• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

LJ11 said:
He was pretty fucking good last year.

They just don't cover well. What good is a safety when the backers and corners are setting everyone loose.
Ah. Don't watch many Bills games so I don't know. That's why I'm asking.:)

bionic77

I think the worst part about having the replacement refs out there isn't their inability to call games properly but the ability for fans to use them as an excuse for why their teams didn't have success.

"When they didn't call holding we ran awesome!" I mean, seriously? I watched that game a good number of those holds were correctly called. Even more amusing considering it's been a week of hearing how holding isn't ever called with the scab refs, anyway.

Here's a better question, what's been Andy's excuse for not running the football in game situations for the last 13 years when the scabs weren't on the field?

56. Fucking. Pass. Attempts. 56. For a QB that worked to turn the ball over with some of those awful throws.

...and you're sitting here blaming the scab refs for altering Andy Reids gameplan? I'm floored right now.
Reading this post I would like to retract my comments about the Broncos beating us. At first I thought Peyton just picked us apart and that their defense dominated the LOS. Now I see that the refs really won that game for the Broncos and altered our game plan.

Originally the plan was to stop the Broncos on defense and to block well and run a competent offense and not just have Ben winging it on 3rd. But obviously the scab refs got in the way and made us change our plans.

LukeSmith

better angle
0450_kdukm.gif

If you take that run out of the equation, he averaged like 1.2 yards per carry yesterday.
Spoilers: He's trash

Levyne

Banned
Unfortunate news about Freddy. I hope he is able to get healthy and have a couple more nice seasons, even if CJ is obviously the future.

Fox318

Darrelle Revis suffers mild concussion in Jets win over Bills

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis suffered a mild concussion in the second half of Sunday’s season-opening win over the Buffalo Bills, a team spokesman announced Monday morning.

Coach Rex Ryan, speaking before practice, said he learned of Revis’ concussion Monday morning. He had few details but maintained that the team would go through the league’s protocol for treatment of players with head injuries

“We’ll err on the side of caution,” Ryan said.

The injury occurred on a fourth quarter run in which Revis tackled Bills tailback C.J. Spiller but was accidentally kicked in the head by teammate Bart Scott.

Revis recorded his first interception of the season in the opening quarter.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

eznark

Banned
2011: Cam Newton sets passing record, gets all the credit.

2012: Cam Newton has a terrible line, it isn't his fault!!!!!! LEAVE CAM ALONE

LukeSmith

Are we sure we want to make definitive evaluations on rookies based only on yesterday?

spoiler: all running backs are trash but so is LoLuck

1. I like you better when you're banned or on a hunting trip.
2. Luck definitely looked bad yesterday. I'll have to redeem him in Madden

UberTag

Of course we'll beat the Chiefs, it's a meaningless win, we're good for 4-7 every year! If not the Chiefs we'll get our 4-5 wins elsewhere.
My question is whether we'll beat the Browns on the road.
A 2-3 record is a lot better than 1-4 when it comes to potentially making a run with our soft sched in the back half of the season.
2-3 still gives me deluded hope. 1-4 and I'm not going to bother kidding myself.

eznark

Banned
1. I like you better when you're banned or on a hunting trip.
2. Luck definitely looked bad yesterday. I'll have to redeem him in Madden

No hunting this year sadly and Luck will be fine. 13 yards per reception is a number I'd focus on. Despite being hounded and forced to pass, he was still willing to look down field and try to make plays.

Did you watch any of his game yesterday? I have no ida ho you could judge him with the way T was getting free rushers in his face.

Fox318

You Bills fans are giving up hope so quickly. Fitz had a bad game, he will play better and even if he doesn't you have Jackson to go to as a backup.

LJ11

You Bills fans are giving up hope so quickly. Fitz had a bad game, he will play better and even if he doesn't you have Jackson to go to as a backup.

If you were trolling this would be funny, but you're dead serious which I guess also makes it funny.

Good job!

UberTag

We've been conditioned to give up hope. Every single team has made the playoffs since we last did. Every single one.
Tarvaris the Terrible shouldn't be instilling hope in anyone. Even if he is better than Vince Young.

Is it too early to give up on Fred Davis in favor of Martellus Bennett? Davis looked awful the few balls RGIII did throw his way he dropped
I don't want to overreact though

Fox318

If you were trolling this would be funny, but you're dead serious which I guess also makes it funny.

Good job!

I'm not trolling.

Outside of the Nelson injury the Bills can comeback and have a successful season. You lost an away opener. OMG EVERYONE JUMP

And don't give me that shit about the Bills always being bad or them letting down fans. Bullshit, the Jets haven't exactly been best team ever since 68. The only reason they have done well recently is because of Rexy. You actually saw your team make it to the superbowl.

squicken

No hunting this year sadly and Luck will be fine. 13 yards per reception is a number I'd focus on. Despite being hounded and forced to pass, he was still willing to look down field and try to make plays.

He the things you want your QB to do yesterday. Several of 20+ completions. Didn't get down on himself. Moves in pocket and avoids pressure. He has an issue with deep ball. But Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers all gained arm strength as they got older. Luck can as well

IND may have been a really bad choice on my part for that division. I had no idea the state of their defense. Also, Arians is an idiot. you don't make a rookie throw it 40+ times. Even if the run is getting stuffed you have to keep doing it. Luck may not last the year. Bears weren't even playing the run in the second half.

eznark

Banned
http://i.minus.com/ikSvUGaQONKp1.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

The line is upgraded from last year. They got a better backside guard in Silatolu, other than that this is the same line he had when he put up 38 against TB last year.

Blame everything but Newton though if that makes you happy.

ElectricBlue187 said:
Is it too early to give up on Fred Davis in favor of Martellus Bennett?
Marty is going to have a role in this offense. Especially with the third WR role in flux early in the season. I started him this week with good results and am riding that (black) unicorn until he proves I shouldn't.

MechDX

He the things you want your QB to do yesterday. Several of 20+ completions. Didn't get down on himself. Moves in pocket and avoids pressure. He has an issue with deep ball. But Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers all gained arm strength as they got older. Luck can as well

IND may have been a really bad choice on my part for that division. I had no idea the state of their defense. Also, Arians is an idiot. you don't make a rookie throw it 40+ times. Even if the run is getting stuffed you have to keep doing it. Luck may not last the year. Bears weren't even playing the run in the second half.

I watched highlights of one preseason game and stated in the thread their defense could not stop the run for shit which would be a huge issue in their division.

LukeSmith

I'm looking for the rapid reax to your true team, the Texans.

LJ11

Especially if Stevie goes after Berry's knees again.

Chiefs fans will never let that go even though it was a legal cut block with no malice intended. I'd probably behave the same way, so I'm not going to pretend otherwise. Take solace in the fact that Steve's said he'll never cut block again, which is absolutely stupid.

Bob is the perfect QB for Mike Shanahan's offense. He's going to do big things in his career.

Didn't watch the Skins game but I read that they were running less Shanahan and a lot of Baylor/Briles stuff.

squicken

I watched highlights of one preseason game and stated in the thread their defense could not stop the run for shit which would be a huge issue in their division.

Couldn't stop the pass either and once Freeney went out they had no pass rush. The important thing for them is to develop Luck and keep him healthy. They really just need to ignore the score and run their offense. Luck held the ball too much looking to go downfield. Got killed in the second half

Didn't watch the Skins game but I read that they were running less Shanahan and a lot of Baylor/Briles stuff.

Garcon TD was pretty much the same play they ran with Wright over and over again last year. But it takes time and they did benefit from weak Saints pass rush

MechDX

Nope, I just don't acknowledge anything other than Squicken's commentary on the Texans - his true team.

He is smarter than he lets on. He rips the Texans at every chance because if he supports them we play terrible. He rips them, liken last year, we have success.

Its all part of the plan....

Crisco

Banned

Uh, he completed almost 70% of his passes for 300 yards and a TD. All his throws were down the field, no dump offs or screens at all. By terrible line you mean "he threw 2 picks", one of which went off a receiver's hands. He didn't have a great game but if you want a terrible line, go look up one of the rookies other than RGIII.

Top Bottom