• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Griegite

still a junior
I can only hope this season is an improvement over last season. 8-8 would please me as it marks progress for the Skins on a possible road to glory. As for picks...

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Also, very nice OP.

DMczaf

tDXQ1.png

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but...they Jets aren't in the NFC.

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

cajunator

Banned
I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but...they Jets aren't in the NFC.

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

So what if Ryan Tannehill wants to make a thread. Thats his god damned given right!

wait...... we traded A.J. Jefferson to the vikings for a 3rd round pick? Goddam what a steal, sorry viking fans.
I thought it was a 6th or 7th when I first heard we traded him, seriously Vikes da fuck? Also Barnwell saying that we are the worst team in football and the Rams are his long shot to win the division invalidates his opinion., how does he get paid to write the crap he writes.

‏@AdamSchefter
Arizona and SF each put in a waiver claim for former Dolphins LB Jamaal Westerman, who was awarded to Cardinals.

Is Westerman any good? I don't know anything about him. Anyone know the current state of his health?

I thought it was a 6th or 7th when I first heard we traded him, seriously Vikes da fuck? Also Barnwell saying that we are the worst team in football and the Rams are his long shot to win the division invalidates his opinion., how does he get paid to write the crap he writes.

I'm not sure if it was a 3rd that is just a rumor I heard, I was hoping someone here knew what the circumstances were and would correct me. It very well could be for a 6th or 7th. I even heard the Vikes and Cards may have swapped picks in addition to Jefferson.

Wes

venison crêpe
Vet reporter Tony Grossi doesn't think Trent Richardson will be ready for game 1.

No official word yet though. Shurmur said he feels optimistic trent will play.

No need to rush him back. I hope they don't cave in to pressure and play him early.

Wes

venison crêpe
Also David Sims didn't get cut.

David Sims, a UDFA Safety, picked up by the Browns. Got traded by Heckert to the Eagles for a draft pick.

I'll take picks for UDFAs every day of the week.

squicken

Jets have cut 4 of their 2012 draft picks? Unreal

Spags-Devaney drafter 26 guys over 3 years and only 10 are left. Kills you when you miss

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jets have cut 4 of their 2012 draft picks? Unreal

Spags-Devaney drafter 26 guys over 3 years and only 10 are left. Kills you when you miss

Good. I hate it when teams keep guys who can't play simply because they were draft picks. Jets, unfortunately, have done this way too often in the past.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Realistically Jets are going to have 4 rookies start at some point this year with Hill, Coples, Davis and Bush but yeah LOL JETS!

A couple 6th rounders, really who cares?

I'm just glad my team didn't draft a 32 year old QB and a running back whos knees are already done before taking a snap.

Anyone need some names for their Fantasy Football team?

30 Best Fantasy Football Team Names suggested to Matthew Berry of ESPN (comments below are from Berry, not me)

1. Brady Gaga (@andeeezy_)
2. The Book of Eli (@ben5trode)
3. Gronk If You're Horny (@chief_badarasz)
4. Weeden Start the Fire (@travis_B-evans)
5. Belicheck Yourself Before You Rex Yourself (@beardaddy)
6. Wilfork for Food (@J_Breck)
7. The World is your Royster / A Mike Goodson Production (@panpipeninja)
8. Pete Caroll-ine (Bum Bum Bum) (@allennorth)
9. My Wife Doesn't Know About This Team So Please Don't Tell Her (@deltakoz)
10. Living on a Pryor (@_chris_barnes_)
11. Moons Over My Tamme / FunkyColdFleener (codydow82)
12. McKayla's Not Impressed (@bballcoachd)
13. Luck be a Brady Tonight (@CVSE7EN)
14. Based on Push by Sapphire (@dontwikewotso)
15. You're in the 06010 (@roxybear17) -- so sue me, this one's for me.
16. Good Is the New Mediocre (@stan76hall) -- as is this one.
17. Reverse Cowgirl (@honda05)
18. Tebow Scared Me Shirtless (@thetory)
19. In the Garden of Weeden (@kpkline1605)
20. Gronky Punch (@Alex_J_Page)
21. Learning From My Vickstakes (@guytightpants) -- I may take this one for myself
22. Hakeema Matata (@TiffAPaino)
23. "RG3PO" and "ABC: Easy as RG3" (@HiggySmalls15)
24. Nancy Screw and the Party Boys (@MaizeCraze)
25. Henne Badger Don't Care (@markrounds5)
26. Teenage Newton Ninja Turtles (@Frankie_Soprano)
27. That's What She Bid (@rjmaxa)
28. Whoa Whoa Whoa, Stop the Gronk (@jasonandrewz) -- for us Stern fans.
29. Sprole'n With The Homies (@mike_cohn)
30. Off in a Corner (@cranesofdale)

Drakeon

Pickem and Survival info:

survival
id# 22344
pickem
id# 47129
pickem no confidence
id# 47133
pass is freeman for all 3

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
stafford-espn-083112.jpg

"It's my new shirt."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okNVbBAHrjo&feature=player_embedded

Football season, the best time of the year. :D Goddamn it's about time. It's Super Bowl or bust for the Lions. We've got more firepower on offense than any team in the league combined with a young defense that pounces for turnovers.

We should get off to an easy 4-0 start going into our Week 5 bye. I say 12-4 with a Super Bowl win. Matthew Stafford gets MVP and Ndamukong Suh gets Dpoty.

Drakeon

stafford-espn-083112.jpg

"It's my new shirt."

Football season, the best time of the year. :D Goddamn it's about time. It's Super Bowl or bust for the Lions. We've got more firepower on offense than any team in the league combined with a young defense that pounces for turnovers.

We should get off to an easy 4-0 start going into our Week 5 bye. I say 12-4 with a Super Bowl win. Matthew Stafford gets MVP and Ndamukong Suh gets Dpoty.

:jnc

squicken

What in the fuck are the rams doing?

Need to fire everybody in the front office.

Salas is JAG. The Rams do just fine finding decent #2 and #3 WRs. They just can't find a solid #1. Salas looked awful in preseason. For some reason he decided to bulk up and it made him slower than last year. He and Pettis were fighting for one spot and Pettis looked better

eznark

Banned
God damn I can't believe Stafford found a way to get even fatter. Bulking up to defend himself from that drunken thug maniac Suh I guess.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Well certainly more than the 49ers, thats for damn sure. Our offense is better than any in the NFL. The Patriots are starting to show their age, the Steelers have a depleted offensive line and the Aints are without their headcoach and an older Drew Brees.

Meanwhile our offense if lead by a chiseled 24 year old who last year threw for 5,000+ yards/45 td's and a receiving corps featuring Calvin Johnson, Brandon Pettigrew and Titus Young.

There is a changing of the guard coming up in the NFL and Detroit is paving the way similar to how the Patriots did in the early 2000's.

Well certainly more than the 49ers, thats for damn sure. Our offense is better than any in the NFL. The Patriots are starting to show their age, the Steelers have a depleted offensive line and the Aints are without their headcoach and an older Drew Brees.

Meanwhile our offense if lead by a chiseled 24 year old who last year threw for 5,000+ yards/45 td's and a receiving corps featuring Calvin Johnson, Brandon Pettigrew and Titus Young.

There is a changing of the guard coming up in the NFL and Detroit is paving the way similar to how the Patriots did in the early 2000's.
Chiseled out of what, lard?

lololol hilarious

and detroit has the worst defense in the NFL. you will never make it out of the wildcard round. not this year or any other until you address the issues on defense

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
God damn it, I want that shirt so bad. But Eznark says I have to be fat to get Stafford's obese head on my shirt. I will get former Freeman levels of obese if thats what it takes!

I was just thinking that. It should be on NFL.com or the Lions store asap.

Stafford is husky BTW. A lot of that meat in his neck is crucial to that impeccable arm strength.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

I agree 100% with this post.

Matt Stafford + Calvin Johnson + Brandon Pettigrew will carry my money league team to greatness this season.

lololol hilarious

and detroit has the worst defense in the NFL. you will never make it out of the wildcard round. not this year or any other until you address the issues on defense

I'm more concerned with our coaching staffs inability to deal with a firm handshake. If anything is keeping us back, its that for sure

K-19

Banned
Oh my God!
Any Given Sunday is one of the best movie of all the time. That violence, that tension, that manlyness, that beautifulness, that cruelty, that twist at the end of the movie, that photography, that score, that Al Pacino, that Jamie Fox, that Dennis Quaid, that Jim Brown, that Aaron Eckhart, that Cameron Diaz, and that Oliver Stone ... you such a genius, you such an artist ... I won't watch a football game the same way anymore. Wow ...
Get the inch guys, get the inch...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lololol hilarious

Name an offense that can hang with ours. I would say only the Packers can, and even then I would still pick ours.

And whenever you have Ndamukong Suh on your defense it's impossible to be the worst defense in the league. Our secondary is a bit weak right now, but it doesn't have to be strong when the QB has two seconds to throw before his head gets ripped off.

stafford-espn-083112.jpg

"It's my new shirt."

that's mah' quarterback

Top Bottom