• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Godslay

Banned
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1181462/portersix_medium.gif

Troll, long time.

ibsRFvzvyCftnE.gif

Kiryu

RG3 had good day in NFL debut. Russell Wilson would had good day if they won this game with last 30 seconds but it was good game from Russel Wilson. Then the rest of Rookie QB was not really impressive.

Narag

What he do?

His post elsewhere said it had to do with the Britney Spears cracks earlier in the thread and that he was on permawatch anyhow. If moderation is just reading through now, we're all going to be dead by the time they get to the Steelers game!

cashman

Banned

Godslay

Banned
His post elsewhere said it had to do with the Britney Spears cracks earlier in the thread and that he was on permawatch anyhow. If moderation is just reading through now, we're all going to be dead by the time they get to the Steelers game!

Sheeeeiiiiitttt. Well if I don't make it, it was nice knowing you guys. I think the scuffle with WinoMcCougarStein has ban potential.

Orlando Franklin was terrifying during the player introductions today.

:jnc I saw that.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks man, really an amazing day all around.

Gotta admit, Saints fans are pure class. Never met a friendlier, more pleasant fan base in my life. The people sitting around us all came and shook our hands after the game and people have been coming up to us all day giving us props. And they are diehards too, the Superdome is loud!

Really fantastic hospitality, fantastic day!

Glad to hear it.
NOLA gets a bad rap because of crime but the fans are respectful and honorable.
They realize that it is ultimately just a game and its more of an excuse to party, win or lose.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Explain this.. I didn't see any nudity in the images of the people being banned. What, was there some sort of prohibition put on the hot-chick-age SOP?

Dude you cant be serious. Most of those gifs were of naked chicks with nothing covering their boobs or their asses.

Not that I'm complaining.

Greg

I just wish the banning process wasn't so transparent. I can't see any mod or user that frequents these topics being offended by anything that was said today. And for whoever was offended... wasn't that the whole reason why the board split occurred?

Not that the communities are above the rules, but certain types of exchanges are what makes these communities what they are. I wouldn't bitch if I entered POP-GAF and saw 94 gifs load up on the first page even though that kind of posting doesn't fly in regular topics.

Zeke

Missed the entire day of football only caught the last part of the steelers game. Also why the hell is everyone getting banned? Every time I come in here someone is getting banned.

Fox318

I just wish the banning process wasn't so transparent. I can't see any mod or user that frequents these topics being offended by anything that was said today. And for whoever was offended... wasn't that the whole reason why the board split occurred?

Not that the communities are above the rules, but certain types of exchanges are what makes these communities what they are. I wouldn't bitch if I entered POP-GAF and saw 94 gifs load up on the first page even though that kind of posting doesn't fly in regular topics.
I would love it if when a user was banned a mod had to write at least 1 sentence explaining why.. At least in the community threads. Most of these threads have their own jokes and most of them welcome people with open arms. FMTs recent ban I think really shows why there should be community only mods.

RBH

I would love it if when a user was banned a mod had to write at least 1 sentence explaining why.. At least in the community threads. Most of these threads have their own jokes and most of them welcome people with open arms. FMTs recent ban I think really shows why there should be community only mods.

That ban in particular was a fucking joke and honestly blew my mind that he got banned for that.

The fuck with all these bans? Raw fucking garbage. I'll never express my opinions out of fear someone doesn't agree with them!

YOU HEAR THAT MODS, YOU'VE WON! I'LL STICK TO "GO LIONS" POSTS ONCE A WEEK!!!

What horse shit

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Doesn't work that way..

Follow the ToS, inside jokes or not..

Sports get a lot of leeway on the forum so don't get it twisted..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The fuck with all these bans? Raw fucking garbage. I'll never express my opinions out of fear someone doesn't agree with them!

YOU HEAR THAT MODS, YOU'VE WON! I'LL STICK TO "GO LIONS" POSTS ONCE A WEEK!!!

What horse shit
That's exactly why they got banned.. bravo, you broke the code..

Big-E

That's what I don't get. They felt we are too insular so they think that casting us off to some other island will help with that but that pretty much did nothing as we had a thread where people mentioned they don't check community any more because it becomes hidden in a way.

Being a hardcore sports fan requires an ability to shit on other people and to take people shitting on you because that is the nature of sport. If we look at sports from a logical basis than every single team is practically the same. No one on these teams is really from the city they play for or even the country. Some players may have been fans of rival teams but no one cares. We care for our teams and insult other teams because it provides us with enjoyment. The winner of a game is meaningless for life but that doesn't matter to me and it doesn't matter for a lot of us I think. If ez or anyone else in this thread was banned for busting balls than I have no clue how this thread should operate any more.

I guess part of this issue stems from we have no clue why bannings happen. Ez made a ben rape reference, something I use to do on a daily basis. Is this not acceptable any more?

cajunator

Banned
Actually I think our Oline played ok.
Brees got pressured but the chemistry with his receivers just wasnt there.
It was more because of lack of tempo and the defense letting Redskins get up very early which forced the Saints to abandon the run completely. Cant really complain about the oline itself.

Bowser

The worst thing about a week 1 loss is that it puts a damper on my entire week. Now I got this shitty work week to go through and it's gonna be forever until Week 2 :/

Top Bottom