• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Romo is gonna shred that Giants D. I heard Miles Austin has been working hard all summer at not losing the ball in the lights so Giants have no chance.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Romo is gonna shred that Giants D. I heard Miles Austin has been working hard all summer at not losing the ball in the lights so Giants have no chance.

woodchuck alt? I didn't know you were Russian. MINDBLOWN

-keep your dirty Anzhi away from my boy.

--yeah I was joking i know you're a zenit fan from the football thread.

Is Jordy nelson the real deal? Just drafting him unexpectedly because he fell
Jennings takes the #1 CB and usually a safety, opening things up for Nelson or Finley.

I think Benson will get the ball in the redzone so I'm expecting Nelson's numbers to drop a little bit this year.
I'd guess he'll be good for 12 TDs and a good hunk of yards.

brentech

Is Jordy nelson the real deal? Just drafting him unexpectedly because he fell

I honestly think he has the talent to be a 1 or 2 on most teams in the NFL. He makes the catches he should and even some he shouldn't. Good body control and awareness...excellent YAC

Rodgers usually finds him on the field, but the reality is that you never know what receiver is going to be his target of the day, although he usually spreads it around decently well.

Accept your lot aboard the loserbro bandwagon. Are you even old enough to have seen a cowboys super bowl win?

Those were dark days...

I would have been old enough but I didn't follow football back then. I was there for the Dave Campo/Quincy Carter era though. Now those were truly some dark days.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I would have been old enough but I didn't follow football back then. I was there for the Dave Campo/Quincy Carter era though. Now those were truly some dark days.

The cowboys made my life miserable every january, that's why I hate them.

---haha yeah. I think we play you guys this year. You're gonna smoke us so pencil that in as a W.

squicken

Really have no idea what Fisher is doing. There are now more Fisher picks on the Rams roster than Spags picks. They just cut the presumptive RG. Whatever line they go with will have never been on the field together. Lions should be -30

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NFL 2012 Predictions -

In order of predicted finish, * denotes wildcard and I will make a snide coaching prediction for each division.

AFC EAST - Pats, Bills*, Jets, Dolphins - 3 head coaches will deserve to be fired, none will be.
AFC NORTH - Steelers, Ravens*, Bengals, Browns - Harbro v.1 will ascend to a higher plane after looking into Mr. Epps' shiny sunglasses.
AFC SOUTH - Texans, Colts, Titans, Jags - Kubiak will extend his Texans' career by 8 years for making the playoffs an amazing twice in a row.
AFC WEST - Chargers, Broncos, Chefs, Raiders - Peyton Manning will be the defacto Broncos head coach by week 4.

NFC EAST - Eagles, Los Gigantes*, Cowboys, Redskins - Shanahan will finally be denounced as the fraud he is.
NFC NORTH - Packers, Bears*, Lions, Vikings - Schwartz will have to be carted from the field when Suh accidentally shakes his hand while losing his balance.
NFC SOUTH - Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Yucs - Fearing for his carreer after the Saints start 7-0, Sean Payton secretly gives away his schemes to Schiano. Schiano promptly faints from squiggly line overload.
NFC WEST - Seachickens, 49ers, Cardinals, Rams - At this time next year, 3, possibly 4, teams in this division will have ex-Pac-10 head coaches.

SB - Steelers 38, Russelin's 10

squicken

I guess everyone loves Russel but he has no WRs and Lynch is massively overrated. If officials call all the defensive holding they do they'll give up 100 pts a game

Is that a Vick or Foles led Eagles beating out the Giants?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I guess everyone loves Russel but he has no WRs and Lynch is massively overrated. If officials call all the defensive holding they do they'll give up 100 pts a game

Is that a Vick or Foles led Eagles beating out the Giants?

I don't understand why you are so salty about the Seahawks secondary.

Trent Edwards.

cashman

Banned
Accept your lot aboard the loserbro bandwagon. Are you even old enough to have seen a cowboys super bowl win?

Those were dark days...

My first Cowboys memory was Irvin getting that career ending injury, and then the next thing I remember was Randy Moss torching the Cowboys in the playoffs.

squicken

I don't understand why you are so salty about the Seahawks secondary.

Trent Edwards.

b/c they cheat. Just like the 49ers with their "shifting" but the NFL cracked down on that. I know Steelers fans have guilt in their hearts over that bogus SB but that's got fuck all to do with the present

I mean his mom named him Cheatin' Pete! She knew what she was raising

AFC South will be the surprise division

1. For sure

2. Change your avatar back to something with a gator. Or are you already worried about losing to the Aggies?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I'll agree that Pete's really good at cheating. He was funneling money to football players through government agencies. That's impressive.

Vyer

It would be funny if the Texans sucked since Texans-gaf is so huge.

Texans GAF is huge? I always thought Packers GAF, Giants GAF and Steelers GAF were the big numbers around here.

Also, Texans have sucked every year but 1. It's not like we wouldn't be used to it.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Isn't Texans-gaf under ten people?

Man I remember last year there was a bunch of texans posts. Aren't you the only colts fan?

How's luck doing? I really havn't watched much preseason football since soccer kicked off this month.

----oh yeah that Luke guy is funny. I love how he is always hostile to squicken. haha

Narag

Man I remember last year there was a bunch of texans posts. Aren't you the only colts fan?

How's luck doing? I really havn't watched much preseason football since soccer kicked off this month.

He's looked good in the preseason games he's played. The rest of the offense needs to catch up to him though.

No, there are other Colts fans like LukeSmith, squicken, and some other names I can't remember!

Texans GAF is huge? I always thought Packers GAF, Giants GAF and Steelers GAF were the big numbers around here.

Also, Texans have sucked every year but 1. It's not like we wouldn't be used to it.

The way Mech talks, you guys are god damned world beaters. I almost believe it myself

squicken

He's looked good in the preseason games he's played. The rest of the offense needs to catch up to him though.

No, there are other Colts fans like LukeSmith, squicken, and some other names I can't remember!

Thanks bro! Gonna be a great year. I keep listening to podcast and reading predictions and people keep penciling us in for 4 wins lol. Gonna shock the league

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Im thinking playoffs for the Chiefs... 10-6 if we stay fully healthy. i am scared for Eric Berry though... our defense will be good but we need him to be 110 percent to have the defense we need to make the playoffs...

Havent watched much of our preseason but I feel this is our year to make a little noise.

Weds needs to hurry the hell up

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
image.php

tumblr_lwg5nqw2ta1qzjix8.gif

Follow up my post from earlier heres my 16 league team

Qb Rodgers
Rb Trich
Rb McGahee
Wr jordy
Wr lloyd
Wr mike Williams