• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

You wish!!! Wildcat was one dimensional read option isn't.

You know what I miss? The halfback pass.

RonnieBrownvsNYJ%2010-12-09.jpg

squicken

Colbert had few positive things to say about a team that finished 8-8 and missed the playoffs for the first time since 2009. He was asked if the Steelers would consider using the franchise tag on an unrestricted free agent.

"Very doubtful," Colbert told Steelers Digest. "When you're 8-8, don't think we have too many franchise players."

That wasn't the only criticism of the roster.

"If we don't change a roster that produced 8-8, we'd be silly to expect a better result," Colbert said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Think he was done? Nope. Colbert was asked about the second-worst Steelers' offense since 1978.

"Indicative of the talent we had at the position," he explained, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

ESPN reported the Steelers are expected to be $10.8 million over the 2013 salary cap. What's the plan to deal with that?

"Terminations, possible extensions and reconstructions," Colbert said via the Beaver County Times.

Obvious they weren't going to franchise Wallace. They could always put the Transition Tag on him I guess

Daaaamn, just got back from having two teeth drilled to see the Chip Kelly news. I'm sure Vick is celebrating by picking out his burial plot after the rest of the NFC Least destroys him by midseason.

eznark

Banned
lol, CFL already trying to start shit.

Marc Trestman @MarcTrestman1
I just want to thank the Chicago Bears organization for picking we for the franchise's 14th Head Coach. Lets beat the pack !#BearDown

Mrbob

Listening to the Alouettes GM on Chicago sports radio, sounds like him and Trestman were also recruiting Kap a couple years back.

So Trestman had an eye for Wlson and Kap. If he can't help heal Jay, then at the very least he should be able to find a new QB.

Obvious they weren't going to franchise Wallace. They could always put the Transition Tag on him I guess

Wait, Colbert's not happy with their players? But doesn't he know not everyone in the draft can be a hall of famer or a 5 year starter?!

Anyway, I guess it says something that he's not pleased with the roster. Now, I hope he actually improves the team and isn't just talking a good game.

bionic77

He can say what he wants but we actually do have good talent on offense. I think it was a transition year with a new OC, but the potential was always there. I think what hurt us was injuries, Wallace deciding to regress and suck balls, careless mistakes, and players taking time to pick up the system. Injuries are always a wild card and the players should be experts in the system next year, but everything else can be fixed assuming we can find a replacement for Wallace. And if we can find a decent running back then our o-line could really be dominant next year. I am really excited to see what they can do with a full offseason to workout together. Then again we are pretty fucking snakebit with o-line injuries so maybe I should expect it to all fall apart by October or November and save myself from further disappointment!

Speaking of franchise guys Wallace is really not worth the money and judging on how he half assed it last year I really wonder who is going to be willing to pay him. He was always a one trick pony, and last year he dropped way too many passes. I think we should let him go and see if we can covert Sanders to be a deep threat (assuming the asshat learns how to hold on to the ball, never saw some many weird ass fumbles as from him and Cotchery last year).

The problem with the Steelers is the salaries. We are paying too much money to guys who are underperforming or are being paid based on past performance. This is most apparent in Woodley, Harrison and Polamalu. None of those guys came anywhere near performing to their contract. Woodley was pretty fucking average and Troy was not even on the field so he was a zero. Harrison was gimpy and did not live up to his K, but he was coming off a late surgery and really still gave a great effort. I really wonder if he can get his explosiveness back. I think he has at least one or two more seasons in him if he can stay healthy, but no more fucking surgeries late in the offseason. If you need it fixed get that shit done now!

I hope we can restructure Harrison and that Woodley lives up to his big money contract. No idea what to do with Troy. If we can't reduce those salaries or get more performance out of these guys especially then I don't see us doing anything next year either.

There are some obvious cuts that will save some money like Kiesel and Mendenhall. Not sure what Casey Hampton is making but we may as well cut his ass too. He is washed up.

Damn, I was about to light a stick of incense in his honor.

Any word on Abraham? If he does play will he last?

Expected to play. Haven't seen an injury report for today yet.

How effective he'll be is another matter entirely. I imagine Staley's status will be of some importance there too.

Bidwell/Fords vs Pirates/Marlins ownership in a tag team match

Say what you will about the Marlins ownership but they're no where near the worst in Sports. Got us a great new stadium and we've won two ships in the last 15 years. No where near Pirates/Cards levels. I'd nominate the Vikings, if it wasn't for Adrian Peterson they'd be so pathetic.

He can say what he wants but we actually do have good talent on offense. I think it was a transition year with a new OC, but the potential was always there. I think what hurt us was injuries, Wallace deciding to regress and suck balls, careless mistakes, and players taking time to pick up the system. Injuries are always a wild card and the players should be experts in the system next year, but everything else can be fixed assuming we can find a replacement for Wallace. And if we can find a decent running back then our o-line could really be dominant next year. I am really excited to see what they can do with a full offseason to workout together. Then again we are pretty fucking snakebit with o-line injuries so maybe I should expect it to all fall apart by October or November and save myself from further disappointment!

Speaking of franchise guys Wallace is really not worth the money and judging on how he half assed it last year I really wonder who is going to be willing to pay him. He was always a one trick pony, and last year he dropped way too many passes. I think we should let him go and see if we can covert Sanders to be a deep threat (assuming the asshat learns how to hold on to the ball, never saw some many weird ass fumbles as from him and Cotchery last year).

The problem with the Steelers is the salaries. We are paying too much money to guys who are underperforming or are being paid based on past performance. This is most apparent in Woodley, Harrison and Polamalu. None of those guys came anywhere near performing to their contract. Woodley was pretty fucking average and Troy was not even on the field so he was a zero. Harrison was gimpy and did not live up to his K, but he was coming off a late surgery and really still gave a great effort. I really wonder if he can get his explosiveness back. I think he has at least one or two more seasons in him if he can stay healthy, but no more fucking surgeries late in the offseason. If you need it fixed get that shit done now!

I hope we can restructure Harrison and that Woodley lives up to his big money contract. No idea what to do with Troy. If we can't reduce those salaries or get more performance out of these guys especially then I don't see us doing anything next year either.

There are some obvious cuts that will save some money like Kiesel and Mendenhall. Not sure what Casey Hampton is making but we may as well cut his ass too. He is washed up.

Mendenhall's a free agent, so they'll just let him walk, like Wallace. Hampton's a free agent too, though I wouldn't be surprised if they try and offer him a one year deal just for depth. Keisel's on his final year though he may be a cut, I wouldn't have a problem with it. One other guy they could cut is Colon, dude is never healthy and is expected to make 5.5 million this coming season.

Mrbob

Bears still one of the kings of the NFL. Look at all these other coaching jobs fall into place after the Bears announce their new head coach. Domino effect.

Chicagos loss on not choosing Arians is Arizonas gain.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Best linebacker in the draft. Hopefully the Lions are dumb enough to take Te'o over him.

Of course, it probably doesn't matter. The Lions need new coaching more than they need new players.

Except he has spinal injury issues. So, I guess Detroit takes him.

Top Bottom