• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 6 |OT| Moto takes the L

kmfdmpig

We knew about the 12th embargo ever since Forbes spilled those beans a few weeks ago. Can't wait to read the hilariously inconstant Verge review.

Let's guess - it will be dinged for not having a MicroSD (which I think is ding worthy, but Verge never worries about for iPhones).
I also suspect that it will be praised for a good screen that falls a bit short of the Note 4's screen (speculation).
The camera will be surprisingly good, but not as good as iPhone 6 or Note 4.

Let's guess - it will be dinged for not having a MicroSD (which I think is ding worthy, but Verge never worries about for iPhones).
I also suspect that it will be praised for a good screen that falls a bit short of the Note 4's screen (speculation).
The camera will be surprisingly good, but not as good as iPhone 6 or Note 4.

Dieter from the Verge already let slip that he hates the screen.

Nexus 6 has appeared on AT&T's online store but when you click on Pre-Order it just directs you to their Coming Soon page that has been up for awhile. Just a little bit longer and people can preorder.

*edit*

Nevermind - I'm about to buy it now. If you're on AT&T and want to preorder, go ahead.

*edit 2*

Your Motorola Nexus 6 will ship by 11/18/14.

Ugh, another week!

CronoShot

Nexus 6 has appeared on AT&T's online store but when you click on Pre-Order it just directs you to their Coming Soon page that has been up for awhile. Just a little bit longer and people can preorder.

*edit*

Nevermind - I'm about to buy it now. If you're on AT&T and want to preorder, go ahead.

*edit 2*

Your Motorola Nexus 6 will ship by 11/18/14.

Ugh, another week!

No 64GB or white options either.

Got mine preordered on ATT, the 32GB blue is what I wanted anyway so it's fine for me. Hoping I can get it before I take a short vacation on the 23rd; ATT says it should be available the 18th and it comes with two day shipping soooo there's a chance!

NotBacon

My Google Play Nexus 6 better ship in the next few days...

Edit: Otherwise I will get a little grumpy and continue waiting anyways

NotBacon

I'm going to try to distract you guys from usea's question :p

What's the process for a new customer setting up the T-Mobile $30 plan?

- Order nano SIM from T-mobile site
- Go into walmart and get activation code
- Go online to activate
- Done?

And someone mentioned there's an app for paying each month so I don't have to go into walmart again each month?

Jzero

- Go online to activate
- Done?

And someone mentioned there's an app for paying each month so I don't have to go into walmart again each month?
If you get lucky. You probably won't though

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=138308311

- Go online to activate
- Done?

?

This is what I did 2 years ago.

- Order SIM kit from T-Mobile site
- Visit this link [https://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/ActivateCodes.aspx]
- Select $30 plan
- Wait for 1 hour for the SIM to activate and your number to get ported.

Oh so I'll get to keep my current phone number? Sweeeeeeeet.

And how do you pay monthly?

Initially, I loaded a couple of hundred bucks into the account and waited for a notification that told me that funds were low. T-Mobile would cut $30 every month. If I went over on minutes, they would get deducted from my loaded funds.

Now, I just keep a small amount of money in the account and have T-Mobile load $30 automatically every month.

If you get lucky. You probably won't though

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=138308311
Did you order the sim kit from Walmart online or T Mobile online? If it was from Walmart it's going to be a hassle for me since it's far from me.
Initially, I loaded a couple of hundred bucks into the account and waited for a notification that told me that funds were low. T-Mobile would cut $30 every month. If I went over on minutes, they would get deducted from my loaded funds.

Now, I just keep a small amount of money in the account and have T-Mobile load $30 automatically every month.
So you put a couple hundred into your account? Is that needed? Can I just place $30 in my account when needed?

Did you order the sim kit from Walmart online or T Mobile online? If it was from Walmart it's going to be a hassle for me since it's far from me.

I ordered my SIM from T-Mobile directly. It cost $1 + free shipping, or something like that.

So you put a couple hundred into your account? Is that needed? Can I just place $30 in my account when needed?

No, not a requirement. All T-Mobile cares is that your account has $30+ on the day it charges you.

thuway

Just got a text from ATT letting me know my Order is processed and will ship soon. The initial email was that it was to be shipped on or before the 18th, so I guess release is iminent. Can't wait.

todd360

Att hasn't ran out of stock yet it looks like. That's a good sign atleast. I would buy from them, but I don't like the blue on the sides. Why can't it just be silver on the sides lol.

Sky Chief

Yeah. Only blue 32 gb.

I'm fine with 32gb. Never even used up 16 gb on my iPhone 5. I want the white version though.

I almost bought a 32GB on the Play Store last Wednesday, had entered CC info and everything and then I looked at my OnePlus One's settings and realized I already had over 40GB on it after a month and a bit.

Well I mean, they're having a hard enough time keeping them in stock on the Google Play store, although I guess we have no real idea what their stock levels are like.

But who knows how many units Google Play Store even has, unless google comes out and gives a number I'm just going to stick with the past of this being a very niche tech product, as I hardly ever see a nexus in the wild. If I was an android user Im pretty sure I'd get this phone but only because I'm on tech website would have even of heard of this

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
But who knows how many units Google Play Store even has, unless google comes out and gives a number I'm just going to stick with the past of this being a very niche tech product, as I hardly ever see a nexus in the wild. If I was an android user Im pretty sure I'd get this phone but only because I'm on tech website would have even of heard of this

That's about to change though.. it's going in stores shortly.. not just through Google... besides.. Google doesn't make these phones and the people making them have the capacity to produce in the numbers to meet basically any demand.

This is Google attempting to go from semi-niche to mainstream.

btw, my order direct from Motorola hasn't shipped and no updates.. anyone who got on that pre-order seen any different?

Top Bottom