• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

RBH

ibqpNfOwqhxVsK.png

ibglmTJTiaQy9g.png

ibotr86PReT0kq.png

iWrNm60govkPU.png

ibiBowBhOBPEbt.png

iKGKe77qIF1EQ.png

iraitT4mZg4EX.png

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/st...rts-reveal-their-super-bowl-xlvii-predictions
http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/story/_/id/8295463/espn-experts-nfl-predictions-2012

cashman

Banned
holy shit at the stupidity of the espn list. The only person who's predictions make at least a little bit of sense is Jamison Hensley

What's the fun in that?

And as FMT has said on multiple occasions we have nothing to worry about in the run game anyway since Gore is a shell of his former self. A 9ers win will have to rest in the hands of Alexander Douglas Smith

alex-smith-caddy.jpg%3Fw%3D362%26h%3D490

You have a lot to worry about with our run game, but not with gore

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Finally watched a bit of the USC game. The thing about Barkley is, even though the Rams need a QB, if I could draft one guy on that team, it would be Marqise Lee. I kind of think Barkely is a good QB who is in perhaps the best situation any college QB has ever been in terms of surrounding talent

Barkley, same as Sanchez, same as Leinart, same as Palmer, same as Rob Johnson, same as Todd Marinovich, same as Rodney Peete, same as Sean Salisbury. The list is long and undistinguished. Decent quarterbacks propped up by being on a stacked team.

squicken

Column surveying 20 NFL personnel men on various questions

8. If you were starting a franchise tomorrow, which player would you choose?

Aaron Rodgers (10 votes)
Andrew Luck (7)
Cam Newton (3)

Rodgers is the oldest of these three quarterbacks, but he is just entering his prime and should have several more seasons of elite production ahead of him. Luck and Newton are two of the most exciting young signal-callers to enter the NFL in the last decade.

15. Five years from now, who will be the best offensive player?

Andrew Luck (13 votes)
Cam Newton (4)
A.J. Green, Trent Richardson, Aaron Rodgers

Age was definitely a factor in this category. Rodgers should still be playing great football in 2017, but he'll be turning 34 while Luck will just be hitting his prime. Cleveland Browns rookie Trent Richardson was the one surprise name among these players. Five years can be an eternity at the running back position.

16. Five years from now, who will be the best defensive player?

Jason Pierre-Paul (7 votes)
Ndamukong Suh (4)
Von Miller (2)
Sean Lee, Luke Kuechly, Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron, Marcell Dareus, Barkevious Mingo (LSU), Dion Jordan (Oregon)

The New York Giants' Pierre-Paul won't turn 24 until New Year's Day. He should still be a dominant force in five years, while Suh and Miller should both be collecting high sack totals as well for the Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos, respectively. Two current college defenders (Mingo and Jordan) garnered a vote.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...rady-for-mvp-nfl-insiders-answer-20-questions

Finally watched a bit of the USC game. The thing about Barkley is, even though the Rams need a QB, if I could draft one guy on that team, it would be Marqise Lee. I kind of think Barkely is a good QB who is in perhaps the best situation any college QB has ever been in terms of surrounding talent

Both of those WRs could play right now in the NFL.

squicken

Barkley, same as Sanchez, same as Leinart, same as Palmer, same as Rob Johnson, same as Todd Marinovich, same as Rodney Peete, same as Sean Salisbury. The list is long and undistinguished. Decent quarterbacks propped up by being on a stacked team.

I thought Carson was a pretty good pro until he got hurt. I'm not saying Barkely is bad or anything. Just that the offense there is stacked. The line and WRs were already great, and they added that RB from pedo state to fill their one slight weakness

Gigglepoo

Picking Super Bowl teams is really tough this year. I keep seeing columnists pick the Niners and/or Texans, and that just seems off to me. Last year was their time to shine, and through injuries (Houston) and bad luck (SF), they blew it. Not sure they can repeat their successes.

It's probably going to be some random teams like the Bears and Broncos. Packers/Patriots is too obvious to be true.

holy shit at the stupidity of the espn list. The only person who's predictions make at least a little bit of sense is Jamison Hensley

He also had Richardson as Offensive ROTY and Detroit making the playoffs again. Clearly the hipster analyst at ESPN making all these ludicrous picks.

I'd love Packers/Patriots 2.0.

As a co-owner of the Packers, I'd be conflicted.

I believe within my heart that if Favre didn't go full retard against the Giants and Plaxico didn't rape Al Harris up and down the field that night, we would've already had this matchup and Favre would've retired on top, making that sordid mess years afterward unnecessary.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, Fuck you Giants. And Favre too.

cajunator

Banned
A safety named Rafael signed with the Saints and is taking #25, so there is now officially another R. bush in the #25 jersey.

Also, a man named Russell Wilson from Braithwaite rescued a few items from his flooded home including this.
Saints fans have priorities!

Sanjuro

I believe within my heart that if Favre didn't go full retard against the Giants and Plaxico didn't rape Al Harris up and down the field that night, we would've already had this matchup and Favre would've retired on top, making that sordid mess years afterward unnecessary.

I still like Favre. :/

I like Favre too. Okay, I wasn't watching football during the Favre-Bledsoe Bowl and I did dislike him when he was a Jet and he beat the Pats in OT after an amazing Cassell TD in the final seconds, but overall I like him. He looks like a great guy (dick picks aside) with who you can have a beer or 10. Plus his gunslinger mentality on the field was great. Cutler is the new Favre.

Also, your avatar is ugly. So out of focus and weird colors.

I like Favre too. Okay, I wasn't watching football during the Favre-Bledsoe Bowl and I did dislike him when he was a Jet and he beat the Pats in OT after an amazing Cassell TD in the final seconds, but overall I like him. He looks like a great guy (dick picks aside) with who you can have a beer or 10. Plus his gunslinger mentality on the field was great. Cutler is the new Favre.

Also, your avatar is ugly. So out of focus and weird colors.

yeah this avatar is ugly

have to find new one now

Puddles

Banned

It could have happened in 2004 if not for 4th and 26.

Puddles

Banned
Is Dunkin Donuts good? We have them in California, but somehow I've never been to one. How does it compare to Krispy Kreme?

Sanjuro

Is Dunkin Donuts good? We have them in California, but somehow I've never been to one. How does it compare to Krispy Kreme?

Depends. If you like sugar in your coffee, they are great. They always make it exactly how you want it.

I stopped doing this though and only drink black coffee. They are still alright, but mainly really convenient.

Bowser

lol Dunkin' does not hold a candle to an original glazed Krispy Kreme donut. It's an insult to ask how they compare, frankly speaking.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol Dunkin' does not hold a candle to an original glazed Krispy Kreme donut. It's an insult to ask how they compare, frankly speaking.

Hot off the cooker with some milk, it's awesome. But that's the only donut they do well. Every other donut is a glazed with stuff added on top. They even glaze their damn cake donuts! I'm going to Donut Mart, they have gourmet coffee.

Dont'a Hightower will rock #54! I like it because it's Bruschi his old number, I dislike it because that was Brian Waters his number...Don't think he'll be back either. Fuck

Top Bottom