• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

sup NFL GAF I haven't been paying any attention to football at all in the off season... How are the Chargers looking this year?

K-19

Banned
Any Given Sunday is one of the most undervalued movie of all the times. Nobody love Oliver Stone, poor Oliver Stone. Then you'll tell me that Remember the Titans sucks too?

UberTag

Arian Foster dropped into my lap at number five in my fantasy league and I immediately renamed my team to "Foster the People".
You were given a gift. Is your league set up with some crazy ruleset that caused him to fall so far (i.e. start 2 QBs, start only 1 RB, TEs get 1.5 points per reception, 6 points for passing TDs, etc.)?

BigAT

Looks like MJD blinked first.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Here we go: MJD returning to Jaguars today. Carry on.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Blah there goes my plan of starting Rashad Jennings week 1. Screw you MJD!

Hilarious to see him cave. Good for the Jaguars for not conceding to his attempted extortion.

UberTag

And my league's auction draft is just about to start. Let's get MJD cheap before this news gets widely circulated.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Name an offense that can hang with ours. I would say only the Packers can, and even then I would still pick ours.

And whenever you have Ndamukong Suh on your defense it's impossible to be the worst defense in the league. Our secondary is a bit weak right now, but it doesn't have to be strong when the QB has two seconds to throw before his head gets ripped off.

you're not even the best offense in your division, let alone the NFC.

Giants, Packers, Saints, Patriots and Texans all have offenses that can "hang" with the lions. Also its hardly an offense when you just have stafford through jump balls to megatron.

effzee

I would still stay away from MJD in FF unless of course he falls to you a bit later. Chris Johnson was garbage last year after he came back.

The GAF league I am in is drafting today. I am seriously thinking of drafting almost identical to the only other league I am in.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I would still stay away from MJD in FF unless of course he falls to you a bit later. Chris Johnson was garbage last year after he came back.

The GAF league I am in is drafting today. I am seriously thinking of drafting almost identical to the only other league I am in.

CJ was a fat out of shape slob when he came back.

I doubt MJD is going to be the same way. But I'd still avoid him because I think the Jags are trying to trade him and they are going to reduce his workload just to try to avoid injury.

effzee

I don't understand how fans of teams who consistently make the playoffs can get depressed.

Depressed might be the wrong word. But upset? Disappointed? Not as enthusiastic? Hell yeah.

I have always said if this Reid's first, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or even 5th season and we were taking steps towards the right goal (SB) I wouldn't complain. And that is actually what happened from 99-04. I had individual complaints and reason why we lost but I wasn't at the point where I wanted Reid gone.

But 14 years later with the same failures over and over? Making the playoffs isn't enough especially after 2-3 franchise QBs (LOL KOLB), complete upheaval of the roster two times over, and still failing to fix the same coaching issues.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I have returned.

Cam Newton is to be the greatest quarterback of all time.

And he has my sword.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
you're not even the best offense in your division, let alone the NFC.

Giants, Packers, Saints, Patriots and Texans all have offenses that can "hang" with the lions. Also its hardly an offense when you just have stafford through jump balls to megatron.

Let me preface this by saying that I also agree the Lions don't have the best offense in the conference.

That said, your statement is asinine. Try watching an actual Lions game.

h3ro

I have returned.

Cam Newton is to be the greatest quarterback of all time.

And he has my sword.

you ain't about this life

ue0ko.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Have Lions fans forgot about the Madden curse?

Seriously. You guys done fucked up voting a Lion on the cover.
I hope Brees never gets on that wretched game cover again. At least he wasnt injured more than tweaking his ankle, but it affected him enough that next season to throw a career high pick total.

Bowser

Panthers sign DT Dwan Edwards, waive DT Terrell McClain. McClain was a 2011 3rd round pick. I'm a little shocked they gave up on him so quickly and also shocked that he was cut rather than say, oh, Jimmy Clausen or Armanti Edwards...

Doorman

Seriously. You guys done fucked up voting a Lion on the cover.
I hope Brees never gets on that wretched game cover again. At least he wasnt injured more than tweaking his ankle, but it affected him enough that next season to throw a career high pick total.

Why are you assuming it was Lions fans that voted for him? I've held this stance even during the Madden voting season this year. I think Peyton Hillis wound up on the cover because no other team at the time wanted to see their star player get cursed. This year, fans have decided to try and weaponize the curse, and aimed it at one of the league's most dangerous targets. I certainly didn't want him on the cover, doubly so given the wonk-ass picture they went with for it.

I'm no expert on curses, but would it still count if people are now knowingly trying to manipulate the curse for personal gain?

cajunator

Banned
Why are you assuming it was Lions fans that voted for him? I've held this stance even during the Madden voting season this year. I think Peyton Hillis wound up on the cover because no other team at the time wanted to see their star player get cursed. This year, fans have decided to try and weaponize the curse, and aimed it at one of the league's most dangerous targets. I certainly didn't want him on the cover, doubly so given the wonk-ass picture they went with for it.

I'm no expert on curses, but would it still count if people are now knowingly trying to manipulate the curse for personal gain?

Don't ask me. I'm from Louisiana. We know nothing of curses or spells.

WedgeX

Banned

There must be a Hitchcock movie on this subject.

As an expert on curses,yes.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Straggler's draft in 90 minutes. I'm going to set the draft order now. And keep resetting it until I'm not picking last. I'm sick of picking last!

EDIT: Frenchie is #1, I'm #5!

cajunator

Banned
Saints released Jonathan Amaya and signed some other safety off a practice squad.
Amaya wasnt special or anything, but I wonder what the Saints saw in this Bush guy to sign him a day after the cutdown to 53.

Top Bottom