• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

:jnc Adorable.

JPP had 6.5 sacks last year even though he started 16 games
Graham had 5.5 sacks last year even though he only started 6 games and barely played at all before Washburn got bounced. I think both guys will have good careers but it i crazy to say one is definitely going to be much better then the other. Both teams also play very different defensive systems and I dont think either guy would fit on the other team.

LevelNth

Banned
Wow, there are twitter reports online Chip Kelly had been recruiting in homes as recently as two days ago. Wonder what sprung the change of heart once more?
scrooge-mcduck.jpg

Talon

JPP had 6.5 sacks last year even though he started 16 games
Graham had 5.5 sacks last year even though he only started 6 games and barely played at all before Washburn got bounced. I think both guys will have good careers but it i crazy to say one is definitely going to be much better then the other. Both teams also play very different defensive systems and I dont think either guy would fit on the other team.
Yankee, this is another Ryan Howard argument. JPP would fit on any team in this league.

Interesting story.
Erik Spanberg has a story that is sure to set off some concern in the Carolinas.

Spanberg reports that Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has mandated the team be sold within two years of his death. Richardson, 76, appeared to be in good health at a Tuesday news conference to introduce new general manager Dave Gettleman. But Richardson had a heart transplant four years ago.

The news of the mandate is the first time we’ve heard anything about Richardson’s succession plan, which has been the topic of much speculation since he fired sons Jon and Mark as team executives in 2009. Prior to that, it had always been assumed the sons eventually would own the team.

The news of the mandate comes at a time when the Panthers have been in talks with Charlotte leaders about getting funding for renovations to Bank of America Stadium. Government officials have seemed receptive toward financing improvements to a stadium that has been sold out for all but two home games in franchise history.

But the news of Richardson’s mandate adds another wrinkle. As long as Richardson is around and owns the team, I can’t see him allowing the Panthers to leave Charlotte. But all bets could be off if the team is sold.

The best way for local leaders to assure the Panthers stay in Charlotte is to include a deal in the financing that requires Richardson and any other future owner to stay put.
For those that don't know, Richardson disciplined his two kids and demoted them about four or five years ago. Seems like he doesn't trust them to keep the team - damn.

Mrbob

Nike was going to pay Kelly an absurd amount of money to stay. They wanted him to stay. I don't think it would be that. Has to be NCAA sanctions.

mr2xxx

Banned
Wouldn't be suprised if eagle draft qb and deal Vick

Vick is their best option though. All the rookies that could run the offense are projects at best. Eagles have the offense for it as long as Vick is healthy. Vick has never had a big football IQ but he shouldnt have any issues with the read option. They have two good RBs in Bryce and Mccoy that can run oregons option. While Desean and Macln are good recievers not sure if they are good blockers. Offensive line should be healthy also. A great situation for Kelley and his offense.

Dre3001

Well in other news

Gus Bradley is interviewing with the Jags today

At first I thought this was to use the Jags as leverage since he had 2 interviews with the Eagles before but since they are going with Kelly it looks like Jacksonville has a good chance now of getting Gus

JABEE

Nike was going to pay Kelly an absurd amount of money to stay. They wanted him to stay. I don't think it would be that. Has to be NCAA sanctions.

Who wouldn't want to coach the Philadelphia Eagles? hahaha

The Eagles must have rolled up and dropped a dump truck of cash on his front step.

yankeehater said:
I think both guys will have good careers but it i crazy to say one is definitely going to be much better then the other
Let me reiterate:

The other had 4 sacks in his last three games his rookie year playing spot duty, a near DPOY type of season and despite not putting up huge sack numbers this season proved a consistent disruption in the backfield and is one of the best run defense DE's in the league.

One is definitively better than the other. Period. There's absolutely nothing that Brandon Graham has done on the football field to say otherwise in the same three years of their career. Nothing.

Vick is their best option though. All the rookies that could run the offense are projects at best. Eagles have the offense for it as long as Vick is healthy. Vick has never had a big football IQ but he shouldnt have any issues with the read option. They have two good RBs in Bryce and Mccoy that can run oregons option. While Desean and Macln are good recievers not sure if they are good blockers. Offensive line should be healthy also. A great situation for Kelley and his offense.

Wouldn't Kelly's offense require a smart, quick decision maker more so than a guy with legs? I mean Brady is a statue and he runs a form of the Kelly spread at NE doesn't he?

Talon

What the worst case scenario for Oregon?
The worst case is that Willy Lyles was more than what he stated and that money can be traced from Oregon to a recruit. This is far-fetched at best, even for Oregon-haters.

Based on previous penalties, this isn't even close to the Ohio State situation, so I didn't expect a bowl ban.

But that is assuming that the NCAA is consistent at all with punishment. This a few months after they said they couldn't do anything about UNC making up classes and grades for at least 5 years (affecting two National Championship basketball teams) because it was out of their jurisdiction.

Desean cant block to save his life, but Maclin is a good blocker. I wonder if the Eagles will be looking for another TE now. Both Celek and Harbor are good pass catching TE's but neither really blocks that well.

If I was a eagles fan I would be happy and concerned at the same, because he did originally turn Down the offer and I don't think money was a factor

LevelNth

Banned
Kiper's draft board seems bizarre. Monte Ball in the first round?
They're all a little nuts so far. Breer at NFL.com is my fav so far. Niners taking Lacy 1st round! Agreed! We need to shore up that weakness we have at RB, and we need to do it yesterday.

squicken

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
In February of 2010, former USC coach Pete Carroll voluntary met with NCAA Committee on Infractions. Carroll said then he wanted to "help."

And now Kelly is in Philly. Thank rattin' and cheatin' Pete, Eagles fans

Talon

I dont know what a Ryan Howard argument is but I know the Eagles for years have drafted smaller quicker DE's. Guys like Cole and Graham.
It's when you say something that is really, pretty objectively incorrect that nobody else in the thread agrees with.

We still like you, yankee.
Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe
In February of 2010, former USC coach Pete Carroll voluntary met with NCAA Committee on Infractions. Carroll said then he wanted to "help."

And now Kelly is in Philly. Thank rattin' and cheatin' Pete, Eagles fans
That slimy son of a bitch.

Dont steal Talon;s material you clearly dont know what he is talking about either with that.
I post in the MLB thread more than you. I unfortunately do.

And I wish it was a joke.

I haven't seen a worse post since Jon kept posting that Ryan Howard is more clutch than Chase Utley years ago.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The worst case is that Willy Lyles was more than what he stated and that money can be traced from Oregon to a recruit. This is far-fetched at best, even for Oregon-haters.

Based on previous penalties, this isn't even close to the Ohio State situation, so I didn't expect a bowl ban.

But that is assuming that the NCAA is consistent at all with punishment. This a few months after they said they couldn't do anything about UNC making up classes and grades for at least 5 years (affecting two National Championship basketball teams) because it was out of their jurisdiction.

The fact that Penn State still exists as a Division 1 football program tells me that the NCAA has no balls.

It's when you say something that is really, pretty objectively incorrect that nobody else in the thread agrees with.

We still like you, yankee.

Well I like you to even if I dont agree in this case. I dont see ho you can objectively say who will have a better career. Graham got hurt his irst year and rushed back his 2nd before he was ready, but his third year his numbers stack up well for the limited time he played. Anyway the whole point was someone tried to say that picking Graham over JPP was a huge miss and I dont see how that is true at all. Lots of guys start their carers off great and then hit a wall. There is no way to know if JPP will keep up the same level of play for years to come, he already had a down year this year so who knows what the future will hold.

brentech

The sad part is, even that was a joke. Tressel covering for petty shit was the real problem, I get it, but lol. So stupid

Top Bottom