• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
390-jets-0909.jpg

Spinluck

I know this is late, don't shoot me GAF, but look what I dug up.

Manning's first start: 302 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT.

Luck's first start: 309 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT

Oh sheet.

The Bears ended up looking really great today. They pummeled a bad Colts team, but that's what good teams should do.

Jay looked amazing. Sure he had the shaky start with a pick six, but he got his shit together quickly. The way he tore apart the Colts defense was awe inspiring. That rainbow touchdown he threw to Jeffrey was a thing of beauty, as was that back shoulder he sent B-Marsh's way.

After years of watching Jay throw to a bunch of scrubs, it's great to see him work with a real receiving corps. Marshall is even better than advertised. Jeffrey is extremely promising. Earl continues to be a dependable third down guy. These guys are going to wreck some secondaries this year.

The defense did what they had to do. They got into Luck's face and constantly delivered pressure. The Colts' running game was practically nonexistent. Once the team was up by twenty, they backed off and allowed Luck to do his best Drew Brees impression by padding his stats. Overall they did a great job welcoming Luck to the NFL.

Next week will be a real test. The Packers might be mediocre, but it's still a division game. Hopefully the Bears can stomp them just like the 49ers did today.

Go Bears!

jakncoke

Banned
This thread is the biggest opening thread and we still have 3 games to go. Interesting to see nfl-age threads still growing despite being in the ghetto

Spacebar

Just got back from the eagles browns game. What an ugly ass game, but overall I had a good time. Anyone have a gif of that hit Trent Richardson had on Coleman?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
49ers and Cowboys look to be the best NFC teams so far

I don't see how anybody can make any statement like this after week 1.

The Packers' defense was horrendous, as was the Giants'. It could be a one-week aberration for all we know.

Are we sure that the refs should not have given the Seahawks a timeout? It does seem wherever I look that if the clock is stopped within the two minute warning(say by an incompletion), then a timeout is not charged for an injury.

I'm really curious because it doesn't make sense to charge a timeout if the clock is stopped, it defeats the purpose.

Kiryu

Dude even if the Seahawks had won it still would have been a very lucky win.

Seahawks blew it, get over it.
Baldwin's Injured catch blew it. That's what I believe so.

It's good game but.. oh well Cardinals took lucky win.

Let them congratulate for 1 close win but they're going to stuck with Kevin Kolb for a while...

Top Bottom