• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Rorschach

belly_medium.gif

WE PAID YOU GOOD MONEY!

A little known fact about why the Ravens beat the Patriots....my five year old found a four leaf clover earlier in the day and told me, " I only made three wishes; that the Ravens win, that the Ravens win, and that the Ravens win."

She kicks ass.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jim Harbaugh, University of San Diego coach edition, giving a talk on quarterback coaching.

17:00 Harbaugh, to illustrate proper QB hand placement, says a quarterback must place the second knuckle of his index finger "right on the center's asshole." He then repeats this several times like the word "asshole" is a scientific term, and without giggling. Jim Harbaugh is more mature than I am.

27:00: Harbaugh pounds an overhead projector while yelling "I MUST WIN." He does this so hard he breaks the overhead.

There's lots of "THAT'S HUGE" and "BAM!" and "Jim Harbaugh looking a little like Uncle Rico simulating plays," but a few things are clear. It's clear that Jim Harbaugh is a very good football instructor. It's also clear he's so intense that he'll break equipment during a simple coaching clinic demonstration. Finally, it's clear that Jim Harbaugh is insane, and that this seems to be nothing but an asset in his line of work.

Video: http://vimeo.com/34324638

Crabtree rape allegation not holding up
The hotel-room sexual assault allegations against 49ers star wide receiver Michael Crabtree do not appear to be holding up under investigation.

San Francisco police said Friday that they were looking into a complaint that Crabtree had assaulted a woman in a hotel after the Niners defeated the Green Bay Packers in a playoff game Jan. 12.

According to a San Francisco law enforcement source, the woman who lodged the allegation was one of three women who joined Crabtree in a party at a room in the tony W Hotel on Third Street.

The other two women have told investigators that Crabtree didn’t assault anyone, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is continuing.

Police haven’t found any physical evidence of an attack, the source added. It hasn’t been disclosed whether the woman who said she had been victimized went to a hospital to be examined.

628x471.jpg

redemption song!

also, watching the niners/falcons replay on NFLN with sideline stuff spliced in. it was clear the falcons lost the game as soon as the niners pulled to within 3. you hear decoud on the sideline after the VD touchdown saying "DAMN man... they made a game of it.... DAMN!" it was like the falcons were trying to go all-out early to break us but they couldn't!

JCizzle

628x471.jpg

redemption song!

also, watching the niners/falcons replay on NFLN with sideline stuff spliced in. it was clear the falcons lost the game as soon as the niners pulled to within 3. you hear decoud on the sideline after the VD touchdown saying "DAMN man... they made a game of it.... DAMN!" it was like the falcons were trying to go all-out early to break us but they couldn't!

Excellent news ! Now Crabs and the rest of them just need to stay in their fucking rooms for the next two weeks and party after. I hope Harbs drills that home and gets some of the old SB Niners in to talk to them.

squicken

Wait until you see what we resign Bradford for. I'll puke

His contract isn't up for awhile, and 2013 is the last year he is guaranteed money, with a salary of $9m. But his salary for 2014 would be $14m, so they'll have a decision to make. On the outside chance he has a good year, the Rams haven't messed up their cap like the Jets and Lions, so they won't be forced to extend him.

No shit, Indy has enough guys that drop keep passes. Why sign another?

Seriously. Avery and Hilton led the league.

So, who are the guys dropping the highest percentage of catchable balls? It turns out they both play their football in Indianapolis, with both Donnie Avery and T.Y. Hilton finishing the year with a drop rate of 16.67. Just imagine what the stat line for Andrew Luck would have looked like if these two had been a little more sure-handed in their franchise quarterback’s rookie year.

Code:
Name               Team    Targets    Catches    Drops    Catchable     Drop Rate

Donnie Avery        IND       112        60        12        72          16.67 
T.Y. Hilton         IND         88        50        10        60          16.67

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I can understand ATL re-signing Ryan. But Stafford and Cutler and of course Schoob don't deserve gigantic extensions. All they will ever be is bubble playoff team QBs

I feel dirty for defending Cutler but you're crazy just for even mentioning Schaub in the same sentence as Cutler and Stafford. Cutler and Stafford both have the quickest releases and strongest arms in the league combined with accuracy. Cutler has had bad luck in terms of injuries while the Lions are young and have a bad luck season overall (turnovers, special team play). Stafford has the advantage over Cutler just because of clutch play along with not being a douchebag human being like Jay Cutler.

This is God-given talent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw&t=1m0s

Cutler or Stafford on the Texans team would make them a Super Bowl winner this year, IMO.

iPhone games are way too mainstream. Buckethead only plays games on the Vita and Dreamcast.
Funny you should say that.

I played Vita earlier today. I played Smash Bros Vita or whatever it's called.
It was the first time I'd played it at an extended length.

This past weekend I played Crazy Taxi on PS3 at a friend's.

His contract isn't up for awhile, and 2013 is the last year he is guaranteed money, with a salary of $9m. But his salary for 2014 would be $14m, so they'll have a decision to make. On the outside chance he has a good year, the Rams haven't messed up their cap like the Jets and Lions, so they won't be forced to extend him.

And if there isn't a better option? We are gonna end up paying for Bradford. More than he will be worth for sure

I feel dirty for defending Cutler but you're crazy just for even mentioning Schaub in the same sentence as Cutler and Stafford. Cutler and Stafford both have the quickest releases and strongest arms in the league combined with accuracy. Cutler has had bad luck in terms of injuries while the Lions are young and have a bad luck season overall (turnovers, special team play). Stafford has the advantage over Cutler just because of clutch play along with not being a douchebag human being like Jay Cutler.

This is God-given talent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw&t=1m0s

Cutler or Stafford on the Texans team would make them a Super Bowl winner this year, IMO.

kap has a better arm than both of them and better accuracy. numbers dont lie brotha

Doorman

I always seem to wind up doing this, but...

Aren't losing turnovers and poor special teams play just indicative of...a bad team, and not bad luck? If stuff like that only happened in a game or two, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, but random shit going wrong was the theme of the whole year and I don't think it's fare to entirely chalk that up to coincidence, either.

Cutler and Stafford both have plenty of core physical talent, at least arm-wise, it's the mental stuff that gets called into question. But in a lot of cases, that mental stuff can make for a crucial difference between a mediocre QB and a great one.

mr2xxx

Banned

Aren't losing turnovers and poor special teams play just indicative of...a bad team, and not bad luck? If stuff like that only happened in a game or two, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt, but random shit going wrong was the theme of the whole year and I don't think it's fare to entirely chalk that up to coincidence, either.

Cutler and Stafford both have plenty of core physical talent, at least arm-wise, it's the mental stuff that gets called into question. But in a lot of cases, that mental stuff can make for a crucial difference between a mediocre QB and a great one.

Only thing that is luck is recovered fumbles. There is no team that is good at it, it's just random luck whoever recovers. But throwing interceptions, fumbling and shitty ST is just a sign of bad play though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
There's no super bowl thread yet? Man, I've been salty as fuck since Sunday. I'm pulling for the Ravens. FUCK THE NINERS!

Seriously though, has there been a bigger team of cunts than the niners? Gore doing the dirty bird after that touchdown? I'm pissed. I have confidence in Ray Rice and the defense to get this work done and shut down the shitty cunt ass niners!

original.gif

I hope Bernard Pollard ends Frank Gore's career :)

Doomsayer

redemption song!

537458_595486070477692_1831360820_n_zpsc5aae351.jpg

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
kap has a better arm than both of them and better accuracy. numbers dont lie brotha

Kap has a great arm and accuracy and has impressed the hell out of me, but Stafford and Cutler both have stronger arms, and Stafford IMO has better accuracy (Kap is still great though).

Yes, turnovers and poor special team play are indicative of bad teams, but also young teams. Bears had their own issue, but in terms of the Lions we none of our ills are to be blamed on Stafford which is the point I'm getting at. Stafford himself is only 24 years old and has proven to be a great leader unlike Cutler, and great in clutch. Stafford hasn't had the overall stability and talent to surround him yet, but its coming soon with this upcoming draft and free agency.

Have faith brother.

dschalter

Kap has a great arm and accuracy and has impressed the hell out of me, but Stafford and Cutler both have stronger arms, and Stafford IMO has better accuracy (Kap is still great though).

Yes, turnovers and poor special team play are indicative of bad teams, but also young teams. Bears had their own issue, but in terms of the Lions we none of our ills are to be blamed on Stafford which is the point I'm getting at. Stafford himself is only 24 years old and has proven to be a great leader unlike Cutler, and great in clutch. Stafford hasn't had the overall stability and talent to surround him yet, but its coming soon with this upcoming draft and free agency.

Have faith brother.

Shaun Hill has been just as clutch in relief. It's almost as though there's a lurking variable...

Top Bottom