• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

eznark

Banned
Bears still one of the kings of the NFL. Look at all these other coaching jobs fall into place after the Bears announce their new head coach. Domino effect.

Chicagos loss on not choosing Arians is Arizonas gain.

The fuck are you talking about? Not a single other team has looked at CFL as a head coach in 25 years in the business. That was no different this year. No one was waiting to see what Trestman would do because everyone forgot he existed.

Mrbob

The fuck are you talking about? Not a single other team has looked at CFL as a head coach in 25 years in the business. That was no different this year. No one was waiting to see what Trestman would do because everyone forgot he existed.

Outside the box hiring is something simple minded folk can't understand.

JABEE

I like his moxy. He called out the Packers on his first day on the job. He's got you shook.

He's saying all the other coaches wanted the Bears job and once it filled up they signed with other teams. Even if this was true it'd be because of Chicago being the second biggest city in the country. More money to be made.

Mendenhall's a free agent, so they'll just let him walk, like Wallace. Hampton's a free agent too, though I wouldn't be surprised if they try and offer him a one year deal just for depth. Keisel's on his final year though he may be a cut, I wouldn't have a problem with it. One other guy they could cut is Colon, dude is never healthy and is expected to make 5.5 million this coming season.

Yeah, I think Keisel will be the odd man out. His position is the only one the Steelers have load of depth at, and he really did not have a good 2012.

Offense is going to be a fire sale. Wallace, Mendenhall, Burress, Colon, and Starks are all goners.

Oh! That's cause I usually don't use the quote option. I copy/paste the comment, write out the BB code and type out the persons name more often than not. Force of habit...

Join us in the 21st century dude, your way takes forever.

Vio-Lence

Banned
I like his moxy. He called out the Packers on his first day on the job. He's got you shook.

Calling out the Packers is just a move to appease the ham and eggers in Chicago. Listen to the Score670 or ESPN1000 and you'll understand the mouth breather fanbase. Fuck the Packers, Bears need to focus on playoffs and getting back to the Super Bowl.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Calling out the Packers is just a move to appease the ham and eggers in Chicago. Listen to the Score670 or ESPN1000 and you'll understand the mouth breather fanbase. Fuck the Packers, Bears need to focus on playoffs and getting back to the Super Bowl.

I like the new Bears fan. He's rational!

Mrbob

^^^

Wow. WOW. That story. What a read.

Who knows if the hire will work. We don't know if any of these coaching hires will be good. However, I'm just happy the Bears have decided they want to play modern NFL offense.

Vio-Lence

Banned

i just read that, crazy if true.

Who knows if the hire will work. We don't know if any of these coaching hires will be good. However, I'm just happy the Bears have decided they want to play modern NFL offense.

I was sold on emery after his press conference on new years. What a 180 degree shift coming after years of clown shoes with Jerry Angelo, Ted Phillips, and Lovie Smith.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

DJ1o4.jpg

ari

Banned
I like the score, they always shit on the callers when they need to be called out. Lol

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
There's only two possible conclusions.

1. Manti Te'o is gay. He was covering up his sexuality with this story.

2. Manti Te'o was having sex with his grandmother. He was covering up his sexuality with this story.

JABEE

Manti Te'o was trying to become a household name like Tebow when he blew up. That's the only explanation. Everyone wants to be the next Tebow.

KingGondo

Banned
I was rooting against ND in the title game because of the crane death, the rape allegations, and the police assaults... But perpetuating a hoax for the Tom Rinaldi weepy inspirational publicity is a new low.

Unbelievable.

bionic77

Yeah, I think Keisel will be the odd man out. His position is the only one the Steelers have load of depth at, and he really did not have a good 2012.

Offense is going to be a fire sale. Wallace, Mendenhall, Burress, Colon, and Starks are all goners.

Join us in the 21st century dude, your way takes forever.
Starks was good in the past but I think he is too busted to contribute at this point.

Colon played well but yeah he is making too much money and he can't stay healthy (and previously when he was healthy he would suck ass). I wonder if Burress will be in the league next year. I did not know Mendy was a FA, I thought he had one year left. But yeah no one way are resigning him. And Wallace is going to be a bad sign by a stupid team looking for a receiver. I really am interested in what kind of money he is going to make next year. Fucker probably cost himself at least 10 million dollars by holding out and then playing like shit. If he would have come on time and put up epic angry numbers he could have gone to a team with a ton of cash looking to attract fan attention. I think that ship has sailed now.

And yeah I can't see Keisel staying. It is too bad. That beard was just so damn manly. Especially in icy or snowy conditions. We need someone on D to replace that aspect of his game.

It always seems likes once or twice a year, Deadspin puts together some of the most outstanding investigative journalism out there. When they hit, they hit it big. Still reading, but my goodness, this is crazy...

harSon

Banned
Arizona is ridiculous with their insistence on being a Steelers safety net. I thought their hard on for ex-Steelers would end with Whisenhunt.

Top Bottom