• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Of course the Cowboys win the game I don't watch.
I sorta feel like Charlie Brown.
I blame you for this Giants loss. Easier than blaming the horrible CBs, questionable lack of defensive adjustments, shitty O-Line, and Romo going Staubach in the 2nd half.
Because Bennett sucks copious amounts of ass. I nearly fell out of my chair when he got that TD. That's literally the highlight of his awful career.
It doesn't matter if it was incomplete, you give them something to think about at least. Or if they found a good matchup you run it again, anything to get them out of that set.

Fox318

People seem to need a reminder:

eli-manning-super-bowl-mvp.jpg

image.raw

tony-romo-crying-.jpg

What if the Cowboys hired Cooper?

inb4 "Fire Tom Coughlin" starts in the media.
Oh please, there are already more than a few guys who have pages written up hoping Giants slip up so they can pounce on Coughlin. Just because he gives few quotes media wants him gone, been that way for years.

LJ11 said:
JPP may be one of the best players in football already, I don't think I've seen a defensive like him before. Tremendous player.
There people on BBI complaining that he only had one tackle and was invisible in the game.

Just stunned to read that. It's like we watched two different games.

Equus Bellator Apex

I had to leave the game to work and come back to see the Cowboys beat the Giants wtf is dis shit, mayne.

Hopefully this puts an end to the "Giants get no respect storyline"

Ultratech

Watched the game while I was doing some other stuff.

Cowboys beating the Giants.... :D

This calls for only one gif:
tumblr_m22nsdJbfn1qmojsu.gif

That sweet revenge.

Eli? I mean he almost threw for 5k yards and is a pretty solid player ya kno

chuck do you have the background image? Hard to read the names
Eli has never scared me. I dunno. I acknowledge he's good, but he gets flustered when behind and makes bad decisions.

Also, lotta Cowboys fans all of a sudden.

LJ11

There people on BBI complaining that he only had one tackle and was invisible in the game.

Just stunned to read that. It's like we watched two different games.

If he was invisible how would you describe Osi's performance?

His rush up the gut resulted in the Romo pick, and 3pts. Was held a few times, one was called. Blew by Smith in the redzone, there was no contain on the other side and Romo leaked out and threw a TD. Easy sack but whatever stunt they ran didn't work and it left the Giant players bunched in the middle with no one containing. Most fans are dumb, they want instant results. He played well, what an impressive player, he's really something else.

Edit: One of the DTs picked up a sack because of JPP, dude wrecked the pocket and Romo was fucked.

Fox318

If he was invisible how would you describe Osi performance?

His rush up the gut resulted in the Romo pick, and 3pts. Was held a few times, one was called. Blew by Smith in the redzone, there was no contain on the other side and Romo leaked out and threw a TD. Easy sack but whatever stunt they ran didn't left the Giant players bunched in the middle with no one containing. Most fans are dumb, they want instant results.

Bingo.
JPP had a good night.

This might be the worst NFL season ever. Romo was setup for a classic legacy game, and instead of tossing a couple of picks and blowing things up, he actually came thru.

What is NFL-GAF meant to do for laughs if Romo doesn't fuck up?

insert Cutler pic

squicken

We had three possessions all of the second half.:jnc

Dallas had a huge game clock sucking drive with 26 penalties in the 4th quarter. The one that ended with a 1st and 30 and a TD pass where Antrel Rolle was getting his toe nails done.

Yeah and that's usually rare for a team to be able to accumulate penalties and still keep going on long drives. But you guys just couldn't get them off the field. Romo dodged like 20 sacks and apparently the slant isn't as dumb a play as Jets fans feel it is

LJ11 said:
If he was invisible how would you describe Osi's performance?

His rush up the gut resulted in the Romo pick, and 3pts. Was held a few times, one was called. Blew by Smith in the redzone, there was no contain on the other side and Romo leaked out and threw a TD. Easy sack but whatever stunt they ran didn't work and it left the Giant players bunched in the middle with no one containing. Most fans are dumb, they want instant results. He played was, what an impressive player, he's really something else.
Agreed. I was just caught off guard reading that. One guy mentioned it and then a few people agreed and I had to do a double take. Accruing sacks isn't the only measure of a quality lineman but it amazes me how stupid people get when they don't see that number appear on a stat sheet.

squicken said:
Romo dodged like 20 sacks and apparently the slant isn't as dumb a play as Jets fans feel it is
I can't blame Dallas for running it over and over again. We did NOTHING to stop it. It's like Coughlin said, it's like the defense had never seen a slant before. No one told them that they could stop giving up the inside release.

This might be the worst NFL season ever. Romo was setup for a classic legacy game, and instead of tossing a couple of picks and blowing things up, he actually came thru.

insert Cutler pic
Woaahh woaah Cutler is the truth

Ultratech

insert Cutler pic

With how Karmic Balance works, some other QB will pick up the slack.

It's simply inevitable...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Silk dress shirt + lavender tie. Romo should find a nice jacket for that and he'd be better dressed than the entirety of the NBA combined.

How's this one?
cftTR.jpg

squicken

Art Moddell gravely ill in Baltimore hospital. Curious how people react in CLE. Gotta say when that old fuck Bud Adams dies I'm gonna smile

edit: Thanks chuck. I like the switching of Colts and Rams too. Might as well get that set right

TheFrankman said:
And I hope Coughlin makes the secondary do suicides next week.
Cold tub dunk for all of them. JPP will be carrying them all on his back. He'll be doing that in most of the early games this season from looks of it anyways.:(

Eli has never scared me. I dunno. I acknowledge he's good, but he gets flustered when behind and makes bad decisions.

Also, lotta Cowboys fans all of a sudden.

i'm always here, but usually lurk (its entertaining) or talk about other teams/games. I try to not be the super cocky Cowboy fan like some gaffers have been in the past. Too many disappointments over the years to be super confident. Hopeful, but not cocky.

Top Bottom