• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Doorman

If this keeps up the whole night, it looks like Flacco's line isn't exactly going to be doing him any favors.

Also I think someone is burning food outside. Ugh.

see5harp

Harbaugh gets guys open with his scheme and concepts. He very much minimizes the decisions that Alex has to make. Alex isn't Peyton out there changing plays and rolling through progressions.

Alex doesn't seem to be hitting the 3 or 4 receiver ever but to give all credit to a coach is silly. I highly doubt many plays are planned to be scrambles or roll out screens to a streaking fullback. The offense looked better yesterday than they did for most of last season.

Talon

As I recall, the Ravens have their receivers read their route, a la Indianapolis with Peyton.

Seems like that short receiver #12 is screwed up on that 2nd down play.

Arnie

This is really odd. The BBC are streaming the ESPN Monday Night Football coverage from the US, but the BBC are legally bound to not show adverts, so when ESPN go to a break we get some flashy graphics and dance music.

Doorman

This is really odd. The BBC are streaming the ESPN Monday Night Football coverage from the US, but the BBC are legally bound to not show adverts, so when ESPN go to a break we get some flashy graphics and dance music.

I hope I'm not the only one who thinks this sounds amazingly better than actually getting commercials.

squicken

Alex doesn't seem to be hitting the 3 or 4 receiver ever but to give all credit to a coach is silly. I highly doubt many plays are planned to be scrambles or roll out screens to a streaking fullback. The offense looked better yesterday than they did for most of last season.

But you saw years and years of Alex w/o Harbs. You know what he is w/ and w/o Harbs. Why be mad? You have a great coach who can take a mediocre QB and make for a solid NFL passing game. Imagine when he gets a good one!

Talon

So this is pretty awesome that I can watch this game through ESPN3.

Only a matter of time until the NFL has a decent quality streaming product counter programmed to Cable options!

fPFDh.gif

see5harp

But you saw years and years of Alex w/o Harbs. You know what he is w/ and w/o Harbs. Why be mad? You have a great coach who can take a mediocre QB and make for a solid NFL passing game. Imagine when he gets a good one!

It sounds like you've been listening to too much media coverage. "Harbaugh got them playing great football," "game manager," etc. I think Alex Smith makes pro bowl this year.

Top Bottom