• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just called my local Sprint store, they've never even heard of it. So there is really no way to get this before Monday, is there?
This was in the Engaget article:

While you'll obviously be able to pick one up straight from Google, you'll also find the latest Nexus phone at Best Buy and Radio Shack. You can even buy one direct from compatible carriers, like Sprint which will be bringing the handset to its retail stores on November 8th, starting at $150.

Still debating this internally, It's about 360€ delivered and I was hoping for not much more than 300€. Also not sure if the Nexus 4 is gone forever as the store is changing between coming soon and no longer for sale.

It looks nice, but no Verizon and no SD slot means I'll never get it, oh well.

The way bigger problem of the two.

I seriously hope that Verizon realizes what the fuck they missed out on and changes their shit. But knowing them, they will try harder to lock people in and maybe require people that buy new phones to have a Verizon branded dildo to stick up your ass before you use the cell or else it won't work.

GJS

I had hoped it'd just replace the N4 at the price tiers it had plus £20, so the 32GB would've been £299.

£350 delivered is too much for me, pity.

CPW will apparently have the 16GB for £295 too.

O2 seem to be the only network offering it.

32GB directly via O2, 16GB only via carphone warehouse. £295 sim free, or free at £32 a month (no thanks). First 1000 contracts get a free nexus 7 though.

KorrZ

16GB White GOT! Also got a potential buyer for my Nexus 4 :) feeling pretty good. November 8th ship date LEZ GO!

I'm bailing from Verizon. Just simply had enough with the ridiculous prices and restrictions. This is just the final push I needed.

What do you guys recommend? I guess my options are pretty much Sprint or T-Mobile, right?

I'm bailing from Verizon. Just simply had enough with the ridiculous prices and restrictions. This is just the final push I needed.

What do you guys recommend? I guess my options are pretty much Sprint or T-Mobile, right?

If you want basically the closest in terms of coverage, go for AT&T, which is also overall faster. But T-Mobile, if it's good in your area and they don't restrict at all really, then go for them.

tmaynard

I'm really surprised this works on Sprint straight from the Google Play store. This is the first time I've ever been able to order a phone the moment it released and not have to wait for the "Sprint" version to be posted on their website a week later.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
such a good goddamn phone. im jealous of yall, but the s3 is still way too good to come close to justifying buying this.

Arjen

When is it coming to Holland? I'm on the verge of getting a new phone, but willing to wait if it's coming soon.

How do you cancel an order. I also have a white and a black.

Google's website is lame!

edit: oh the link is in the email

Yeah, I went to the email and clicked cancel. I have no clue how to reach it otherwise. It was like 5mins of struggling until I remembered the email.

Damn, why do large Google Wallet purchases always set off my credit cards' fraud detection?

Same thing happened last year, only AmEx blocked the transaction entirely and fucked up my order. This time, I used my CapitalOne Visa to avoid a similar mishap. Thankfully the transaction went through, but I still got a fraud alert and had to call to confirm the purchase.

I guess I should be thankful that they're so sensitive. In any case, I'm glad CapitalOne didn't block it completely like AmEx did to me last year.

It's just funny that both cards seem to have issues with Google Wallet. I make larger purchases than this on both cards regularly.

Cudder

I tried to order one on my Galaxy Nexus browser and got through the checkout but when I had to accept the TOS there was no accept button lololol

googy pls

linkboy

Go prepaid (Straight talk, aio, go phone, etc)

No bullshit contract and you own the phone.

I'm using my Nexus 4 on Straight Talk and I have no complaints with it.

bcl0328

QUESTION FOR SPRINT USERS!

I just got my HTC One about 2 months ago. Is there ANY way I can upgrade to this phone?

gimmmick

Looks like a solid release from google and LG. Interested to see how the battery and camera holds up. Once again, verizon customers get the big FU on nexus releases. Glad I didn't hold off buying a iphone 5s (I'm on verizon and didn't expect nexus 5 to release on my carrier).

Go prepaid (Straight talk, aio, go phone, etc)

No bullshit contract and you own the phone.

I'm using my Nexus 4 on Straight Talk and I have no complaints with it.

He can go prepaid on tmobile too, it really depends on coverage. Straight Talk, Sprint, etc. have no coverage by me at all.

gcubed

Go GSM, no contract. You can go with AIO which is ATT's prepaid for cheap.

DaNcaKe

Bought a white 16GB.
Cancelled and re-ordered a 32GB.

The N4 has performed exceptionally over the last year or so. If the N5 runs cooler than the N4 then it will be pretty much perfect.

Really sad that Google Voice is not integrated into Hangouts. That makes them "adding SMS" useless to me, since I exclusively text with GV.

Kiraly

When is it coming to Holland? I'm on the verge of getting a new phone, but willing to wait if it's coming soon.

It is available right now from various sites such as Bel Simpel and Studentmobiel for a (more reasonable than Nexus 4) price of €399 for the 16GB.

ukas

I'm with you. I'm tired of Verizon's bullshit prices and lack of Nexus support. $70/month prepaid plan for unlimited talk, text, and web on T-Mobile.

Ferr986

fuck it! Got the 16 GB Black one.

I dont even have 5GB of content in my Desire HD, and I like tyo have my music on my Sansa Clip.

Wont ship till 8/11 :(

Really sad that Google Voice is not integrated into Hangouts. That makes them "adding SMS" useless to me, since I exclusively text with GV.

Yeah, I'm disappointed that they don't have this worked out yet.

I'm doing my best to get all of my primary contacts to move our messaging over to Hangouts, but I still need Google Voice for call forwarding and voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom