• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

gutshot

Just because it happened before you cared about it or your arbitrary color TV invention relevance date, doesn't take away from their history. They still were the world champions of football those years.

Well, it just doesn't mean much to me since, y'know, I wasn't alive. Hard to care about something when you don't even exist yet!

So what you are telling us is that you don't watch football.
Nah, I've watched football every Sunday and Monday during the season for as long as I can remember. I guess my perception is just a little weird since the Texans are one of the only teams I can remember from the very beginning and 2002 doesn't seem like it was too long ago.

Godslay

Banned
Well, it just doesn't mean much to me since, y'know, I wasn't alive. Hard to care about something when you don't even exist yet!

Sure, but it is still part of the franchise's history. It's like saying that you are a Steelers fan, but don't give a shit about their Superbowl wins in the 70's because you weren't born. They are still count, even if they weren't Superbowls yet.

Nah, I've watched football every Sunday and Monday during the season for as long as I can remember. I guess my perception is just a little weird since the Texans are one of the only teams I can remember from the very beginning and 2002 doesn't seem like it was too long ago.

I'm just giving you are hard time. It would be hard to watch an inconsistent team (at least in the 00's).

MechDX

It took them a decade to make the playoffs!

Even the Panthers have been way more impressive than that.

Um....we did not get the same type of expansion draft the Panthers and Jags got or the amount of players each one of those teams received. The city and Bob McNair were used as a patsy by the NFL to try and put a team in LA.

They gave in because in 2 years LA could never get their shit together. Capers being kept as long as he was falls on McNair though, guy is too damn loyal when a change is needed. It has paid off finally. the Texans organization is considered one of the best in the NFL for the way they handle the players and PR. McNair has always been fond of Kraft and the Rooneys and wanted to develop and maintain his franchise the same way,

Arnie

It's a game, not a match. And they play on a field, not a pitch. Also, the players are called football players, not footballers. If a guy is fast, we say he has good speed, not good pace. Lastly, the people in the stands are fans, not supporters.

Hope that helps!

Ta.

Sanjuro

Sports history should be known for trivia alone. I had to fight some guy to switch the answer from Terry Bradshaw for the question, "Who was the first Super Bowl MVP?"

There is also team history, pride, nostalgia, etc for the lesser.

gutshot

Sure, but it is still part of the franchise's history. It's like saying that you are a Steelers fan, but don't give a shit about their Superbowl wins in the 70's because you weren't born. They are still count, even if they weren't Superbowls yet.

Try telling a Cubs fan to stop complaining because they won a championship in 1908. It's not going to go over too well.

In any case, I never said they don't count. Just that they don't resonate with me since I wasn't around to enjoy them. Is this like a foreign concept around here? I thought it was pretty standard amongst fan bases...

Godslay

Banned
When did Weight Watchers get a sequel?

image.php

I'm just giving you are hard time. It would be hard to watch an inconsistent team (at least in the 00's).
When the Dolphins went 1-15 I watched every single game on the stupid ESPN gamecast. It was basically a guaranteed way to ruin every Sunday afternoon. The only game I skipped was the win against the Ravens. :(

But yeah, my love for the game hasn't decreased at all during the off years. I will be the first to admit that I don't keep up with the league nearly as much during the off season, though.

Jason Witten is apparently continuing to lobby to play tonight. So much so that he has asked to sign a medical waiver. The Cowboys have not accepted it and don't appear to be to want to do so. He's listed as a game time decision but doubtful.

I know you want to play Jason, but how about not being stupid about it?

Milchjon said:
Fuck you :-( And I hope I don't get banned for this shit
If you do, I'm right there along with you for the Hitler joke to begin with.:( I would hope GAF hasn't gotten THAT sensitive yet.

Despite my jabs, I do like all of you Pats regulars.

Fuck trivia. I remember the last time we played you assholes answered too quickly.

Gotta go do team trivia at a local bar or something. Its pretty fun and I live for the sports trivia questions. When a question like. They are not usually difficult, but other teams answers are fun. Go doooooooo it. Make sure you have a well rounded team, though

I'm talking about bar trivia. Had a stereotypical, "NAH GUY, I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT SPORTS" on my team.

lol

We won 3 weeks in a row and spent the gift certificate winnings on our drinks every week. The best

oneHeero

All late but oh well;

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Kave_Man said:
One day that pic will turn from sadness to happiness you watch!
Hey man, I'm rooting for you. I hate to see franchises and their fans wallow in misery for long extended periods. Unless you happen to be an division rival. Then I savor every moment. (and even then I still feel sympathy for Washington fans from time to time)

Crisco

Banned
Alright, should I start Romo or Rivers this week? I like Rivers against the Raiders but Romo had monster games against the Giants in losing efforts last year. Plus, I'd like to watch Rivers for one or two games before I trust that he's out of his slump.

I can't wait till football season actually starts.
Wait until you see black Tebow.
Alright, should I start Romo or Rivers this week? I like Rivers against the Raiders but Romo had monster games against the Giants in losing efforts last year. Plus, I'd like to watch Rivers for one or two games before I trust that he's out of his slump.
I would say if Phillip can't toast the Raiders CBs with the weapons he has (Floyd/healthy Gates/Meachem), he's going to have problems. Plus he has to throw, no running game.

Plus the rain and wind in NY may play a factor.

Top Bottom