• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Uh, he completed almost 70% of his passes for 300 yards and a TD. All his throws were down the field, no dump offs or screens at all. By terrible line you mean "he threw 2 picks", one of which went off a receiver's hands. He didn't have a great game but if you want a terrible line, go look up one of the rookies other than RGIII.

It's true Andrew Luck was awful yesterday.

eznark

Banned
Uh, he completed almost 70% of his passes for 300 yards and a TD. All his throws were down the field, no dump offs or screens at all. By terrible line you mean "he threw 2 picks", one of which went off a receiver's hands. He didn't have a great game but if you want a terrible line, go look up one of the rookies other than RGIII.

10 points against the freaking Buccaneers. That is fucking terrible. Rodgers had a fuck-awful game and accidentally scored 15 against the best defense in football.

Now, had Ponder done the same thing I would be impressed, but I didn't spend the whole off-seasons hearing about how elite Christian Ponder is.

You want to be in the same sentence as the big boys start performing. Just Losez is a fraud. FRAUD.

Make way for RGIII, the true king.

red13th

ikSvUGaQONKp1.gif

This is ridiculous.

Couldn't stop the pass either and once Freeney went out they had no pass rush. The important thing for them is to develop Luck and keep him healthy. They really just need to ignore the score and run their offense. Luck held the ball too much looking to go downfield. Got killed in the second half

:jnc, sound familiar? Get used to this. This is the Arians offense. Only difference is Ben could actually make the throws.

Fitz is terrible. He's played us 5 times and he still can't read our defense.

Which would be understandable if he didn't get a 1580 on his SAT, but he did.

squicken

:jnc, sound familiar? Get used to this. This is the Arians offense. Only difference is Ben could actually make the throws.

Not as a rookie he didn't. But you are right about the stupidity of it. Never understood Tomlin and why he didn't make Arians run it more. Pagano can't let Arians just do whatever he wants. Even if Donald just gets 2 yards, they needed to mix in some draws and short passes (it would help if Donald could catch)

It's not to "establish the run" or any of that crap. But you can't have DEs just teeing off every down

Crisco

Banned
10 points against the freaking Buccaneers. That is fucking terrible. Rodgers had a fuck-awful game and accidentally scored 15 against the best defense in football.

Now, had Ponder done the same thing I would be impressed, but I didn't spend the whole off-seasons hearing about how elite Christian Ponder is.

You want to be in the same sentence as the big boys start performing. Just Losez is a fraud. FRAUD.

Make way for RGIII, the true king.

lol, find some smarter people to talk football with then. No one except true homers thought Newton was elite after last year. Everything from his decision making, accuracy on short to intermediate throws, and overall mechanics in the pocket were spotty at best. I'm sorry you spent all off season getting trolled into bitterness but that's hardly Cam's fault. He played fine yesterday and showed improvement in all those areas.

LJ11

Fitz is terrible. He's played us 5 times and he still can't read our defense.

Which would be understandable if he didn't get a 1580 on his SAT, but he did.

What makes it more pathetic is how vanilla the D's been the last two games, nothing fucking complex. said it himself. They were just bad throws, he's not being tricked. Don't know what the fuck he's doing.

eznark

Banned
Guys that get around in the pocket get sacked too

Often times more than most. Still not sure what your point is?

Yikes, talk about an O-line fail.

It's one thing if one or two guys get through, but four? Ouch.

It's a clear miscommunication and rewatching the play I thought it was probably on DeAngelo. You can sort of see it in the GIF, but at the snap he kind of stands up and looks around. I think it was going to be a screen but Williams fucked up.

Squicken, roll the film dude!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
What makes it more pathetic is how vanilla the D's been the last two games, nothing fucking complex. said it himself. They were just bad throws, he's not being tricked. Don't know what the fuck he's doing.

I don't even understand the pick he threw to Cro, it really looked like he saw someone out of the corner of his eye, though it was his receiver so just turned and threw it right at him.

As if he forgot what team he was on for a second.

eznark

Banned
lol, find some smarter people to talk football with then. No one except true homers thought Newton was elite after last year. Everything from his decision making, accuracy on short to intermediate throws, and overall mechanics in the pocket were spotty at best. I'm sorry you spent all off season getting trolled into bitterness but that's hardly Cam's fault. He played fine yesterday and showed improvement in all those areas.

The players voted him a top 6 quarterback in the league so that is who he gets compared against.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I agree. I just get tired of idiots calling the radio all the time saying he sucks. Like last week this guy calls in and says the key to this season and going deep into the playoffs is.... tryndon holliday. He's reasoning, is because schaub can't go the length of the field so he'll need holliday to set them up in good field position. If i had a laptop in my car i would have most certainly wellington'ed it.

Speaking of all of them being healthy, I heard before the game, Schaub, Foster and Andre were on the field for 45 total plays last season. 45 plays!
exhibit a:

5 more years of noodle arm Schaub can't wait wooo

seriously? who would you have them get?

Also he's hardly a noodle arm.

Quikies83

Chiefs fans will never let that go even though it was a legal cut block with no malice intended. I'd probably behave the same way, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. Take solace in the fact that Steve's said he'll never cut block again, which is absolutely stupid.

I really wish they'd just outlaw that type of block.
I honestly don't hold any ill will towards Johnson. That doesn't mean that I don't hope Berry fucking crushes Johnson this Sunday though.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Rodgers for Watt
no dice. Love me some Watt.

eh...Maybe its just me but Schaubs passes look a lot more precise and more zip than during preseason and yesterday this year compared to prior years.

i would have to go back and look at prior years. But I thought he looked damn good in preseason and played very well yesterday, his receivers had like 4 drops that i can recall, too.

minx

Marshall is almost purely a deep threat. Williams the gimp is still fine in mid to deep coverage.

Nick Perry on Alshon Jeffrey should be giving you nightmares.

Almost purely a deep threat? You really just talk out of your ass all the time. You have no clue what you are talking about.

squicken

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s480x480/262896_10151026926846314_1509888274_n.jpg[/ig]

Damn Arian eat some damn meat! He looks really skinny in this pic but he with Barry Sanders so...SWAG.[/QUOTE]

hnnnnggg

why is barry wearing Texans gear?

Top Bottom