• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
What's the difference between confidence and no-confidence GAF pick em leagues?

And does anyone have a fantasy football league I can get into? Still haven't registered for a league and need to in the next day or two. PM me. GAF leagues preferable.

Fox318

Ugh, is the game worth the uncanny interest I have in it? It looks great, honestly.

And I didn't know the replacement refs made their way into the Clemson-Auburn game. Cute
I just started playing but as far as open world games goes it looks great and it runs better than Saints Row 3 did on my laptop,

I should get one like you so. What are your config?

I'm running everything max except for AA and V-Sync off @ 1080p.
MSI GX660R-060US NoteBook

Intel Core i7-740QM 1.73GHz Processor - 6MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB
ATi® Radeon® HD 5870 Broadway XT Discrete Graphics Card (DDR5 1GB VRAM)
6GB DDR3 SDRAM (2GB x 3)640GB (320GB x 2) 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

squicken

And does anyone have a fantasy football league I can get into? Still haven't registered for a league and need to in the next day or two. PM me. GAF leagues preferable.

A confidence league means you assign a value to your choice. So you pick a winner, and then also choose to assign 1-16 points to indicate how confident you are in that choice. What's tabulated isn't how many picks you got right; it's how many confidence points you accumulate

Narag

Confidence league lets you assign a value to each pick (1 - max # of games that week) so if you're uncertain about a game you might give it a low value so it doesn't affect your ranking as much whereas a game you're 100% sure about would get the max value whereas the no-confidence league is straight picking wins down the list. I think I got that right.

Time to watch this Bama game, football with meaning is the best football even if it's college football.

Squicken, did you already give your opinion on the newest Patriots WR?

squicken

Time to watch this Bama game, football with meaning is the best football even if it's college football.

Squicken, did you already give your opinion on the newest Patriots WR?

Yeah last page. He was playing w/ 3rd string in preseason. Apparently McDaniels really pushed for him last year in the draft. He actually looked good for a few games and then got hurt. Came to camp heavy and slow

Fox318

I think I need to see some diagrams of the physics involved.

DtKBQl.jpeg

good god, out of no where within the span of two minutes it just started dropping golf ball sized hail from the sky where i live in utah.... it was two minutes of absolute hell and all of a sudden its calm again. going to check my cars for glass damage.....

Name an offense that can hang with ours. I would say only the Packers can, and even then I would still pick ours.

And whenever you have Ndamukong Suh on your defense it's impossible to be the worst defense in the league. Our secondary is a bit weak right now, but it doesn't have to be strong when the QB has two seconds to throw before his head gets ripped off.

having a top 10 QB and top 10 WR doesn't automatically make you the #1 offense in the league. your line sucks dick, you have no running game. good defenses can make calvin a non-factor (like the 49ers did.... quietest 100 yard game in NFL history).

we'll see though, all this is talk based on last year. maybe the lions will be the best offense in the league! i just don't see it if we're going based off of what we know from last year (which admittedly doesn't mean shit for this year)

p.s.

suh is the most overrated player in the league. complete liability against the run and is easily confused by teams that know how to take advantage of his aggressiveness

having a top 10 QB and top 10 WR doesn't automatically make you the #1 offense in the league. your line sucks dick, you have no running game. good defenses can make calvin a non-factor (like the 49ers did.... quietest 100 yard game in NFL history).

we'll see though, all this is talk based on last year. maybe the lions will be the best offense in the league! i just don't see it if we're going based off of what we know from last year (which admittedly doesn't mean shit for this year)

p.s.

suh is the most overrated player in the league. complete liability against the run and is easily confused by teams that know how to take advantage of his aggressiveness

You are better than this. Don't start making yourself loopholes in case your beloved 49ers regress this season. I don't Want this " last year doesn't mean shit" stuff. Harbaugh would be so disappointed in your mentality. He would be turning hands to dust while you are playing grab ass! Get your shit together!

Regardless, you are going to get humbled by the NFC north in the first 2 weeks of the season. HUMBLED

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Alabama is about to have as many points as USC does.

Against Michigan....not Hawaii.

USC is probably overrated.

You are better than this. Don't start making yourself loopholes in case your beloved 49ers regress this season. I don't Want this " last year doesn't mean shit" stuff. Harbaugh would be so disappointed in your mentality. He would be turning hands to dust while you are playing grab ass! Get your shit together!

Regardless, you are going to get humbled by the NFC north in the first 2 weeks of the season. HUMBLED

sorry bruh, facts are facts. our D is banged up and even when it wasn't it looked like trash in the pre-season. i will always have the memory of being an elite D for that one season!

I don't like the new depressed FMT and Bionic who are both so down on their teams, just like how I don't like the new Flacco loving Larry.

I don't like change.

Drakeon

Name an offense that can hang with ours. I would say only the Packers can, and even then I would still pick ours.

And whenever you have Ndamukong Suh on your defense it's impossible to be the worst defense in the league. Our secondary is a bit weak right now, but it doesn't have to be strong when the QB has two seconds to throw before his head gets ripped off.

Why are you excluding the Saints? They at least have a running game, unlike the Packers or the Lions. What changed about their offense that makes you think they wouldn't shit all over you again just like in the playoffs last year?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
not as overrated as LSU.
I love the Tigers, but truth is truth.

I'm already penciling in a loss against Alabama for Arkansas.

Arkansas-LSU is always a good game and will probably determine the other BCS SEC team.

The national championship is Nick Saban and Alabama's to lose for the next few years (barring a major scandal that every major program seems to get involved with)

USC is legit

Michigan is just overrated,like all Big 10 schools

USC will be really good this year but putting them above Alabama is the kind of overhype I'd expect from someone like ESPN.

I don't like the new depressed FMT and Bionic who are both so down on their teams, just like how I don't like the new Flacco loving Larry.

I don't like change.
Lets just pray to god larry never takes a shit that somehow resembles Flacco, he will surely post it here and put it on ebay.

bionic77

I don't like change.
I bet you like depressed bionic better than post SB victory bionic (very similar to post thanksgiving dinner and post coitus bionic).

Bad news for you is that you might see both this season! The Steelers are 2 years from being great so that means we will probably win it all in today's bizarro NFL!

bionic77

Lets just pray to god larry never takes a shit that somehow resembles Flacco, he will surely post it here and put it on ebay.
Don't all shits resemble Flacco, the Cards, Tom Brady and Michael Jordan? Or am I being racist in assuming everything that is shit looks alike?

DMczaf

DM welcome to the MBA family!

I have the same computer. My favorite laptop ever.

I returned it and got a 64GB iPad instead.

Hogan-Turn-400x300.jpg

It was a great laptop though, but I just wanted something that was even more mobile than a Macbook Air right now.

When I go hunting for a laptop again, it's going to be a Macbook Air.

Top Bottom