• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

NawidA

Banned
Tweetbot - Plume or TweetCaster
Colloquy (IRC client) - AndChat
iA Writer - Google Docs/Drive I guess. I'm sure there are others that are more dedicated to that.
Air Video - If you are going for streaming with DLNA then there are a variety of apps for that. iMediaShare, aVia Media Player are some i've used. Or you could set up Plex on your home server and use it as an XBMC type app.
Downcast (podcast client) - I like PocketCasts or there is also Dogcatcher or doubleTwist
Goodreader - Not sure. Adobe has an official pdf reader, and Perfect Viewer supports pdfs too.
Paper - Not sure.
Notability - There are a ton of note taking apps. Evernote is probably the most popular though that was on iOS so i'm assuming you didn't like it? Try this maybe

I would just go browsing the play store and see if you can find anything.

PS: Hey anyone who has the Nexus 7 could you download Plume and see if actually goes into Tablet mode?
Did some looking and Repligo seems to be the best match for Goodreader. Anyone use it?

Don't worry guys...Soon

IMG_20120701_131057.jpg

I would hit that.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Just to clarify, it hasn't actually shipped yet but I've received my tracking number so it should be shipping soon.

It's shipping from Singapore, under Google Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd..

8GB

Seems only those who ordered 8gb are getting emails... Still waiting here for my 16

I'm getting my Nexus 7 from Adorama. It arrives on Tuesday.

I'm refusing delivery from Google. It took 28 minutes of wait time to talk to a human at Google. When I got one, they told me I couldn't cancel my order. I ordered on the 7th or so, so I won't be getting my Nexus from them for awhile.

The human voice was nice enough after spending 28 minutes waiting for one. She sent me instructions for how to refuse delivery. It took 4 calls to be able to wait for 28 minutes.

Fuck Google. I'll never deal with them again.

I'm getting my Nexus 7 from Adorama. It arrives on Tuesday.

I'm refusing delivery from Google. It took 28 minutes of wait time to talk to a human at Google. When I got one, they told me I couldn't cancel my order. I ordered on the 7th or so, so I won't be getting my Nexus from them for awhile.

The human voice was nice enough after spending 28 minutes waiting for one. She sent me instructions for how to refuse delivery. It took 4 calls to be able to wait for 28 minutes.

Fuck Google. I'll never deal with them again.
Like I said. Google should cease selling hardware immediately after this is over. Horrible.

rozay

Banned
Wonder how many takes it took to get that pizza on the roof.
Well, we had a long discussion about it. This was an enormous pizza. You had to hold the box with two arms. I couldn’t possibly do it with one because it’s huge. I told the director I have to be this far from the roof while doing this because I couldn’t look at the roof. Walt’s not trying to throw a pizza on the roof. He’s throwing it out of frustration and it lands on the roof and he’s not even aware of it. So I actually do this. It lands in precisely the perfect spot on the very first take. I didn’t see it land because I’m not looking up there, I jump in the car and pull out and speed away. But when I come back and drive up with the car, I look up and I see the pizza perfectly placed in front of the camera on the roof. You’re kidding? It couldn’t have been more perfect and then our director says, “Let’s do a second take!” And I said, “We can’t do this again! There is no second take! It’s done!”

That's not bad at all for S1. Of course $8 a month on Netflixinstant gets you S1-3, and you can pick up the DVDs for S4 for $20. Whatever the price though; it's well worth it, such a brilliant show

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Just ordered one of these through EB here in Aus, the inclusion of JB and small form factor won me over. Will be great for what I currently use my iPad for - mostly web browsing, a bit of music and video streaming. After using my Android phone the last few months I've become far more aware of how restricted iOS feels ... seeya, iPad.
Hoping this isn't a horrible mistake

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just ordered one of these through EB here in Aus, the inclusion of JB and small form factor won me over. Will be great for what I currently use my iPad for - mostly web browsing, a bit of music and video streaming. After using my Android phone the last few months I've become far more aware of how restricted iOS feels ... seeya, iPad.
Hoping this isn't a horrible mistake
Restriction on a tablet isn't a huge deal to me. It's the phone restriction that gets to me.

You'll miss tablet apps.

Top Bottom