• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

Jets 1st round pick confirmed

Manti was actually dating Tim Tebow! Who cheated on him with Mark Sanchez, who licked Rex his wife her feet! CONTROVERSY!

Seriously though, how much does this mess with his draft position? Even if Notre Dame came up with all this bullshit, he happily went along with it, enjoying all the hype one man can get. Like Squiken said, drafting the kid brings a whole lot of shit on the side with it if all this is true.

Edit: I just noticed I called him a kid, I'm so old...

Talon

Man, that story is insane.

But it's also a weird journalism case because there's a certain degree of privacy you wouldn't breach, particularly as a big outlet. I'd think it below even the student paper to hunt down a player's girlfriend to ask about him.

Regardless, it's still an embarrassing failure of fact checking.

Speaking of the Jets, Bart Scott is a moron (I know, nothing new)

Jets LB Bart Scott on this week's Inside the NFL re: the coverage the Jets and Giants get:

“I didn’t like the personal attacks. A quick example now is the media following Rex down to the Bahamas. I mean, who does that?

"I can’t imagine them going out and catching (New York Giants head coach) Tom Coughlin laid out…and following him.

"We are in the same town but we are covered differently (than the Giants)."

The mind boggles.

Holy shit this is amazing. He was totally in this all along. The dude is a complete fucking sociopath.

I suddenly want this guy on the Jets (after the massive draft stock drop). Dude is the next Ray Lewis.

Uuuuh...

Now I have not seen Lewis play whilst at Miami, but from what I read, he was a whole lot better than Te'o. Te'o is slow, can't cover all that great and once he's blocked he never gets off those blocks. Don't see him dominating like Lewis.

verbum

Man, that story is insane.

But it's also a weird journalism case because there's a certain degree of privacy you wouldn't breach, particularly as a big outlet. I'd think it below even the student paper to hunt down a player's girlfriend to ask about him.

Regardless, it's still an embarrassing failure of fact checking.

My dad had some issues of SI from back in the 1950's and 1960's he saved because of the big stories, like Arnold Palmer playing the Masters and winning, the Jets over the Colts, etc. They used to have the best writing. Now I never think of SI as a quality publication. Just a swimsuit issue once a year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Uuuuh...

Now I have not seen Lewis play whilst at Miami, but from what I read, he was a whole lot better than Te'o. Te'o is slow, can't cover all that great and once he's blocked he never gets off those blocks. Don't see him dominating like Lewis.

I meant the whole psychopath part.

Dude is seriously going to be lucky to get drafted (if Deadspin is right). I'd imagine some team is going to take a late late flier on him.

Jayhawk

I could see a couple teams passing on Te'o in the draft because they wouldn't want the media circus that will ensue from this mess, but I can't see him dropping down THAT much due to talent.

Talon

My dad had some issues of SI from back in the 1950's and 1960's he saved because of the big stories, like Arnold Palmer playing the Masters and winning, the Jets over the Colts, etc. They used to have the best writing. Now I never think of SI as a quality publication. Just a swimsuit issue once a year.
The long form writing is actually still good. They can pay for the big writers.

It's just that they only have two or three of those in every issue now.

TheFatOne

Man I don't like this Te'o news. I have a bad feeling the Pats are going to draft him. What are the chances the Jets cut Tebow? I really feel like the Pats will pick him up if the Jets drop him.

why-gif-03.gif

BigAT

How can he not know about the hoax when he allegedly met her in-person and then the photos on her Twitter account were very obviously a completely different girl that he had never met? Also kind of fucked that Notre Dame knew for nearly a month and never said anything. Pretty obvious they wouldn't have were it not for the Deadspin report.

verbum

I might have to watch Inside Edition during Superbowl week.

he Associated Press
NEW YORK — The beauty pageant queen who shot to social media stardom during the BCS championship will be back in front of the cameras ahead of the NFL's title game.
Former Miss Alabama USA Katherine Webb will serve as a correspondent for "Inside Edition" leading up to next month's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
The girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, Webb became a star when ESPN's cameras lingered on her during the Crimson Tide's rout of Notre Dame on Jan. 7 and announcer Brent Musburger commented on her looks.
Webb calls the temporary job "an honor and a dream come true." She says she'll "give fans an insider's look at what goes on as the teams prepare to battle and as the fans get ready to cheer on their favorites."
CBS said Wednesday she'll start work Jan. 28.

I hope she does some poolside reporting.

images

Top Bottom