• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

LJ11

So yeah, now that the day is over lemme ask - can Luck throw the deep ball? I've never seen him complete a long pass. Even in the one college game I watched him in the one deep pass he threw hung up there and got picked off.

It's mediocre at best, probably his biggest weakness. Just didn't have to do it in that offense (Stanford). No idea why he has trouble with it, might be arm strength, maybe mechanics, or just not enough reps. Didn't have many outside receiving threats at Stanford. Who knows if he ever develops a good one.

Mashing

Texans
Patriots
Broncos

One of these teams is representing the AFC in the playoffs. These three teams are clearly better than the rest of the AFC.

Bowser

http://cjzero.com/gifs/BucsJailbreak.gif/IMG]

That was all Cam's Fault.... look at the dude he needed to pass to up at the top of the field.. he was just waiting there and Cam pulled it back in... thats more cam than that putrid line[/QUOTE]

He saw 58 bearing down on him and quickly turned. The rush was on him so quick he just went with his natural instinct.

So yeah, now that the day is over lemme ask - can Luck throw the deep ball? I've never seen him complete a long pass. Even in the one college game I watched him in the one deep pass he threw hung up there and got picked off.

If today was any indication, no. He had a couple of deep passes that were under-thrown.

Spinluck

Peyton has two more SB titles left in him.

I still think the D needs a lil work though.

But, they definitely feed off that offensive momentum though, especially in closing the game.

But yea, Manning looks like he's been playing with these guys forever, he just elevates his their play. And the line played hella well, still waiting to see if they can take the top off the D, they didn't have to this game. But it's essential to get far in the playoffs, methinks.

eznark

Banned
BucsJailbreak.gif

That was all Cam's Fault.... look at the dude he needed to pass to up at the top of the field.. he was just waiting there and Cam pulled it back in... thats more cam than that putrid line

Yup, busted screen, he just had no clue what the play was.

even though alex had a pretty good game today, after seeing peypey i wish we had gotten him. but then i remember if we did get him we wouldn't have carlos rogers or ahmad brooks back, and we couldn't have signed andy lee to an extension.

oh well :(

JCizzle

even though alex had a pretty good game today, after seeing peypey i wish we had gotten him. but then i remember if we did get him we wouldn't have carlos rogers or ahmad brooks back, and we couldn't have signed andy lee to an extension.

I'd rather have Andy, err God, than any of them.

methodman

Banned

Sadly I think we could have gotten Peyton and still resigned all those players. Just wish harbaugh wouldn't go completely conservative after a two score lead. either way, I hope to see Alex continue to improve and soon he needs to start taking shots when moss is one on one. Great team game though, bowman was sick

Godslay

Banned
I still think the D needs a lil work though.

But, they definitely feed off that offensive momentum though, especially in closing the game.

But yea, Manning looks like he's been playing with these guys forever, he just elevates his their play. And the line played hella well, still waiting to see if they can take the top off the D, they didn't have to this game. But it's essential to get far in the playoffs, methinks.

The dline and the secondary are mostly good (both safeties are a little shaky). It's linebacker play that is mostly the problem imo. Mays is just not that good. If DJ Williams comes back in time it will help significantly.

That's why you avoid threads that have to do with women.

Minefield.

Or you could just avoid women altogether, like most Gaffers.

EDIT: Damnit Ez.

Sadly I think we could have gotten Peyton and still resigned all those players. Just wish harbaugh wouldn't go completely conservative after a two score lead. either way, I hope to see Alex continue to improve and soon he needs to start taking shots when moss is one on one. Great team game though, bowman was sick

i wouldn't say we went completely conservative. we passed plenty, alex just didn't want to chance it.

i also found it interesting that it was bowman, and not willis, as the base LB in the dime set. obviously it is because bowman is better in coverage but wow it's not fair that the 2 best MLB's in the league are on our team

squicken

I would like to note that the Lions signed two guys off the street this week and played them in their secondary. Bradford couldn't throw for 200 yards, and on the play where he could have sealed the game, overthrew his WR by 15 yards on a 3 yard route

but he did have a 105 passer rating!

Top Bottom