• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 5 available as of now, starting at $349

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a solid release from google and LG. Interested to see how the battery and camera holds up. Once again, verizon customers get the big FU on nexus releases. Glad I didn't hold off buying a iphone 5s (I'm on verizon and didn't expect nexus 5 to release on my carrier).

Just so things are clear, it's Verizon handing out the FUs here...

It probably would work on Verizon if you could make them activate the sim card on their network. The Nexus 7 LTE page used to say it supported Verizon, but Verizon has refused to activate them on their network.. so Google had to remove them from the supported carrier list so that people don't buy them with the expectation of using them on Verizon.

northead

Bought the 32GB White.
Order has been completed and is now "Pending" (anyone else?)

Should leave the warehouse in Dublin on Monday a get here in a couple days.
Consider me excited.

BigFwoosh

Just so things are clear, it's Verizon handing out the FUs here...

It probably would work on Verizon if you could make them activate the sim card on their network. The Nexus 7 LTE page used to say it supported Verizon, but Verizon has refused to activate them on their network.. so Google had to remove them from the supported carrier list so that people don't buy them with the expectation of using them on Verizon.

They could possibly make the LTE work on Verizon, but Verizon only handles data through LTE so you still wouldn't be able to make voice calls, send texts, etc.

Can't decide between ringke slim and fusion for the N5.

I am using the fusion with my N4, would like to try the slim for N5 but not sure if it offers the same kind of protection as the former.

Also, both spigen and ringke cases are cheaper than amazon on ebay. (at least for me since I'm in AU)

Bought the 32GB White.
Order has been completed and is now "Pending" (anyone else?)

Should leave the warehouse in Dublin on Monday a get here in a couple days.
Consider me excited.

Dublin??

But I'm in Dublin and I can't buy one because they're not available in the ROI...

Do you think if I drive to the warehouse and ask for one they'll oblige? :(

Very cool. I got a Nexus 4 last year so I can't quite justify this along with the PS4. Although if it comes back into stock, I may ask for one for Christmas.

Oh man. I worked out so I made sure to setup google wallet for my mom and I had her order it for me. My first smart phone! I'm so excited!

Arken2121

Ah I appreciate it. 16GB for me then. Cannot fucking wait! I've had this GS2 for a while and I've dropped it close to 20 times and modded the shit out of it to the point where it barely lasts 2 hours.

Good luck guys, I really love my Nexus 4. I'm skipping this one and probably biting on the next.

I probably would have stuck with my Nexus 4 for another year if the camera were better.

I'll probably stick with the Nexus 5 for two years, though. It seems a lot more future-proof than the N4.

Rengoku

New Wireless Charger. Should be up on play store later today:

i5Cp7sryo6FdL.png

snacknuts

we all knew her
Trying to pick between this, Note 3, and Moto X.

No idea why you would get a Moto X instead of this. If I had the option between the Note 3 and this (I'm on Verizon, so I don't), it would have been a tough choice. The battery on the Note is great, the camera is great, and the S-Pen is great. But it costs basically double and I don't know that any of those things make it twice as good, especially when you consider the "cost" of not getting future updates to the Note in a timely fashion.

zero_suit

WTF... Why even bother giving a hands on... This guy clearly has a bias against all Android phones before even picking the thing up.

This guy:
- Scrolling is laggy, like all android devices
- Camera has OIS and HDR+... we'll see if it's any good, cameras on Android devices aren't good
I didn't even bother watching it. The Verge is so predictable.

JCX

what do you like about the other two? frankly i dont see how they're even competitive unless you really want a bigger or smaller screen.

The screen size is the biggest draw for the Note. I've tried it out in person, but it still seems a bit large for my hands.

Is this sold at Sprint stores as well, or only Google Play?

Wag

Just ordered my 32GB White. (still pending)

So is there any advantage to a normal case to a holster style? I'm leaning towards more the holster style you find on Amazon like this one.

Rootbeer

Banned
never owned an android device... but kinda want to dive in, is this the device for me? if I buy this direct from google can I still get a decent LTE plan and pay less per month than if I had a contract? I'm trying to see what the advantages of buying off contract would be for me... aside from the obvious being able to switch to different carriers overseas, which is not something I plan on doing soon

Knight77

Hey guys please help !

I just ordered the black 16GB, got my money taken by Google but on the webpage it show this (rough translation)

"Order not completed
The elaboration of your order is taking a bit more time than the usual. We will inform you via mail when your order will be completed. The operation might require until 15 minutes."

Is it normal? Please let me know!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom