.
My order also says "Shipping Estimate November 15, 2012" if I look in the Play Store. However, Wallet just shows "Pending" and doesn't mention anything about shipping dates.

wario

so why doesn't the optimus g have the same thermal throttling? if they both have the same processor, wouldn't that phone get just as hot as the nexus 4?

So when I get my phone, and am porting my permanent number from Sprint to the $30 Tmo no-contract plan, can I do that online? Do I set up the transfer at Tmo when I activate, then call Sprint the next day?

rabhw

Anyone in Canada have something other than Pending for their order?

Still pending in Wallet here. Play store has shipping estimate of 15th - whatever that means.

I wonder when Canada will get a decent amount of stock so it's not a fight to buy one of these things...my birthday is on the 24th ;__;

hitsugi

Does that mean it will ship out that date or I will receive it by then? Never ordered through play...do they send you a shipping notification?

We're mostly speculating that it will be the date the phone is shipped by.. but I guess we'll see tomorrow. If it doesn't ship then, it's more or less impossible it would arrive the same day it ships (the 15th)

Top Bottom