• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Godslay

Banned
God wouldn't stab his son in the back to bring in a cyborg replacement.

That doesn't sound very religious or even American.

Fuck your evil air that kills our football players!

God realized that human flesh alone cannot get the job done. Tebow failed against the dark lord, and God created a cyborg to get the job done.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Any word on Gilbert's injuries?

I swear the only thing weaker than Manning's neck is our offensive lineman's lower bodies. Dude's have been dropping like flies for years now.

It's been a damn catastrophe. I actually think the Steelers would have a competent o-line if they could play together for more than a quarter at a time.

So yeah, now that the day is over lemme ask - can Luck throw the deep ball? I've never seen him complete a long pass. Even in the one college game I watched him in the one deep pass he threw hung up there and got picked off.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Everyone bitches about their team's offensive line. How many fans actually say "we're above average!"?

I'm actually not 100% happy with the Texans O-line so far. The run blocking esp on the right side is weak. I'm just happy that the pass protection held up decently (could be cause they were going against the crappy Phins) and Matt wasn't sacked more than twice... once cause he held the ball far too long and he's slow as shit.

I just found that play by the Panthers O-line hilarious.

Narag

So yeah, now that the day is over lemme ask - can Luck throw the deep ball? I've never seen him complete a long pass. Even in the one college game I watched him in the one deep pass he threw hung up there and got picked off.

That's a good question. He was having issues today as he was overthrowing short passes and was intercepted twice on two underthrown long passes.

squicken

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/74068/making-russell-wilson-look-like-another-rook

Wilson showed he could handle the Cardinals' pressure by connecting with Sidney Rice early from an empty set, but too frequently the Seahawks played as though protecting a rookie in his first start. Where the staff had raised the hurdle each time Wilson cleared one during preseason, they appeared reluctant to do so in this game.

What was with all the sideways and even backward passes? The Cardinals scooped up one of them for a critical turnover in Seahawks territory.

Seattle called runs on nine of its first 12 second-down plays, appearing content to play a field-position game between teams armed with strong defenses.

Nothing says tentative quite like a backward pass or three.

I love this. Sando jerked Wilson all offseason, and now he's mad at Cheatin' Pete for making Russ look bad

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Didn't the Simpson's do a joke like this once?

Chip_Kelly_NFL.gif

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
BucsJailbreak.gif

That was all Cam's Fault.... look at the dude he needed to pass to up at the top of the field.. he was just waiting there and Cam pulled it back in... thats more cam than that putrid line

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/74068/making-russell-wilson-look-like-another-rook

I love this. Sando jerked Wilson all offseason, and now he's mad at Cheatin' Pete for making Russ look bad

what did we say squicken? that the pre-season doesn't mean shit and wilson is not going to do anything meaningful this season. i can't believe so many people bought into the hype on like 3 pre-season quarters.

this tells me the seahawks coaching staff has no fucking clue what they are doing. he won this job based off his game against the chiefs. a chiefs defense that was destroyed by bradford and today was torched by matt ryan. they are a bad defense.

as i said weeks ago, i just hope russell wilson hasn't been benched by the times the niners face the seachickens because we are going to absolutely destroy him

squicken

Don't know how long that's been the case but coaches' film is up for Cowboys/Giants game

what did we say squicken? that the pre-season doesn't mean shit and wilson is not going to do anything meaningful this season. i can't believe so many people bought into the hype on like 3 pre-season quarters.

this tells me the seahawks coaching staff has no fucking clue what they are doing. he won this job based off his game against the chiefs. a chiefs defense that was destroyed by bradford and today was torched by matt ryan. they are a bad defense.

as i said weeks ago, i just hope russell wilson hasn't been benched by the times the niners face the seachickens because we are going to absolutely destroy him

I even brought this to Sando's attention and he got real pissy on Twitter. Just tried to point out that the Chief's D is terrible and was an awful metric to use one game to decide their starting QB. Everything they said Wilson would do for them . . . he didn't do. Like people will talk about AZ and SEA having good defenses b/c of today. Nope. Myabe they will, but today proved nothing. Just that we learned again that all offenses in the NFCW besides SF suck

Top Bottom