• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6 |OT| Moto takes the L

FZZ

Banned
Holy fuck I was checking and the blue 32gb was available for like two seconds. I went to go check the other colors and memory size options and it was gone lmao

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
T-Mobile only to receive a "limited amount" of Nexus 6 devices:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/T-Mo...s-6-units---let-the-Nexus-games-begin_id62668

Nexus6TMobileAvailabilityHeader.jpg

it begins

th3dude

My steps this week, in order:

1. Try TMobile.com at midnight tomorrow for a 64gb model
  2. Try Google Play/Motorola all day Wednesday
  3. Cry

I really hope I don't even get to step 2. Hopefully TMobile just lets me order and I can be done with it.

todd360

Wednesday is gonna suck. I have to work from 6 am to 4:30 pm. That means my only chance to order will be on my old iphone 5 if they go on sale before then. My chances of pulling that off with low stock will be slim to none.

Drifters

th3dude

Anyone have any experience ordering a phone like this as a T-Mobile prepaid customer online? I'm wondering if I wont be able to order one without service.

Jzero

Signing up for the $30 T-Mobile plan is a pain in the ass. The kit I bought online came unactivated so I had to go to Walmart and return/rebuy it. Then when I tried activating it the support person on the phone told me I need a temporary number to transfer my current number. Now I need to go to the damn T-Mobile store -_-

Polarburr

any chance I can find this phone unlocked when I go to Europe this Dec? Or even when I stay in HK while i wait for my flight? Dropping my Note 4 purchase for this baby.

Cheebo

Banned
250 is about right. No idea why anyone thought it would be below 200 on contract. Base model off contract is priced about the same as base model iPhone 6.

thuway

Anecdotal, talked to the ATT store rep in Tukwila, WA - he claims they'll be shipping by the 20th.

Does anyone know if it's a better idea to preorder online or in store? And what time do preorders open up?

nataku

Got a question.

Is the $0, $29 a month for the Nexus 6 on Sprint added on to the phone bill, or is it a separate bill?

What I really need to know is if that $29 a month gets hit with all the crazy taxes that phone bills get hit with.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Not sure why anyone would wait on Verizon at this point when it's already been proven that the Play Store phone works just fine on their network.

....because some people can't afford a $650~ phone outright?

Not sure why anyone would wait on Verizon at this point when it's already been proven that the Play Store phone works just fine on their network.

Has it been detailed anywhere HOW they got the play version to work on VZW's network? Play store phones (even ones that support VZW's frequencies) haven't worked in the past because tying a phone to a number on Verizon's network is all handled through their back end. You have to register the device's MEID with your phone number for it to work and if Verizon's system doesn't recognize the id (ie. It wasn't sold/carried by them) you're shit out of luck.

Wreav

Banned
Has it been detailed anywhere HOW they got the play version to work on VZW's network? Play store phones (even ones that support VZW's frequencies) haven't worked in the past because tying a phone to a number on Verizon's network is all handled through their back end. You have to register the device's MEID with your phone number for it to work and if Verizon's system doesn't recognize the id (ie. It wasn't sold/carried by them) you're shit out of luck.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/31/nexus-6-working-on-verizon-out-of-the-box/

TxdoHawk

Last paragraph of Verge article on N6 sales going on tomorrow:

...and our full review of the Nexus 6 is coming in the very near future. Stay tuned, Google fans: it's going to be a fun week.

So, safe to say the embargo is probably up sometime tomorrow, I imagine.

Wreav

Banned
We knew about the 12th embargo ever since Forbes spilled those beans a few weeks ago. Can't wait to read the hilariously inconstant Verge review.

TxdoHawk

Uh-oh. Let the rage begin.

JSPTskD.jpg

Terrible for those who were ready
but then again, this might give me enough time to put together money for a down payment...

Groof

The website I had pre-ordered from had it listed as November 2014 before. Today they changed to Q4. I'm not very positive I'll be seeing my Nexus 6 this month here in cold ass Scandinavia.

NotBacon

Last paragraph of Verge article on N6 sales going on tomorrow

So, safe to say the embargo is probably up sometime tomorrow, I imagine.

Also safe to say they love it and it's an awesome phone? Why else would they say it's a fun week for Google fans?

Top Bottom