• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexus 7 |OT| Google's $199 7-inch tablet by Asus

kazinova

Got my "shipping" email on Friday.

Still no package, still no information on UPS.com.

I'm pretty sure they haven't shipped it yet. I'm never ordering from Google again. This is kind of stupid. It's not the end of the world, but I could've purchased a Nexus 7 while I was at one of two stores I went to yesterday. Why did I pay for shipping and pre-order again?

Lesson learned, hope I get this thing before I go on vacation next week.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Got my "shipping" email on Friday.

Still no package, still no information on UPS.com.

I'm pretty sure they haven't shipped it yet. I'm never ordering from Google again. This is kind of stupid. It's not the end of the world, but I could've purchased a Nexus 7 while I was at one of two stores I went to yesterday. Why did I pay for shipping and pre-order again?

Lesson learned, hope I get this thing before I go on vacation next week.
Two day shipping no less. Money well wasted.

DagsJT

Is there going to be anyone working in the USA next week? I swear every Nexus 7 purchaser is going on holiday next week!

Samus4145

UPS Site updated. Says the label was created on the 10th and will update when the package is in their facility. 2 day delivery my ass. Google will be getting an email from me.

Shuusui

Are Gamestops even selling these to folks who didn't pre-order? Feel like I could catch an unsuspecting employee out if I tried...

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Are Gamestops even selling these to folks who didn't pre-order? Feel like I could catch an unsuspecting employee out if I tried...
My GameStop let me place a preorder on Saturday, but he said he would have to bug another store to get one because that store wasn't getting one unless someone preordered. Loopholes. ^_^

I'm guessing it'll be on a store by store basis.

Salaadin

Lol, google emailed me this morning and I thought it was going to be about my N7 shipping but nope, it was about my email last week asking when it was going to ship. They dont know and cant provide info on individual orders :(

Only hope is that their system just sucks at updating and my package is actually on its way but thats a huge stretch

DagsJT

Lol, google emailed me this morning and I thought it was going to be about my N7 shipping but nope, it was about my email last week asking when it was going to ship. They dont know and cant provide info on individual orders :(

Only hope is that their system just sucks at updating and my package is actually on its way but thats a huge stretch

Was it this email?

Hello Darren,

We're now shipping Nexus 7 preorders.

Once your order has shipped you’ll receive a confirmation email and tracking number. Though our agents are unable to provide a specific delivery date for individual preorders, please rest assured that our shipping team is working to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Wade
The Google Play Team

That was yesterday. As far as I know, nobody in the UK has been charged, nevermind had their device shipped.

kazinova

Almost comical that my label was printed on the 12th and tracking info has yet to update.

You too? I'm getting pretty fed up. Even if the damned thing shows up on my doorstep this evening I'm still done with the play store for the foreseeable future.

Salaadin

Was it this email?

That was yesterday. As far as I know, nobody in the UK has been charged, nevermind had their device shipped.

Lol, yes. Thats it.

Some people on XDA forums are saying theyre getting charged this morning so keep an eye out on your credit card. Others are saying that its possible that the orders are already out there but we just havent been charged yet. Apparently google does that occasionally.

Lol, yes. Thats it.

Some people on XDA forums are saying theyre getting charged this morning so keep an eye out on your credit card. Others are saying that its possible that the orders are already out there but we just havent been charged yet. Apparently google does that occasionally.

Also, bear in mind people keep stating they've been charged when it's actually just the holding amount reflecting off the available balance. They keep getting my hopes up.

deviant1

Like many others, this will be the last time I order any hardware from the Play store. This shit is just fucking pathetic on all fronts.

I preordered on June 27 and I received an email with tracking info on Friday morning. About an hour ago that tracking info finally updated but it still just says they created a label on the 11th. My CC was charged on the 14th.

th3dude

You too? I'm getting pretty fed up. Even if the damned thing shows up on my doorstep this evening I'm still done with the play store for the foreseeable future.

Yep. Same here. Still nothing.

While my brother preordered one from gamestop last week and has had it since Friday. No shipping either.

Sanjuro

uVryl.jpg

Samus4145

Like many others, this will be the last time I order any hardware from the Play store. This shit is just fucking pathetic on all fronts.

I preordered on June 27 and I received an email with tracking info on Friday morning. About an hour ago that tracking info finally updated but it still just says they created a label on the 11th. My CC was charged on the 14th.

Same except they created my label on the 10th.

Hieberrr

Still no charge. This is really getting frustrating. For the money that I am spending (w/ shipping), I could have just walked to Tue store and gotten the 16GB (albeit a bit more cash).

You pre-ordered something and didn't get it when it came out, so it's google being google.

Anyway the countdown for today continues. If it doesn't ship, RIP google, it's over.

Salaadin

Still no charge. This is really getting frustrating. For the money that I am spending (w/ shipping), I could have just walked to Tue store and gotten the 16GB (albeit a bit more cash).

But then you wouldnt have gotten the Google Experience!

I almost bought one this weekend but assumed that my card would be charged Monday and then itd be a hassle to return and refund, etc. I still havent been charged but it is only 7:30am in CA and maybe Google is still sleeping.

DagsJT

But then you wouldnt have gotten the Google Experience!

I almost bought one this weekend but assumed that my card would be charged Monday and then itd be a hassle to return and refund, etc. I still havent been charged but it is only 7:30am in CA and maybe Google is still sleeping.

3:22pm here in the UK and still haven't seen anyone here with any kind of update.

Second class citizens.

BFIB

So my label was created on the 11th, with a scheduled delivery of 7/13.

I could have driven to Louisville and picked it up by this point. Google Play, never again.

JoeFu

Banned
Anybody who ordered from JR.com get an update yet? I read on their facebook page that they started shipping N7 orders on Friday. Mine still says its backordered... Oh well. It's what I get for being cheap! I don't mind waiting.

I saw a UPS truck coming down my street this morning and I ran downstairs only to see it going to my nextdoor neighbors house. I was crushed :( This wait wouldn't be so bad if they just gave us something concrete.

Emily Chu

Banned
I saw a UPS truck coming down my street this morning and I ran downstairs only to see it going to my nextdoor neighbors house. I was crushed :( This wait wouldn't be so bad if they just gave us something concrete.

This was exactly what I was trying to avoid lol because I knew I was going to be F5ing the tracker like mad if I ordered online

So I just went ahead last Wednesday and preordered it in GameStop it'll be in when its in

Lol and behold. Got a text Friday 13th morning to pick it up

I ran down to my local GameStop and picked it up.

Never in a million years I though GameStop brick and mortar stores would have it first

Google has a warped definition on what it means to pre-order a product in the service industry. They think it's apparently enough if it just secures a device, even if you get it a year after it comes out.

th3dude

Well, I can confirm that Google did not ship until today.

Tracking just updated:

ORIGIN SCAN: This morning

Delivery by end of day tomorrow.

kazinova

I put my pre-order in on 6/28 and a friend put his in on 7/9, he's got a delivery date of tomorrow. I still don't have a delivery date. Eff this. Why did we pre-order?

Salaadin

I put my pre-order in on 6/28 and a friend put his in on 7/9, he's got a delivery date of tomorrow. I still don't have a delivery date. Eff this. Why did we pre-order?

Im curious to know what system they used to determine what wave people got shipped out in. You would assume that its first come, first serve but thats not the case at all.

DagsJT

Just replied to "Wade" and his email:

Hi,

Thank you for the canned email reply. This email seems to only apply to USA residents as I haven't noticed a single person in the UK mention that they have been charged, let alone had their device shipped.

Can you confirm when the UNITED KINGDOM orders will ship please, not the USA orders?

Thanks

Not expecting a reply, of course. The lack of any communication from Google is astounding.

Top Bottom