• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Afrikan

But you saw years and years of Alex w/o Harbs. You know what he is w/ and w/o Harbs. Why be mad? You have a great coach who can take a mediocre QB and make for a solid NFL passing game. Imagine when he gets a good one!

I'll say this on this forum, because I'll be eaten alive on my other 9er forum..

I don't understand why some defenses just don't follow his first read all the way and under cut routes.

I believe some defenses are just sooo used to facing regular QBs who might go through progressions or who might move coverage with their eyes only to hit someone else.

I think some teams just give Alex too much respect. On that TD to Vernon Davis, Alex was starring him down THE WHOLE TIME. Matthews was there I believe but let Vernon go to cover someone else coming to his area. Which was just enough time for Alex to hit Vernon.

I've seriously only think I've seen Alex go through his progressions and hit someone like 3-4 times these past 2 years. I mean, it really stands out when he does it.

our coaching staff has done an amazing job designing plays to get people open. When Alex is comfortable, he can be very accurate....if you make him think, he kind of freezes.

Seda

So it's more a description of a type of player, rather than a description of his exact position.

Is he a linebacker?

Yeah a pass rusher is just a defensive player that specializes in getting to the quarterback. Defensive ends are almost always pass rushers. Linebackers can be pass rushers but can also fall back into pass coverage. Clay Matthews' position is linebacker.

JCizzle

BMore is gonna clown Cincinnati. Just give them the AFCN and stamp that playoff ticket, they're clearly the class of that division now IMO.

Arnie

Yeah a pass rusher is just a defensive player that specializes in getting to the quarterback. Defensive ends are almost always pass rushers. Linebackers can be pass rushers but can also fall back into pass coverage. Clay Matthews' position is linebacker.

Sweet, thanks for that, really helpful.

BBC just showed a nice little Ray Rice montage, looks a great player.

Hey you want to play a game Arnie? Take a drink every time Jon Gruden says "This guy"
Howdy.

What's this illegal substitution all about?
You can't have 12 men on the field on the snap of the ball OR 12 in the huddle after a break. If 12 IS in the huddle the guy who forgot to sub out has three seconds to realize it and run off the field before the huddle breaks. Breaking the huddle with 12 men automatically gets you an illegal substitution flag

Talon

Gosh. AJ and Julio Jones were such sure things coming out of High School and College. What are the chances that two guys that talented and hard working are in the same year?

Dalton couldn't step into that throw. Had to let loose on his back foot.

Seda

Howdy.

What's this illegal substitution all about?

I wasn't paying attention to this particular game at the moment, but you can only have 11 players on the field during the play. For some reason, there must have been an extra player who didn't get off the field when he should have.

Talon

I wasn't paying attention to this particular game at the moment, but you can only have 11 players on the field during the play. For some reason, there must have been an extra player who didn't get off the field when he should have.
You can't break the huddle with 12 players. You could have 20 players, as long as it's before the huddle.

You could've driven a F-150 through that hole.

Top Bottom