• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Conference Championship |OT| My Brother's Kaeper

brentech

How fucking weird.
I didn't know the story to begin with, so all of this is new info, but Wtf. It's some seriously weird shit.

When I was in high school, I worked at a best buy and this lady there made up a story about getting engaged and sent out invites to her wedding and all this shit. Bought herself an engagement ring and all this jazz. Week before the wedding was supposed to happen she said the dude died in a work accident. Had an obituary written and everything.

Week later we all found out it was fake. Was so God damn crazy.

How fucking weird.
I didn't know the story to begin with, so all of this is new info, but Wtf. It's some seriously weird shit.

When I was in high school, I worked at a best buy and this lady there made up a story about getting engaged and sent out invites to her wedding and all this shit. Bought herself an engagement ring and all this jazz. Week before the wedding was supposed to happen she said the dude died in a work accident. Had an obituary written and everything.

Week later we all found out it was fake. Was so God damn crazy.

How did you find out?

Wilde said:
"The way Joe Whitt sees it, the Green Bay Packers could have so many options at cornerback next season that Tramon Williams will be competing for a starting job".

Source: http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=6441&is_corp=1

House Party incoming!

XweuF.jpg

So Te'o went through college telling his teammates and classmates that he had a hot girlfriend but she lived across the country and you probably never met her?

This has got to be the first time anyone has ever fallen for this.

brentech

How did you find out?
People wanted to send flowers and such for funeral, she said it was private and got real in guard over any information of him. People had bought gifts for her wedding and there was a lot of awkwardness over that.

One of the security guards never thought any of it sounded right and went GAF detective on the whole situation. Not sure exact details of how he figured it out, but it was enough to have managers confront her. She was lower level manager as well.
I just know they brought her into hold room and she broke down crying and told the truth.

People wanted to send flowers and such for funeral, she said it was private and got real in guard over any information of him. People had bought gifts for her wedding and there was a lot of awkwardness over that.

One of the security guards never thought any of it sounded right and went GAF detective on the whole situation. Not sure exact details of how he figured it out, but it was enough to have managers confront her. She was lower level manager as well.
I just know they brought her into hold room and she broke down crying and told the truth.

Did they fire her? Don't see how anybody could take her seriously after something like that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why would you draft this guy now? I wouldn't trust someone like that to be a committed pro football player. Plus he will get clowned on by all his teammates

If he can play he can play.

League has rapists, murderers, dog killers, drunk drivers, wife beaters, etc etc.

Not sure about the if he can play part. He didn't do himself any favors in his last game obviously.

squicken

If he can play he can play.

League has rapists, murderers, dog killers, drunk drivers, wife beaters, etc etc.

Not sure about the if he can play part. He didn't do himself any favors in his last game obviously.

It's against the code to clown on a guy for a double murder, but fake girlfriends are fair game. If he's gay . . . actually with all the mic'd up stuff I doubt anyone would say anything after the first guy got suspended

It's against the code to clown on a guy for a double murder, but fake girlfriends are fair game. If he's gay . . . actually with all the mic'd up stuff I doubt anyone would say anything after the first guy got suspended

If he's gay and admits it he'll never play a down in the NFL.

brentech

Did they fire her? Don't see how anybody could take her seriously after something like that.

It's been quite a while since this happened, but I do believe they did. I think they later found out she had also been stealing some shit from the store. She apparently did everything for attention.

If you read the deadspin article, there's no way you come to the conclusion that Te'o was hoaxed when the guy who is the main perpetrator knows him.

squicken

He told the coaches on Dec 26th he was a victim of a hoax. ESPN ran like 500 sap stories on this between then and the game. NDU let them run it, and let him keep lying

BigAT

If you read the deadspin article, there's no way you come to the conclusion that Te'o was hoaxed when the guy who is the main perpetrator knows him.

The article also brings up several specific occasions where Te'o talks about meeting her (in real life). Then he's talking to her on Twitter where there are pictures of her that are a completely this random girl that he's never met? I just don't see any plausible scenario in which he wasn't involved.

Godslay

Banned
What the hell is going on with Manti Teo? Sounds crazy...

Got a new job today! Roughly a 10k raise as well. I have never had an interview that went as smoothly as this one did. Certainly knocks the depression of Saturday's loss out. I also remember Larry had a job interview. Good luck Larry.

Top Bottom