• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6 |OT| Moto takes the L

dc89

Currently got a Z3, I wonder if I should have waited for this. Interested to see the UK pricing with O2.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Wonder if it would be worth it to swap my S5 for this. It's a great phone, but it feels like it's going to melt when I play XCOM.

I'm ready for the release of this phone already. The constant shortages in stock is very irritating. Still hype to buy something at the same time as Gaf.

XBP

I'm still annoyed that there are no dates at all for a Canadian release. Its astonishing that a company as big as google is unable to roll out a smartphone properly.

sdijoseph

So take this with a grain of salt, but Derek Ross from Phandroid posted this on his google plus page:

"Good news, Verizon customers!

The Nexus 6 has started to arrive at Verizon stores.

Bad news, Verizon customers!

My source says it's launching later than all other carriers. "

and then later

"they're arriving today in some stores, the demos go up Thursday. Looks like only in smart stores or destination stores. Regular locations may not have the demo. According to my guy."

So take this with a grain of salt, but Derek Ross from Phandroid posted this on his google plus page:

"Good news, Verizon customers!

The Nexus 6 has started to arrive at Verizon stores.

Bad news, Verizon customers!

My source says it's launching later than all other carriers. "

and then later

"they're arriving today in some stores, the demos go up Thursday. Looks like only in smart stores or destination stores. Regular locations may not have the demo. According to my guy."
What are "smart stores"?

jrcbandit

If this has the same radio found in the Droid Turbo (new Motorola phone), people are going to be disappointed. My HTC One M8 had a solid 4G connection all the time at work and the Droid Turbo was dropping to 3G quite a bit ;p. Also, no simultaneous voice and data on Verizon until Advanced Calling 1.0 is patched in, but I have to wonder if Verizon is going to even do a patch for the Nexus since it doesn't look like they are going to sell it under contract/Edge.

Lulu23

Any info when and where this phone will be available in Germany? The play store says that it isn't available in my region.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Any idea if AT&T will offer the Nexus 6 on Next on release day?

I'm not paying the higher price to subsidize it or wanting to drop $649.. rather have them loan me the money for the phone for free.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'll wait for play store, can't beat the customer service I received from google.

Yeah, they're good. I've also dealt with Moto customer service. The exact opposite. Do not buy from them, if you can help it. You will get owned if you need customer service.

werks

Banned
Yeah, they're good. I've also dealt with Moto customer service. The exact opposite. Do not buy from them, if you can help it. You will get owned if you need customer service.

Yup, got a free nexus 5 after I smashed the screen. Completely my fault.

Jzero

Going to be using this massive wallpaper for my Nexus 6.
LoZMM_Nov052014_A01.0.jpg

Groof

Interesting how Google's own pricing on the Nexus 6 here in Sweden is more expensive then every other retailer that sells it. Way to be competitive.

For fuck's sake when will this phone be available worldwide? When will we be able to read/watch reviews on it ?? What the hell is going on..This is a nexus phone not a OnePlus

When can we expect full reviews?

The day the phone comes out: the 12th.

Also, we should be hearing tmobiles plans for the phone today. AskDes, a T-Mobile higher up, said there would be news today about stock/availability etc.

I hope all stores get them, not a select few.

NotBacon

Pretty sweet phone. Surprised to see the price has almost doubled though. I wonder why?

Beautiful metal construction
Snapdragon 805 + Adreno 420
3gb RAM
32gb base storage
Quad HD screen
13mp camera with OIS
3220mah battery

Premium price for a premium phone.
Add in Lollipop and you have the phone to end all phones :p

Darknight

Honest Q, how does this compare to Sony Xperia Z3? Prices are similar and I need a new phone soon. Thinking of joining T-Mobile so I need to find something quick.

Honest Q, how does this compare to Sony Xperia Z3? Prices are similar and I need a new phone soon. Thinking of joining T-Mobile so I need to find something quick.
I'm only getting the Nexus because of Android Lollipop, future updates and ease of root. That's it. The Sony Xperia Z3 is a great phone and would otherwise be my phone of choice.

Top Bottom