• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

I have a backup plan if either of those happen involving a sleeper who wasn't drafted by anyone. Andre hasn't had a healthy season in awhile so I think he's due for one this year.

Either way, Titus Young is going to have a 10 TD+ season.

Certainly hope Andre stays healthy (Texans fan).

cashman

Banned
I'm not doing fantasy this year, but this is what I was working with at running back last year:

LeSean McCoy
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson

I had Demarco Murray early on in the year, but then I dropped him for:

Darren Sproles

I came in 3rd :/

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I second this. It's the scum on a bottom of a restaurant's dumpster, after they've been in business for 10 years.

If there's a way to have negative redeemable value, then Due Date finds it.

had due date on my dvr for months but i deleted it because i needed space for my hustler movies. Good to see i made the right choice.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Counter argument: Matt Cassel

I think it's the Broncos' division to lose. After that, it's SD. Chiefs and Raiders vying for third place bragging rights.

Hope I'm wrong, though!

True.. .I hate Cassel and was so happy to have Orton in last year.. but this year.. I think with a healthy Offense and the Rhino there to pound opposite Charles. we may have a competent running threat. its going to be a a toss up in our division and I just think whoever sucks less will take it. even with manning moping around denver

Rorschach

True.. .I hate Cassel and was so happy to have Orton in last year.. but this year.. I think with a healthy Offense and the Rhino there to pound opposite Charles. we may have a competent running threat. its going to be a a toss up in our division and I just think whoever sucks less will take it. even with manning moping around denver

You're right: if there's a toss-up division, the AFC West is it. I can't sleep on Pey, though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
lol where did all the raiders fans come from? I hate the raiders because I had to wear raiders gear in elementary school in socal or id get beat up:(

NawidA

Banned
lol where did all the raiders fans come from? I hate the raiders because I had to wear raiders gear in elementary school in socal or id get beat up:(
Raiders fans were only doing that to save you. If you wore red, you would get shot. If you wore blue, you would get shot. If you wore green or purple you would get shot. If you wore orange or yellow, you would get laughed at.

But wear silver and black and you remove the target off your back.

You're welcome.

Rorschach

Excuse my friend. He meant jump... out of a cake! A welcome cake to welcome you to the thread!

After week 1 when his spirits are down because the 9ers suck.

Narag

Excuse my friend. He meant jump... out of a cake! A welcome cake to welcome you to the thread!

After week 1 when his spirits are down because the 9ers suck.

He's a Falcons fan, isn't he? No need to wait that long for dampened spirits.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
the only disappointing thing about the 49ers will be alex smith throwing for 6000 yards and then getting a big enough contract to get hand implants

I typed "Alex Smith small penis" into Google images and a sexy pic of Ndamukong Suh came up on page 1. What could be the meaning behind that?

A sign of things to come for the Niners on Week 2?

I typed "Alex Smith small penis" into Google images and a sexy pic of Ndamukong Suh came up on page 1. What could be the meaning behind that?

A sign of things to come for the Niners on Week 2?

probably because alex smith raped the lions last year and suh is on the lions team that got raped and did nothing about it??

are the niners and lions playing this season? i want to see harbaugh beat up on schwartz

yes, week 2. and harbs doesn't need to beat him up. i don't even think he knows who jim schwartz is to be honest. all he remembers from the post-game is that he gave someone a firm handshake after the game and the next thing he knew some under 5 foot person was trying to climb his back and he said can someone get this fucking kid off the field? jesus christ

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
probably because alex smith raped the lions last year and suh is on the lions team that got raped and did nothing about it??

Suh was getting double teamed as he usually is, and creating plays for his teammates.

Either way it's a new season and the Lions are going to destory the Niners Week 2 on national television. How about we put some money on it?

Rorschach

yes, week 2. and harbs doesn't need to beat him up. i don't even think he knows who jim schwartz is to be honest. all he remembers from the post-game is that he gave someone a firm handshake after the game and the next thing he knew some under 5 foot person was trying to climb his back and he said can someone get this fucking kid off the field? jesus christ

ahaha

Suh was getting double teamed as he usually is, and creating plays for his teammates.

Either way it's a new season and the Lions are going to destory the Niners Week 2 on national television. How about we put some money on it?

lol! suh played fucking horrible in that game and we didn't have to double team him at all. he was so confused that at times he would just stand there after the ball was snapped because he had no idea if it was a run or a pass and didn't know what to do. then he got mauled on the goalline by anthony davis.

as i said yesterday, suh is one of the most overrated players in the league on one of the worst defenses in the league

:jnc

I wish the Niners well in their Week 2 decimation of the Detroit Kittens.

I wonder which player will be the one to inflict the Madden Curse upon Megatron?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
as i said yesterday, suh is one of the most overrated players in the league on one of the worst defenses in the league

Bull. Detroit's defense had more defensive touchdowns than any other defense in the league, and ranked near the top in INT's and sack's.

All of that is due to Suh probably the only defensive player in the NFL who has opposing offenses plan around him. In this day and age where NFL defenses are getting hampered due to rule changes and playbook changes, Suh is one of the few defensive players who alters the game.

I said it when I saw him play against Texas in college, and I would say the same if he were a 49er. He is stronger than the strongest DT's and as fast as the fastest DE's. A defensive lineman of his calibur comes around once in a generation ala Reggie White.

The two games where he was unjustly suspended showed how different and weak our pass rush, and defense as a whole would be without him.

Bull. Detroit's defense had more defensive touchdowns than any other defense in the league, and ranked near the top in INT's and sack's.

All of that is due to Suh probably the only defensive player in the NFL who has opposing offenses plan around him. In this day and age where NFL defenses are getting hampered due to rule changes and playbook changes, Suh is one of the few defensive players who alters the game.

I said it when I saw him play against Texas in college, and I would say the same if he were a 49er. He is stronger than the strongest DT's and as fast as the fastest DE's. A defensive lineman of his calibur comes around once in a generation ala Reggie White.

The two games where he was unjustly suspended showed how different and weak our pass rush, and defense as a whole would be without him.

lions 22nd against the pass, 23rd against the run, 23rd in points allowed. most of your picks were because of tony romo anyways

and i'm not a reggie white fan because he was a racist scumbag but dont compare suh to any hall of famer. reggie white would have never let a fucking backup QB pass for 700 yards and 7 TD's or whatever matt flynn did to you guys

and as for suh against the niners, i remember him talking shit leading up to the game saying RABBLE IF U DONT DO YOUR JOB IMMA HIT YOUR QB!

so what did we do? ran right at him all game long! gore had over 100 yards and take a look at this great statline for suh in that game:

2 assisted tackles, 0 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 qb pressures, 0 stomps

what an incredible prodigy

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lol suh and reggie white should never be mentioned in the same breath

Suh has only been in the league for two years. He has the God-given talent and physical ability to surpass the great Reggie White.

Players like Suh come around once every 10-20 years. Just sit back and appreciate his talent, regardless of what team he plays for. Luckily for Lion fans he plays on our team.

"I think concussions are really important, but I don’t think if you look back at any of my hits, there’s nothing in the hit that would cause concussions. Maybe whiplash. That’s not because of me, that’s because somebody doesn’t know how to take a hit. I’m not doing helmet-to-helmet hits. I might hit somebody under their chin because I hit them in their chest and I rise up, because that’s how we were taught to play football."

-Ndamukong Suh

<3

Suh has only been in the league for two years. He has the God-given talent and physical ability to surpass the great Reggie White.

Players like Suh come around once every 10-20 years. Just sit back and appreciate his talent, regardless of what team he plays for. Luckily for Lion fans he plays on our team.

-Ndamukong Suh

<3

suh isn't even the best lineman in his division, let alone the NFC, let alone the NFL, let alone a once-in-a-decade player. suh is an elite stomper though. the only person in NFL history that could compete with him is albert haynesworth

He has the God-given talent and physical ability to surpass the great Reggie White.
8PyMkFe.gif

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
lions 22nd against the pass, 23rd against the run, 23rd in points allowed. most of your picks were because of tony romo anyways

and i'm not a reggie white fan because he was a racist scumbag but dont compare suh to any hall of famer. reggie white would have never let a fucking backup QB pass for 700 yards and 7 TD's or whatever matt flynn did to you guys

and as for suh against the niners, i remember him talking shit leading up to the game saying RABBLE IF U DONT DO YOUR JOB IMMA HIT YOUR QB!

so what did we do? ran right at him all game long! gore had over 100 yards and take a look at this great statline for suh in that game:

2 assisted tackles, 0 solo tackles, 0 sacks, 0 qb pressures, 0 stomps

what an incredible prodigy

1.) You shouldn't read into a defensive tackles statline like you would a MLB. Suh's job, or any DT's, is to create opportunities for the rest of the defense. He is a hybrid DE/DT though and this year you'll see him lined up at DE more. Last year he played almost exclusively Left DT.

2.) I'll admit Suh had his weakest game of the year against the 49ers. That was due to the 49ers running a ton of draw plays with Frank Gore, and quick slant passes with Alex Smith. It was a hell of a game and the first time the Lions had faced a playbook like that. They will be ready this time I can guarantee you.

Gunther Cunnigham our DC, is changing our defensive playbook a bit to give Suh more snaps at defensive end. And the 4 man rush had our DE's lined up way on the outside making us more vunerable to draw plays. That will be cut down this year.

http://www.thedetroitsportssite.com...-to-make-detroit-lions’-defense-scarier/18182

Top Bottom