• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

Arnie

Looking forward to seeing the Bengals, someone told me they've got an exciting running game.

Don't know if that's true.

Also, MNF is on the BBC in the UK. Fuck yes. No adverts.

Talon

Ray Lewis confessed to Modell
So if Ray Lewis is Jesus...does that make Modell God or the Holy Spirit?

1113_large.jpg

WHO DEY! WHO DEY! WHO DEY!

FUCK YOU RAY LEWIS! FUCK YOU BALTIMORE!

GO BENGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

squicken

That's ridiculous. Alex Smith had guys like Gore and Vernon Davis but he also had a lack of talent on the O-line. He was taking sacks before but it's obvious he's making a lot less mistakes now. On top of all of that the system was changing constantly. He's playing better now than he ever was when he was expected to throw 300 yards and 4 TD's. I think he realized that it was better to play it safe and give your team a chance to win. I think guys that used to put a huge importance on stats and TDs like Vernon now realize that winning feels a helluva lot better than losing. I'm not saying it's all Alex, the play calling has gotten much more conservative and you can afford to play possum when you can count on a defense that good. Alex has been playing really good though. He was really accurate last night when he needed to be.

Harbaugh gets guys open with his scheme and concepts. He very much minimizes the decisions that Alex has to make. Alex isn't Peyton out there changing plays and rolling through progressions.

Top Bottom