• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why does everyone think they are keeping Vick? Vick is going to make a ton of money this upcoming season and he was terrible last season when he played. Unless he is willing to take a paycut, I don't think there is room for him.

I'd imagine hes going to take a paycut. Even with a cut the Eagles will pay him a shitload more than any other team and who else is out there to replace Vick?

LevelNth

Banned
Our good friend Chris Kluwe knows my current pain:

Chris Kluwe @ChrisWarcraft
This is what toddlers do to you. I'm humming the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme, and replacing the words with "Pukey Mouth Vomit House".
Still never understood this, and give my brother shit all the time. It's freakin 2013, how many TV shows and horrid movies have to get made before people realize this is what having kids is?!

You don't get to mention it, say its a pain, complain, etc. Kids are god damn nightmares that stink and yell and make you act like a fool.

They are also optional.

/kidrant

Dragon

Banned
You cant be serious with this. I know you post a lot of ridiculous nonsense but this is really pushing it. the ; and the ' are right next to each other. It had nothing to do with being upset with Frank, which I am not at all.

It's okay. When the Eagles give up 600 yards a game defensively because their offense will only be on the field for 14 seconds you'll change your tune.

And I don't post ridiculous nonsense! My nonsense is purely nonsensical.

Word seems to be that none of the new regime has even contacted The baseball player since the season ended.

Also Yankee possibly Ej Manuel? Tyler Wilson?

Thanks. I havent seen either guy play but I really hope that Chip can find a QB he likes in this draft so we wont be tuck with Vick, or whoever, for more then a year. I really hope we hear who his other coaches are going to be, and that they have a lot of NFL experience.

Anyone have a link to Kiper's mock draft or want to repost it? I'm not giving ESPN money.
Kipers draft without the write ups
1. Kansas City Chiefs - Luke Joeckel, OT (Texas A&M)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Damontre Moore, DE (Texas A&M)
3. Oakland Raiders - Star Lotulelei, DT (Utah)
4. Philadelphia Eagles - Dee Milliner, CB (Alabama)
5. Detroit Lions - Jarvis Jones, LB (Georgia)
6. Cleveland Browns - Bjoern Werner, DE (Florida State)
7. Arizona Cardinals - Chance Warmack, G (Alabama)
8. Buffalo Bills - Manti Te'o, LB (Notre Dame)
9. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE (LSU)
10. Tennessee Titans - Dion Jordan, DE (Oregon)
11. San Diego Chargers - Eric Fisher, OT (Central Michigan)
12. Miami Dolphins - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR (Tennessee)
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Alec Ogletree, LB (Georgia)
14. Carolina Panthers - Sheldon Richardson, DT (Missouri)
15. New Orleans Saints - Johnathan Hankins, DT (Ohio State)
16. St. Louis Rams - Kenny Vaccaro, S (Texas)
17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ezekiel Ansah, LB (BYU)
18. Dallas Cowboys - Jonathan Cooper, G (North Carolina)
19. New York Giants - Sam Montgomery, DE (LSU)
20. Chicago Bears - Tyler Eifert, TE (Notre Dame)
21. Cincinnati Bengals - Montee Ball, RB (Wisconsin)
22. St. Louis Rams (from WAS) - D.J. Fluker, OT (Alabama)
23. Minnesota Vikings - Terrance Williams, WR (Baylor
24. Indianapolis Colts - Menelik Watson, OT (Florida State)
25. Seattle Seahawks - John Jenkins, DT (Georgia)
26. Green Bay Packers - Zack Ertz, TE (Stanford)
27. Houston Texans - Keenan Allen, WR (California)
28. Denver Broncos - Xavier Rhodes, CB (Florida State)
29. Baltimore Ravnes - Kevin Minter, LB (LSU)
30. San Francisco 49ers - Shariff Floyd, DT (Florida)
31. New England Patriots - DeAndrew Hopkins, WR (Clemson)
32. Atlanta Falcons - Margus Hunt, DE (SMU)

eznark

Banned
Wow, Kiper has way more faith in the Cardinals than I do.

Still never understood this, and give my brother shit all the time. It's freakin 2013, how many TV shows and horrid movies have to get made before people realize this is what having kids is?!

You don't get to mention it, say its a pain, complain, etc. Kids are god damn nightmares that stink and yell and make you act like a fool.

They are also optional.

/kidrant

Actually I do fucko. As I just did. I'll probably do it again in the future to.

bluemax

Banned
There were several reports that Chip likes the idea of Vick running the offense and that Lurie assured him that they would be willing to pay Vick to keep him if Chip wanted him. I definitely think they will keep Vick now, the only question is if there is a young QB that Chip likes in thi draft, or do they wait until next year to address the QB situation.

Do any of the people that follow college football a lot think their is a QB in this draft that could run Chip's offense in the pros?

EJ Manuel or Collin Klein but both are stretching it.

trestman is good with qbs and he knows the game, has a lot of exp. hes as qualified as any other candidate and is a good fit for chicago.

not a bears fan, just have a soft spot for trestman for what he did in oakland. Was actually hoping he would come back as OC this year.

Trestman moved to the National Football League and coached the running backs with the Minnesota Vikings in 1985 and 1986. He became quarterbacks coach with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1987 then held the same position with the Cleveland Browns in 1988. In Cleveland he again coached Kosar and the team finished 10–6 and made the playoffs. He was promoted to offensive coordinator in 1989. That year Kosar passed for 3,533 yards and 18 TDs, wide receiver Webster Slaughter had a franchise record 1,236 receiving yards, and the Browns made it to the AFC Championship game.

In 1990, Trestman returned to Minnesota as quarterbacks coach for the Vikings. He spent two years there and then left coaching for three years.

He returned to the NFL in 1995 as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator with San Francisco, where he served in that capacity through 1996. The first year he was there the 49ers led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

Trestman joined the Detroit Lions as quarterbacks coach in 1997. That year Lion's quarterback Scott Mitchell passed for 3,484 yards, second most in team history.

In 1998 he was with the Arizona Cardinals as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. That year quarterback Jake Plummer threw for 3,737 yards, and the Cardinals made the playoffs for the first time since 1982 and won their first post season game in 51 years.

He next went to the Oakland Raiders in 2001 as the quarterbacks coach. In 2002 he was promoted to offensive coordinator and the Raiders led the NFL in total offense with 389.8 yards per game and passing yards with 279.7 per game. Under Trestman's guidance, Raiders QB Rich Gannon won the 2002 NFL MVP award as the Raiders reached Super Bowl XXXVII, losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

They are also optional.

/kidrant

I took Chris' tweet as humorous. Having kids is great, for the reasons you mentioned, and for many more.

effzee

I think about this nonstop every single day. :(
Missing out on Wilson for Foles is the worst miss the Eagles have ever had in the draft. Foles will be out of the league in a few years and Wilson will be a superstar.

Wilson + McCoy + Brown + Maclin + DJAX with the #4 pick (Joeckel) and Peters returning with Kelly coaching them would be a killer combination.

FUCK that one is going to hurt for a long time.

I don't know how to feel about this pick. I have read so much praise yet so muck skepticism back and forth that I just don't know anymore. Then he was staying at Oregon and now he isn't. He is a leader of men but he runs a gimmick offense for which he might not have a QB on the roster right now (Vick would be hurt in game 1).

But I will say this. FUCK YES NEW COACH FINALLY! And respect to Lurie for interviewing every single possible candidate under the sun to come to a sound conclusion. Every coach is a gamble and so many other factors determine success but at least from a decision making process I am just happy that they didn't rush in or go after a retread.

I think I had my heart set on Gus and I still fear who our DC will be now (PLEASE LOVIE!) but super excited to see where this goes. McCoy tweeted that he is about to be "unleashed" and at least we know one thing Kelly will run the goddamn ball.

Lots of read/zone option in our future:

The Giants face the Redskins and Eagles twice, and also have Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks and Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers on their 2013 schedule. That means they will face this newer-style fast-paced offense in which the quarterback is often a runner at least six times, including in four of their six division games.

As they de-construct the things that went wrong defensively in 2012 and try to fortify that group for 2013 you have to think the Giants will keep all of this in mind as they add personnel via free agency and the draft.

Should be fun to see what the Giants do in the draft defensively to shore up the line.

cdyhybrid

EJ would probably be the best fit. Klein cannot throw. At all.

Manuel isn't a burner like Vick or RG3, but he's more than fast enough to run when he needs to.

effzee

You guys did end up trading up one spot before the Giants to take Brandon Graham when the Giants took JPP. That was a good one too.

JPP is obviously better right now but Graham suffered injuries and now that he is finally healthy he did show he can play late this past season. Willing to give him another season to see how he pans out.

Nothing at all like Foles over Wilson.

Talon

Is Lovie Smith waiting for a HC job to open up? Surprised he hasn't been snagged as a DC yet, although it's been a long ass time.

ari

Banned
If lovie wont elect to go to a DC job after the HC jobs are gone. I hope he land HC on the college level. Would kill.

bluemax

Banned
I think a lot of people misunderstand Chip's offense. His philosophies tend to be more like what Seattle is doing with Wilson than what Washington is doing with RG3.

The QB isn't the primary runner in Chip's offense. He uses a combo of downhill, between the tackles power running and then some motion base, jet sweep perimeter plays.

Having a QB who can run is a bonus that gives him an extra weapon to work with. He's not running the single wing or the wishbone.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Am I doing Houston right?

The Elvis Presley Memorial Combo was pretty good. Made two meals out of it.

edit: Holy huge iphone pic, sorry about that!

Talon

I think a lot of people misunderstand Chip's offense. His philosophies tend to be more like what Seattle is doing with Wilson than what Washington is doing with RG3.

The QB isn't the primary runner in Chip's offense. He uses a combo of downhill, between the tackles power running and then some motion base, jet sweep perimeter plays.

Having a QB who can run is a bonus that gives him an extra weapon to work with. He's not running the single wing or the wishbone.
Right. LMJ actually was far more successful running inside than bouncing outside. They make their reads based on where the freed DT goes, not on the edge rusher.
Pete's specialty is PEDs.
FIFY

brentech

I have to guess it was Favre that told Rodgers "don't get to know the players, cause a lot of them might be gone"

Of course that would mean that they actually talked at some point.

eznark

Banned
Right. LMJ actually was far more successful running inside than bouncing outside. They make their reads based on where the freed DT goes, not on the edge rusher.

FIFY

My only concern with Kelly's offense is that it relies heavily on superior athletes. There simply isn't that same athletic gulf between teams or between offenses and defenses as there is in college. He seems pretty intelligent so I'm interested to see what he does to tweak it.

Wilson + McCoy + Brown + Maclin + DJAX with the #4 pick (Joeckel) and Peters returning with Kelly coaching them would be a killer combination.

FUCK that one is going to hurt for a long time.

I don't know how to feel about this pick. I have read so much praise yet so muck skepticism back and forth that I just don't know anymore. Then he was staying at Oregon and now he isn't. He is a leader of men but he runs a gimmick offense for which he might not have a QB on the roster right now (Vick would be hurt in game 1).

But I will say this. FUCK YES NEW COACH FINALLY! And respect to Lurie for interviewing every single possible candidate under the sun to come to a sound conclusion. Every coach is a gamble and so many other factors determine success but at least from a decision making process I am just happy that they didn't rush in or go after a retread.

I think I had my heart set on Gus and I still fear who our DC will be now (PLEASE LOVIE!) but super excited to see where this goes. McCoy tweeted that he is about to be "unleashed" and at least we know one thing Kelly will run the goddamn ball.

I really wanted Gus as well, especially after reading up on him the last few days. Lovie as Dc would be an amazing hire. I wonder if the Cards will wind up going after Lovie as HC. I am really excited to see the Eagles run the ball behind what should be a very good OL next year. McCoy and Brown should both have really good seasons. Just got to get QB sorted out and hopefully get an all new secondary. Eagles are a bad team but I think that the turn around for them could be a bit quicker then the normal terrible team. I totally agree ith you about repect for Lurie. I love having him as an owner so much.

Top Bottom