• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

mr2xxx

Banned
Kap has a great arm and accuracy and has impressed the hell out of me, but Stafford and Cutler both have stronger arms, and Stafford IMO has better accuracy (Kap is still great though).

Yes, turnovers and poor special team play are indicative of bad teams, but also young teams. Bears had their own issue, but in terms of the Lions we none of our ills are to be blamed on Stafford which is the point I'm getting at. Stafford himself is only 24 years old and has proven to be a great leader unlike Cutler, and great in clutch. Stafford hasn't had the overall stability and talent to surround him yet, but its coming soon with this upcoming draft and free agency.

Have faith brother.

The issue with young teams is that it usually means they were bad already and had to rebuild. Which is exactly what you guys were. But now with a few years and drafts I'm not sure what the issue is. Your team has talent but it might not just be injuries that caused a down year. You guys might just need a Harbaugh that could put all the pieces together.

There's no super bowl thread yet? Man, I've been salty as fuck since Sunday. I'm pulling for the Ravens. FUCK THE NINERS!

Seriously though, has there been a bigger team of cunts than the niners? Gore doing the dirty bird after that touchdown? I'm pissed. I have confidence in Ray Rice and the defense to get this work done and shut down the shitty cunt ass niners!

I hope Bernard Pollard ends Frank Gore's career :)

OMG R U SERIOUS! R U SERIOUSLY ROOTING FOR SOMEONE TO GET HURT? I AM FUCKING OUTRAGED. IM PHYSICALLY ILL RIGHT NOW. IM LITERALLY PHYSICALLY ILL

Bowser

There's no super bowl thread yet? Man, I've been salty as fuck since Sunday. I'm pulling for the Ravens. FUCK THE NINERS!

Seriously though, has there been a bigger team of cunts than the niners? Gore doing the dirty bird after that touchdown? I'm pissed. I have confidence in Ray Rice and the defense to get this work done and shut down the shitty cunt ass niners!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18c4y2ptvvu9dgif/original.gif[IMG]

I hope Bernard Pollard ends Frank Gore's career :)[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://cdn.cosbysweaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/dirty.gif

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18c4y2ptvvu9dgif/original.gif[/IMG

I hope Bernard Pollard ends Frank Gore's career :)[/QUOTE]

That's some douche shit you just said.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Who are you guys parodying? I missed it.

Me posting this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46692537&postcount=10581

in response to...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46692448&postcount=10580

which sparked a debate. Then a fellow pats fan posts RGIII with a torn ACL and I said the thread sucked atm. Still stand by my thoughts.

edit- Ridley was out for 30 seconds to a minute, couldn't walk in a straight line... apparently it's fun rewinding and watching players with brain damage despite all we've learned about CTE.

xnipx

Torrey Smith and Boldin are gonna kill the 9ers fraud secondary. Pierce will have a good game running the ball I expect rice to do most his damage on swing passes and screens

Rorschach

Me posting this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46692537&postcount=10581

in response to...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46692448&postcount=10580

which sparked a debate. Then a fellow pats fan posts RGIII with a torn ACL and I said the thread sucked atm. Still stand by my thoughts.

edit- Ridley was out for 30 seconds to a minute, couldn't walk in a straight line... apparently it's fun rewinding and watching players with brain damage despite all we've learned about CTE.
Oh, I guess I didn't miss it. With the hyperbole, I thought someone actually had a meltdown. I agree. I don't root for players to get injured or brain damage. Even Broncos! I always hope they get back up.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Oh, I guess I didn't miss it. With the hyperbole, I thought someone actually had a meltdown. I agree. I don't root for players to get injured or brain damage. Even Broncos! I always hope they get back up.

That's the silly part, I didn't even get salty/mad, it's the fact that I'm a pats fan. People were like "rabble rabble brady tried to injure Ed!" To which I actually agreed, and tweeted out to the local beat writer to hopefully address it and get it some attention. Again though pats lost so all bets are off.

Rorschach

That's the silly part, I didn't even get salty/mad, it's the fact that I'm a pats fan. People were like "rabble rabble brady tried to injure Ed!" To which I actually agreed, and tweeted out to the local beat writer to hopefully address it and get it some attention. Again though pats lost so all bets are off.

With the attention Reed was getting, I don't think it was just Brady. I think they either had a bounty out of him or wanted revenge. Thank goodness they took him off punt returns after that cheap shot during that one return.

Nameless

Torrey Smith and Boldin are gonna kill the 9ers fraud secondary. Pierce will have a good game running the ball I expect rice to do most his damage on swing passes and screens

You need to shove this post swiftly back into your anus. What do we fear from the Raven's passing game that we haven't already seen two fold facing(and beating) the Saints, Packers, Patriots or Falcons...honestly? And are we really pretending like the Raven's passing game did anything before Talib went down?

I fear the Raven's ability for force turnover's more than anything else. Apart from some soul crushing mistakes, the past few QBs you've faced have streaked naked, sparklers in hand, through down and around your defense.

Didn't get mad? You started calling people asshole left and right. It took you till today to calm the fuck down.

You need to shove this post swiftly back into your anus. What do we fear from the Raven's passing game that we haven't already seen two fold facing(and beating) the Saints, Packers, Patriots or Falcons...honestly? And are we really pretending like the Raven's passing game did anything before Talib went down?

I thought we were withholding all shit talk until the Superbowl thread and continuing to troll the Pats for losing until then. Am I wrong?

Doorman

Yes, turnovers and poor special team play are indicative of bad teams, but also young teams. Bears had their own issue, but in terms of the Lions we none of our ills are to be blamed on Stafford which is the point I'm getting at. Stafford himself is only 24 years old and has proven to be a great leader unlike Cutler, and great in clutch.
Understand that I'm not throwing him under the bus when I say this, but...I don't think it's fair to say that NONE of the team's struggles are his fault. He's made poor decisions, some really wonky throws, shown inconsistent footwork, and has yet to really connect with and "make" a receiver better outside of Calvin Johnson. Yeah yeah, he's young, I'm not pushing him out the door, but he's been in this league for four years now and we're paying him to be one of the best quarterbacks in the league. He isn't, at least not yet.

Stafford hasn't had the overall stability and talent to surround him yet, but its coming soon with this upcoming draft and free agency.

Have faith brother.
Didn't I hear this...last year? Boy, all that draft talent sure helped out our offense. I'm sick and tired of being "just one good draft away."

The issue with young teams is that it usually means they were bad already and had to rebuild. Which is exactly what you guys were. But now with a few years and drafts I'm not sure what the issue is. Your team has talent but it might not just be injuries that caused a down year. You guys might just need a Harbaugh that could put all the pieces together.
I tend to lean this way more and more as time goes on. I find it hard to believe that, unless he's just going full-blown Millen levels of stupid with bypassing his scouting department, that Mayhew is really just spending entire drafts on shitty players that wouldn't have succeeded anywhere. I severely question Schwatz and his staff's ability to 1) control and command a locker room and 2) develop systems and coaching methods that can build decently-talented people into high-level NFL players. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single player from the Schwartz/Mayhew era that really exceeded expectations and turned out to be a star in the making. The closest we have are the likes of Stafford or Delmas, both taken in the staff's very first year, and both of them are still question marks.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Didn't get mad? You started calling people asshole left and right. It took you till today to calm the fuck down.

Lol left and right? Pretty sure it was only you and deacon. I got heated in the middle of the debate as I do when anybody edit- twists my words/intention, but if I remember right I reacted to you saying something along the lines of edit- "oh but it's ok to root for brady going at ed" to which I got frustrated, because if you'd been following along you'd know I was right there with everyone questioning his intent.

With deacon, you were just being a straight up troll posting pics of Brady's knee despite not adding a damn thing to the debate. Called him an asshole and was done paying attention to the posts.

edit- also think it's funny that I've found reactions from other threads saying "don't cheer an injury that's wrong!", but in this very thread debated me on the subject, because I'm a pats fan. Maybe in your hysteria and excitement you forgot what actually happened.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
2005 Pro Bowl skills competition playing on NFLN.

Elway vs Young alumni flag football to start. Jason Sehorn sighting!

Lunchbox

Banned
this thread is turning into handbag and hairpulling fights

this is what happens when small market scrubs get to share the spotlight. disgusting

Nameless

this is what happens when small market scrubs get to share the spotlight. disgusting

Says someone who waves the flag of the messiest premature ejaculation in sports history. Congratulations. You [barely] blew your load all over football titans like Martz, Reid & Fox with the aid of video surveillance and haven't done jack shit since.

Lol left and right? Pretty sure it was only you and deacon. I got heated in the middle of the debate as I do when anybody edit- twists my words/intention, but if I remember right I reacted to you saying something along the lines of "it's ok to root for brady going at ed" to which I got frustrated, because if you'd been following along you'd know I was right there with everyone questioning his intent.

With deacon, you were just being a straight up troll posting pics of Brady's knee despite not adding a damn thing to the debate. Called him an asshole and was done paying attention to the posts.

edit- also think it's funny that I've found reactions from other threads saying "don't cheer an injury that's wrong!", but in this very thread debated me on the subject, because I'm a pats fan. Maybe in your hysteria and excitement you forgot what actually happened.

Again, you're like in the all serious zone when the rest of us are in the just fucking around zone...well most of us. People went hard on you because you came in all judgemental proclaiming the whole thread to be "terrible" and people were scum or whatever. And me being a smart ass said, "kind of like trying to slide and kick a guy in the balls." Which, really, is true, that was a pretty scummy play. But it had nothing to do with you personally. And then you just went ape shit.

Lunchbox

Banned
Says someone who waves the flag of the messiest premature ejaculation in sports history. Congratulations. You [barely] blew your load all over football titans like Martz, Reid & Fox with the aid of video surveillance and haven't done jack shit since.

last time your shit team won anything your granpa was still spitting out your dad, and youre already talking shit about what we have done?

once you lose to the murderer crew, you'll be back to dusting those betamax footage of your teams wins

#smallteammentality

Doomsayer

Surprised you're still here.

This is what happens Buckethead. Do you see what you've done to us?!

This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass Larry! This is what happens!

a_stranger_in_the_alps.png

Nameless

last time your shit team won anything your granpa was still spitting out your dad, and youre already talking shit about what we have done?

once you lose to the murderer crew, you'll be back to dusting those betamax footage of your teams wins

#smallteammentality

My shit team was winning seasons when the Patriots' claim to fame was using a Revolutionary War veteran in a "fuck me" pose as the team's logo.

Patriots-logo.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Again, you're like in the all serious zone when the rest of us are in the just fucking around zone...well most of us. People went hard on you because you came in all judgemental proclaiming the whole thread to be "terrible" and people were scum or whatever. And me being a smart ass said, "kind of like trying to slide and kick a guy in the balls." Which, really, is true, that was a pretty scummy play. But it had nothing to do with you personally. And then you just went ape shit.

Again didn't go ape shit, I think you've misinterperted my tone. It was a scummy play, but people kept saying "well you're pissed that Ridley is hurt and we're laughing, yet you cheer for this kind of play!?" which is just ridiculous (edit- mainly because my take is... wtf was Brady doing?! He doesn't have a rep of being dirty and loves Ed, I hope to God he wasn't trying to end his career.) I think posts like this...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46731588&postcount=11642

...are pretty shameful if you genuinely believe that, and I got pretty passionate about the debate, but I never got angry. But if you look at how the debate all started again it was with a simple question, when did it become ok to cheer injuries? And I'm being serious. People have taken the x amount of years thing and run with it, but my point was I've been posting since the 07 season so I've seen the pats dragged through the mud. I was there for the superbowl loss, I was there for the revealing of spygate, I was there for Brady's ACL, I was there for 09 wild card lashing, I was there for jets in '10, and I was there in the bowl last year... have you ever seen me going on like this before? No, because it's NOT about the game, it's a serious question. People bitch about pats and boston fans being classless (I'm not debating this BELIEVE me), yet they turn into the same thing they hate all of a sudden when it involves the pats? And people tried to explain it by saying "they're cheaters! How can you live with yourself?!?!?" lol, ok it's a game we all love, and people are passionate about, but again it's a game.

edit- generally I would have gaf behind me if someone came in here saying things like "lol he's bumping into the wall, have to keep watching it". Normally somebody says that and that person is immediately chased out of the thread. That's a clear sign of concussion, concussions are career killers and can ruin your life.

Ian Rapoport ‏ @ RapSheet
Best Mobile-based news of the week: JaMarcus Russell is making a comeback! No lie. At 305 lbs now, hoping for 265. May make a Combine cameo

Top Bottom