• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Since it's the cool thing to do here's my 14 team money league.
Has a superflex( Rb/TE/Wr/Qb) pretty much a two Qb league

Drew Brees, jay Cutler, Hakeem the Dream, D Thomas, Jimmer Graham, Hillis, Benson, Steve smith stl, Ryan Williams, mikel, royster, Bills D (jets first week hehe), Alex henry, Kyle Rudolph, Timmy Tebow, David Wilson ......think that's about it
All Tds are 6 points, plus tons of bonus points for passing/rushing/Rec etc

jakncoke

Banned
My leagues are open to all races/religions/sexes. I'm an equal opportunity kind of commissioner. (Don't tell the German.)

EDIT:
This is for FMT.

HANDY.gif

have fun with him drafting 4 defenses and 2 kickers :p

Greg

My leagues are open to all races/religions/sexes. I'm an equal opportunity kind of commissioner. (Don't tell the German.)
I have nothing against that, but it honestly seemed like he was just fucking around in our draft which is why he was removed. Picked 4 defenses, didn't take the advice we were offering, and then followed it up by saying he didn't feel like playing and probably wasn't going to have time to play during the season anyways. We were like 12 rounds into the draft at that point.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
where am I, chuck? (1.21)

1. TheFrenchies
2. Brinbe
3. effzee
4. Ænima's Enemas
5. ME
6. Locker2SB
7. SanchezHogDogXpress
8. 1.21 JJWatts
9. The Llamas of Wedge
10. Newton Ninja Turtles
11. Salt Generator 3000
12. Foles Future

Great name, btw.

Bowser

Um, is the draft room open yet? I don't see a "Join Draft" button anywhere on the Yahoo! page (so used to ESPN leagues)

UberTag

I'm very excited for my last draft tonight, first time doing a 16
16-team drafts are somewhat daunting the first time around. Especially if you're near either end of the snake.
An entire position tier can get snapped up from one pick to the next so you'd better be flexible about what positions you want to focus on and where you can make up ground later with depth.

Going through mock drafts of a league that size never hurts to give you a sense of just what type of talent plateaus you can expect.

Ænima

Fuck something unexpected came up and now I am going to miss the straggler's draft. I will have to kick your asses with whatever shit yahoo deals me.

jakncoke

Banned
I did a 20 team once with like huge rosters. Nothing more annoying than spending the final 8 rounds drafting people who's talent was left running down their moms ass back in the day.

16-team drafts are somewhat daunting the first time around. Especially if you're near either end of the snake.
An entire position tier can get snapped up from one pick to the next so you'd better be flexible about what positions you want to focus on and where you can make up ground later with depth.

Going through mock drafts of a league that size never hurts to give you a sense of just what type of talent plateaus you can expect.
I've been trying to mock all summer, got the first pick. Taking Rodgers first 6 point Tds

UberTag

I've been trying to mock all summer, got the first pick. Taking Rodgers first 6 point Tds
That's the smartest pick you could have made.
It's also the easiest one.

Trying to cover depth when you have to wait a full 30 picks before you can grab another two players won't be easy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I did a 20 team once with like huge rosters. Nothing more annoying than spending the final 8 rounds drafting people who's talent was left running down their moms ass back in the day.

Was this before bye weeks? Or did everyone just eat a zero when their qb was on a bye?

Some of you try to hard to become someone big on here. It irritates me.

You got that :jnc guy in the nfl thread, and the one user who slaps on "PEACE" after every post, then Alligatorjandro who can't think of anything clever whatsoever so he just posts "yup" or one word responses to said thread.
Which one of you is windowlurker?

That's the smartest pick you could have made.
It's also the easiest one.

Trying to cover depth when you have to wait a full 30 picks before you can grab another two players won't be easy.
Yeah I've pretty much decided in want to go Wr and Rb after Rodgers. Hoping to land Lloyd and the best Rb I like maybe McGahee

jakncoke

Banned
Was this before bye weeks? Or did everyone just eat a zero when their qb was on a bye?

it was a long time ago. but it was a dog eat dog type of draft. if you werent smart enough to get a backup then you drafted a back up you thought could get a start. it was brutal. i think it flopped if i remember cause most teams turned into shit because how do you even plan for such a draft ?

RBH

Despite reducing ticket prices, spending in free agency and adopting the league's new 85-percent rule for TV blackouts, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers still are not close to selling out their Sept. 9 season opener against the Carolina Panthers.

Bucs spokesman Jonathan Grella said Friday the team still must sell about 9,000 non-premium seats in Raymond James Stdium before 1 p.m. next Friday to ensure a lifting of the local TV blackout.

The Bucs are one of at least three NFL teams so far to adopt the new 85-percent rule, which allows the local TV blackout to be lifted if 85 percent of non-premium tickets are sold by 72 hours before kickoff. The Oakland Raiders and Miami Dolphins are the other teams to adopt the new standard.

The Bucs have also reduced season ticket prices and introduced flexible payment plans to try and boost season ticket purchases and they spent more than $150 million on free agents during the offseason.

The team also has been promoting a special celebration of veteran defensive back Ronde Barber's 200th straight NFL start in the opener against Carolina that includes free parking in some areas and half-priced concessions except beer.

The work the Bucs organization has put in to making its product more amenable to fans has not paid off the way the team hoped, however, as it faces the possibility of local TV blackouts for a third consecutive season.

Five of the team's seven home game played at RJS last season (one "home" game was played in London) were blacked out locally after all eight home games were blacked out in 2010.
http://www2.tbo.com/sports/breaking...cy-bucs-still-in-danger-of-tv-blac-ar-479946/

cajunator

Banned
I played fantasy football (no money involved) one season and ended up getting to the playoff part but didnt win overall. It wasnt fun enough to continue really.

Top Bottom