• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Got home from the Browns game pretty late last night.

Even though we lost it was probably the best time at s Browns home opener I've had. Great tailgate, and sat in the upper Dawg Pound. The Crowd went crazy on plenty of plays, especially when Trich knocked Coles Helmet off. Jimmy Clausen and Blaine Gabbert laughed at Weedens first start. This year is pretty much his audition tape for Haslam. If we would of won this game it would of been like we won the Super Bowl in stadium/Cleveland.

Eagles fan i wouldn't be proud of this game if i was you guys haha, told a bunch of fans on my way out your Qb sucks! They just looked back at me and said we know. Eagles fans reactions through must the game was pretty hilarious though.

Barking for Barkly etc signs incoming

I've been looking at prices. I'm kinda tempted to drive over to Cleveland for a game this season.

We'll see.

I've been looking at prices. I'm kinda tempted to drive over to Cleveland for a game this season.

We'll see.
Great time especially If you tailgate, you can usually find resale tickets pretty cheap on ticket master, I've sat all around the stadium so far, And in gotta say my favorite spots are in the Dawgpound area

goretd_medium.gif

Well, missed all the 1 and 4 games, but made it in time to see SNF....unfortunately. Great Ben's Grey ghost, why did he throw that ball?

First game of the Haley O and while it features more checkdowns and dumpoffs and possibly more TE shots, the result was the same. And that's points left out on the field. Tomlin needs a new mantra, and that's "fuck field goals." And the running game still looks ghastly.

The defense without Clark and Harrison blows, they don't scare anyone in the secondary without some kind of pass rush.

And for crying out loud, the Kugler curse is so real. Can't get through one game without somebody on that Oline heading to the infirmary.

Kudos to Peyton, dude played terrific. Such a smart fucker.

All this RG3 talk makes me even angrier about the Browns, I might have to forever hate him through his career just to get through my days.

Or until we get a legit great Qb I can call my own like the nasty Lord Brandy fans

LJ11

So LJ11... after coughing up 112 points in our final 3 preseason games, we cough up 48 today to the "can't score a touchdown" Jets.

Is our defense really this dreadful or were we merely the victims of crooked officials as "Mr. I Just Got Paid 100 Million Dollars to Play in Buffalo" claims?

Trying to decide whether to forfeit all hope in this season now that FJax and Nelson are hurt, our D appears pitiful and we have the Pats and 49ers on deck shortly.

I've already penciled in losses there so best case scenario has us 2-3 provided that we beat an angry Chiefs team at home next week (with a returning Tamba Hali) and then manage to beat the Browns on the road (a task that almost stymied the great Michael Vick despite Weeden's 4 INTs).

If we're going to tank the season to land a new QB I'm fine with that. I'd just like to know in advance so I can mentally prepare myself for it. One of my co-workers is a big Denard Robinson fan.

This team is a fucking joke, preseason was enough to draw that conclusion, they'll be drafting in the top 5. Won't matter, they'll fuck it up again, like they always do. Denard isn't a QB. Should trade a couple of the guys that can play to better teams, wasting their careers in NFL Siberia.

This team is a fucking joke, preseason was enough to draw that conclusion, they'll be drafting in the top 5. Won't matter, they'll fuck it up again, like they always do. Denard isn't a QB. Should trade a couple of the guys that can play to better teams, wasting their careers in NFL Siberia.

image.php

MechDX

helmets should not come off this easily.

not me, Schaub's mah quarterback. Sometimes it feels like im the only one in houston that likes him. TO.gif

And it was a damn nice fade route.

I like Schaub even though he still has a lot to prove (not the injury BS, fucking Haynesworth!) in the clutch department. If he, AJ and Arian stay healthy this season the offense has tons of ability to control games.

Where is miguel? Must have passed out from the fade route.

Fox318

So LJ11... after coughing up 112 points in our final 3 preseason games, we cough up 48 today to the "can't score a touchdown" Jets.

Is our defense really this dreadful or were we merely the victims of crooked officials as "Mr. I Just Got Paid 100 Million Dollars to Play in Buffalo" claims?

Trying to decide whether to forfeit all hope in this season now that FJax and Nelson are hurt, our D appears pitiful and we have the Pats and 49ers on deck shortly.

I've already penciled in losses there so best case scenario has us 2-3 provided that we beat an angry Chiefs team at home next week (with a returning Tamba Hali) and then manage to beat the Browns on the road (a task that almost stymied the great Michael Vick despite Weeden's 4 INTs).

If we're going to tank the season to land a new QB I'm fine with that. I'd just like to know in advance so I can mentally prepare myself for it. One of my co-workers is a big Denard Robinson fan.

Jlgdp.jpg

QVga9l.jpg

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I like Schaub even though he still has a lot to prove (not the injury BS, fucking Haynesworth!) in the clutch department. If he, AJ and Arian stay healthy this season the offense has tons of ability to control games.

I agree. I just get tired of idiots calling the radio all the time saying he sucks. Like last week this guy calls in and says the key to this season and going deep into the playoffs is.... tryndon holliday. He's reasoning, is because schaub can't go the length of the field so he'll need holliday to set them up in good field position. If i had a laptop in my car i would have most certainly wellington'ed it.

Speaking of all of them being healthy, I heard before the game, Schaub, Foster and Andre were on the field for 45 total plays last season. 45 plays!

VoxPop

Are there any updates on Fred Jackson? Is he out for a hefty amount of time or was he just shaken up and should be returning next week?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
All this RG3 talk makes me even angrier about the Browns, I might have to forever hate him trough his career just to get though my days.

Or until we get a legit great Qb I can call my own like the nasty Lord Brandy fans

I've already been giving one of my friends shit for it since the Redskins took him.

He's already decided he's a top QB in the league after he cut up the top rated Saints defense.

gutshot

Kurt Coleman Details Collision With Trent Richardson

“They ran a simple draw or whatever and the wide receiver [Josh Gordon] came down and cracked me. And when he cracked me my chinstrap popped off,” said Coleman. “And my helmet kind of fell on my face so I couldn’t see anything clearly. I knew he was coming so I just tried to make a play.”

Coleman got right up after the collision and stayed in the game.

“They ask you, what day it is, what down is it. My head was fine,” said Coleman. “Got a little bloody. It’s a man’s game and I love it. I love it and I thank God for being able to play this game.”

“Kurt’s a warrior,” said Jason Babin. “It will take a lot more than a couple loose tooth and some stitches to keep Kurt out of the game.”

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm less worried about Jackson than I am about Fitzpatrick. Spiller showed he can easily be number 1. Thigpen and T.Jax don't exactly fill me with confidence. But if you can look at yesterday and not sit Fitz, then you're an idiot.

Smokey

5 more years of noodle arm Schaub can't wait wooo
Also had to lolz at Mario Williams already crying in his first game. No pressure on Sanchez and no sacks. Get used to it LJ! (not the no sacks, but underachieveing and whining).

MechDX

I agree. I just get tired of idiots calling the radio all the time saying he sucks. Like last week this guy calls in and says the key to this season and going deep into the playoffs is.... tryndon holliday. He's reasoning, is because schaub can't go the length of the field so he'll need holliday to set them up in good field position. If i had a laptop in my car i would have most certainly wellington'ed it.

Speaking of all of them being healthy, I heard before the game, Schaub, Foster and Andre were on the field for 45 total plays last season. 45 plays!

The best one I have heard this year: "Case Keenum is the future of this franchise! Play him now and we are unstoppable!".

From Kubiak post-game presser:

(on WR Andre Johnson and how much it means to him and the team to get back on the field) “He means a great deal. I usually don’t talk much about what goes on in our meetings, but we had a powerful team meeting last night and it was all due to him. He stood up and talked to his teammates about his career and what he wants to get out of his career and what this team means to him. I didn’t have to say a darn thing after that. He’s in it for all the right reasons. He understands he’s in year 10. Like I told you all before, we need him to be successful, but we’re all rooting for him to stay healthy because if he does he’ll do great things.”

I would love to know exactly what Andre said. He made some comments after the game about it but no details.

Fox318

I'm less worried about Jackson than I am about Fitzpatrick. Spiller showed he can easily be number 1. Thigpen and T.Jax don't exactly fill me with confidence. But if you can look at yesterday and not sit Fitz, then you're an idiot.

Game got out of hand because Sanchize took over against a young bills secondary and the 100 million dollar man couldn't get past a man who was on the practice squads a year ago. Fitz isn't the reason the Bills lost.

jmdajr

The best one I have heard this year: "Case Keenum is the future of this franchise! Play him now and we are unstoppable!".

From Kubiak post-game presser:

I would love to know exactly what Andre said. He made some comments after the game about it but no details.

Same. Quiet dude, but I guess he speaks when it matters.

Ok. The run D looked good, I'll give you that. But I can't really judge the secondary on this game. Look at who they were playing. Weeden missed a few wide open receivers, including one in the end zone. Against a competent QB, those passes are completed and the Eagles lose going away.

My biggest worry has been, and continues to be, Vick's tendency to turn the ball over. It would have cost us the game yesterday, if it weren't for Weeden's historically bad performance. Lots of people are pointing to the final drive as some sort of testament to Vick's ability to "pull out the W", but he got lucky twice on that drive: he almost coughed it up on the 3rd down scramble and he had a sure INT in the end zone dropped by LJ Fort.

Last season's -14 in turnovers was one of the biggest reasons we went 8-8, IMO. If Vick continues to be careless with the football, it won't matter how good our defense or Shady are. We will still miss the playoffs.

The turnovers were horrible and inexcusable but if they werent in 2nd and long the whole game ue to all the holding calls I think they would have ran more.
Fixed. Lulz if you think the refs had anything to do with stopping your running game. 56 fucking pass attempts. :jnc

I cant tell if you actually read what I said or not but the Eagles had 4 runs of over 10 yards called back in the first half. Shady still had 50 yards rushing in the first half. If you add those numbers together he would have had over 100 yards in the first half. It is hard to call running plays on 1st or 2nd and 20. In the 4th quarter the refs didnt call the Eagles for holding and the Eagles ran the ball really well. The Eagles passed to much but a lot of that wa dictated by the scabs.

LJ11

What about sitting the D? They were awful, couldn't cover a soul. Everyone's getting on Mario, rightfully so and I was one of the sane fans who didn't want to commit that kind of money to him, but it's hard to sack a QB when the ball is out of his hands in 2 seconds because everyone is running free. D couldn't get a stop against that inept offense. just awful.

Fitzputrid is just continuing his downward trend, awful/atrocious decision making. Keep riding that dick Fox!

gutshot

The turnovers were horrible and inexcusable but if they werent in 2nd and long the whole game ue to all the holding calls I think they would have ran more.

I cant tell if you actually read what I said or not but the Eagles had 4 runs of over 10 yards called back in the first half. Shady still had 50 yards rushing in the first half. If you add those numbers together he would have had over 100 yards in the first half. It is hard to call running plays on 1st or 2nd and 20. In the 4th quarter the refs didnt call the Eagles for holding and the Eagles ran the ball really well. The Eagles passed to much but a lot of that wa dictated by the scabs.

It is really hard for me to believe that considering Andy Reid has been neglecting the running game for 14 years.

Godslay

Banned
What about sitting the D? They were awful, couldn't cover a soul. Everyone's getting on Mario, rightfully so and I was one of the sane fans who didn't want to commit that kind of money to him, but it's hard to sack a QB when the ball is out of his hands in 2 seconds because everyone is running free. D couldn't get a stop against that inept offense. just awful.

Fitzputrid is just continuing his downward trend, awful/atrocious decision making. Keep riding that dick Fox!

That's too bad. Fitzpatrick had shown flashes of being good or at least serviceable last year. The most recent examples I remember are the Raiders game last year, and the Denver game. He's even played well against NE at time irc. Or could it be that I caught the wheat rather than the chaff? I just hope for a true in division challenger to the Pats, and it doesn't look like there is going to be one for awhile.

UberTag

Are there any updates on Fred Jackson? Is he out for a hefty amount of time or was he just shaken up and should be returning next week?
Dude isn't playing any time soon.
That was the one bit of good news that came out of yesterday's drubbing. I own Spiller in the big GAF fantasy money league. He will be put to good use.

Now I just have to decide what to do about owning the Bills D in almost every league.

yankeehater said:
In the 4th quarter the refs didn't call the Eagles for holding and the Eagles ran the ball really well. The Eagles passed to much but a lot of that was dictated by the scabs.
I think the worst part about having the replacement refs out there isn't their inability to call games properly but the ability for fans to use them as an excuse for why their teams didn't have success.

"When they didn't call holding we ran awesome!" I mean, seriously? I watched that game a good number of those holds were correctly called. Even more amusing considering it's been a week of hearing how holding isn't ever called with the scab refs, anyway.

Here's a better question, what's been Andy's excuse for not running the football in game situations for the last 13 years when the scabs weren't on the field?

56. Fucking. Pass. Attempts. 56. For a QB that worked to turn the ball over with some of those awful throws.

...and you're sitting here blaming the scab refs for altering Andy Reids gameplan? I'm floored right now.

It is really hard for me to believe that considering Andy Reid has been neglecting the running game for 14 years.

I thought they ran it a lot in the 1t quarter but it is hard to run when you get like 10 holdings calls against you. The dont run much in long yardage situations. I agree they should have tried to run it more. The real test will be going forward. Hopefully the real refs will be back soon and we wont see another disaster like we did Sunday. If the Eagles continue to neglect Shady then Marty should be gone.

I think the worst part about the replacement refs isn't their inability to call games but the ability for fans to use them as an excuse for why their teams didn't have success.

"When they didn't call holding we ran awesome!" I mean, seriously? I watched that game a good number of those holds were correctly called.

Here's a better question, what's been Andy's excuse for not running the football in game situations for the last 13 years when the scabs weren't on the field?

56. Fucking. Pass. Attempts.

...and you're sitting here blaming the scab refs for altering Andy Reids gameplan? I'm floored right now.

You really think the gameplan was to run the ball in the 1st quarter and then just abandon it until the 4th even though it was working? I absolutely think that the down and distance effected their gameplan. You can argue that they still should have ran more, and I would totally agree. It was stupid to have Vick pass so much on a day he clearly was still rusty.

eznark

Banned
I thought they ran it a lot in the 1t quarter but it is hard to run when you get like 10 holdings calls against you. The dont run much in long yardage situations. I agree they should have tried to run it more. The real test will be going forward. Hopefully the real refs will be back soon and we wont see another disaster like we did Sunday. If the Eagles continue to neglect Shady then Marty should be gone.

hahahahaha, yeah, Triplett and Hochuli will come in and the game will be saved!

jmdajr

That was the one bit of good news that came out of yesterday's drubbing. I own Spiller in the big GAF fantasy money league. He will be put to good use.

Now I just have to decide what to do about owning the Bills D in almost every league.

Yeah like I said previously, I was reluctant to pick him up but this will work out well.

Pretty damn disappointing about the Bills D. I got tickets to the Texans Bills game.
So much for fearing Mario. They said the dude had one tackle. 1.

LJ11

Of course we'll beat the Chiefs, it's a meaningless win, we're good for 4-7 every year! If not the Chiefs we'll get our 4-5 wins elsewhere.

hahahahaha, yeah, Triplett and Hochuli will come in and the game will be saved!

They will be better. Say what you want about the regular refs, and they suck for sure, but they dont call every little thing, and they dont let the home fans call penalties like the scabs were doing.

squicken

I'm concerned for the future of the Deteoit Lions after yesterdays game:

1.) Matthew looked like garbage yesterday. Bad reads lead to interceptions, which lead to him over throwing all of his receivers later out of fear of more interceptions. Too much faith in his arm strength.

2.) Our DB situation is absolutely abysmal. We were making grampsford look like an all pro player. What happens when we play a team with a real passing threat? Lighting up the score boards!

3.) The Dline still looked like it was having a hard time producing pressure, which doesn't bode well

On he bright side, our running game was a bit productive and the run d did a pretty good job against Stephen Jackson. Fortunately Detroit has a cupcake 49ers team coming up next week to instill a bit of confidence on these guys

I have GIFs. Oh Lord do I have GIFs. The Rams offense is as bad as ever. SJAX is done. Toast. Slow. He wouldn't play except the rookies don't know pass protection yet.

Bradford sucks and didn't look anything like and all-pro. Your D is shaky but you didn't really learn anything yesterday other than Stafford could be anb issue with his slangin'

Where is squicken

Harbs had an extra year with them. He's a phenomenal coach. You will still get more injuries and recover less fumbles and such, but Harbs had guys running wide open and was smashing the run down GB's throat. The Pack D may suck, but it was a weakness that your coach exploited. You are looking at something very special with him for the next decade. I am very jealous as a fan of other teams

Top Bottom