• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

Owzers

Hopefully this should be sufficient:

yMW5o.jpg

My assault on the bandwidth on anyone opening this thread is now over! :-D

Is there more letter boxing on the sides? On my touch pad there are black boarders on each side beyond the white page boarder, about half an inch thick on both sides.

I wonder if they'll at least upgrade shipping to a priority one?

Has anyone had much experience with TNT? I had it delivered to home on the off chance it was delivered on a Saturday but I've since found out they don't deliver on weekends (without paying a premium). Are you able to change the shipping address once the tracking number has been provided? Or at least have it delivered to a different address if you missed the initial package?

I paid 20 dollar shipping and it hasn't shipped yet :| And I live in north america :|

If it does ship today I expect it tomorrow no ifs and or buttockses

Chili

I'm just waiting for my tracking number so I can tell TNT to not even bother delivering it and return it to the sender as I'm not going to accept it and will be pushing for a full refund, including delivery seeing as they wouldn't let me cancel it five days ago and it still hasn't been dispatched (I assume so at least, never know with this communication).

I played with it a bit over the weekend and I do think it is fantastic. It is the perfect level of thickness (I'm not a fan of these wafer-thin devices - I need a tablet I can hold on to), and the size is extremely comfortable. I can use it easily while lying down or lazing around which was my intention and the reason why my Touchpad went largely unused. I complained previously about the PPI. Upon using it for a bit I am putting that down to just coming from the Galaxy Nexus - it is more than acceptable after having gotten used to it.

They're just taking their time with your order, they want it to be perfect for you.
Honestly I expect 50 bucks in credit for the play store, a 250+ word apology for what has gone down with this travesty, a press release informing the public why google doesn't give a shit about you, a discount for future nexus devices, and a device without any issues.

only then will I forget this whole ordeal. Or at least consider forgetting.

Pctx

Banned
Honestly I expect 50 bucks in credit for the play store, a 250+ word apology for what has gone down with this travesty, a press release informing the public why google doesn't give a shit about you, a discount for future nexus devices, and a device without any issues.

only then will I forget this whole ordeal. Or at least consider forgetting.

First Nexus device? First Nexus device.

kehs

Banned
For the JR guys http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=51693284&postcount=545:

So I was just told that I'm #46 in line to get my Nexus 7 from J&R and it will ship with the first 100 that arrive. He said they should arrive at their warehouse later this week. I'm not sure if they are only getting 100 or if that's per pallet or what. My email confirmation came in at July 3 @ 6:11PM EST just to give you guys an idea of where in line you are. Also, he said if I change my shipping now it will move me to the end of the line.

I'm probably like 40-something going by that timing. NY to South Florida is about 3-4 days ground, so if they don't ship today I won't be seeing it until next week. =*(

Salaadin

So that nexus 7 case i ordered on Amazon Friday afternoon has shipped. I can't wait to get it so i can not put my nexus 7 in it.

BFIB

My order just updated, same as everyone else. Estimated delivery tomorrow. Finally, there's light at the end of the tunnel!

kehs

Banned
XDA is always good for a laugh, these are the tags from the shipping thread:

1and this is crazy..so ship it maybe?, 7 inches of nexus, apple sucks, bitch wait, can't touch nexus 7... ooooh ohhhh oooooh ohhhh, embrace our furry! i want my tablet!, hemidroids is da man, hemidroids suck, i just farted on my nexus 7 allah help me, i s2 u justin bieber, ipad is better, must.. have.. nexus 7, mypussiehurts, nexus 7, nexus7>vagina ??, ocd, only hedgehog really knows! shhhhhh!, pissed, receiving tomorrow? yeah right, there is no nexus 7 only zuul, this thread is a riot, will compare my erection to screen size, woot woot go sams club woot, your mamma was here, zxoxo thank you gamestop xoxo

Holy shit, my order on the wallet page has jumped to the top of recent purchases with a purchase date of July 16, 2012. I guess that means the charge is going through despite the actuall wallet entry still stating :

Jun 28
Google Commerce Ltd received your order.

Jun 28
You placed an order with Google Commerce Ltd on Jun 28. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to .....

hmm... nexus 7 entry on play store moved to the top and click on info, it gives me this:

HnnmG.jpg

lol, are they updating status to dispatch?

I'm mildly excited.

edit, also noticed date the order on play store changed to today....

I'm getting pretty excited.

mil6es

hmm... nexus 7 entry on play store moved to the top and click on info, it gives me this:

HnnmG.jpg

lol, are they updating status to dispatch?

I'm mildly excited.

edit, also noticed date the order on play store changed to today....

I'm getting pretty excited.

Yep play has changed to 16th of July but my wallet still saying 29th of June, but still movement which is good

bob page

Does anyone know if there's a solution to do TV out? I'm debating selling my iPad 2 and Kindle for this but not having TV out might be a deal breaker.

JordanKZ

Does anyone know if there's a solution to do TV out? I'm debating selling my iPad 2 and Kindle for this but not having TV out might be a deal breaker.

The N7 has DLNA support. So you just need some kind of streaming application and a DLNA box for your TV.

U2NUMB

Anyone know if Best Buy will be carrying this? I have enough gift cards to make this baby free but no searches on their site have come up with it.

Edit: Seems it should be coming to BB but no real details. Not the best move BB considering your situation right now.

Jeff-DSA

Anyone know if Best Buy will be carrying this? I have enough gift cards to make this baby free but no searches on their site have come up with it.

Edit: Seems it should be coming to BB but no real details. Not the best move BB considering your situation right now.

I was in the same situation. Since it was fuzzy, I just put them towards the B2G1 video game sale that they had.

I'm fine toughing it out with my Xoom for a while longer, but I'm getting an N7 for my wife. She's been happy with the Kindle Fire since it launched, but I think she's ready for a big girl tablet now and the N7 seems like the most ideal.

I'll upgrade my Xoom when there's something with an HDMI out, SD card, and Jelly Bean available.

Top Bottom