• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

squicken

btw for those of you debating the running game, sorry I didn't post this earlier but haven't near my PC to look it up

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...study-the-evolution-nfl-pass-run-ratio/15992/

basically

1. Yards per carry has no correlation to winning

2. Rushing Attempts have a high correlation to winning

3. But that's b/c teams that are already winning run more to kill the clock

4. All you need from your rushing attack is to convert short yardage and keep the opponent guessing

Bowser

DM, I'M CALLING YOU OUT

open-fight-night-tna.jpg

1-week avatar bet, you down?

Pats signed TE Michael Hoomanawanui according to his agent.

Makes it 5 TEs that could possibly play this year, depending on what BB does with Shiancoe

Arnie

Excited for the football tonight (UK here), this will be my first season watching so I'm looking forward to getting to know the game and it's teams more.

Excited for the football tonight (UK here), this will be my first season watching so I'm looking forward to getting to know the game and it's teams more.

You should be an Eagles fan. They are a quite under the radar type team and no one can call you a bandwagoner if they win this year since they missed the playoffs last year.

Levyne

Banned

Cool. Be something other than a Pats fan! But not a Bears fan either. Or Packers.

Bowser

You are forbidden from rooting for one of the following teams:

Giants
Cowboys
Steelers
Eagles
Patriots

Other than that, have your pick.

eznark

Banned
You are forbidden from rooting for one of the following teams:

Giants
Cowboys
Steelers
Eagles
Patriots

Other than that, have your pick.

This is basically a "root for the Packers because it's the only other team you've heard of" suggestion.

I would suggest not being a fan of the Jets but it seems kind of pointless since I'm not sure how anyone could end up on that road these days. I would suggest being a fan of the Dolphins but I don't want to be an enabler of masochism.

Bowser

This is basically a "root for the Packers because it's the only other team you've heard of" suggestion.

Oh fuck, I also meant to include the Packers. Basically just would like if he didn't bandwagon on to a successful (lol Boys and Eagles)/popular team

gutshot

Why are the Eagles on that list? That makes no sense at all.

Seriously. One of these things is not like the others, one of these things is not the same, can you guess which one is not like the others?

Hint:
All those teams, with the exception of the Eagles, have won Super Bowls.

Godslay

Banned
Seriously. One of these things is not like the others, one of these things is not the same, can you guess which one is not like the others?

Hint:
All those teams, with the exception of the Eagles, have won Super Bowls.

Eagles have won championships though...

Bowser

Eagles because they are a bandwagon team, like it or not. Don't have to win SBs to be a bandwagon team.

Could also probably add the Saints to that list.

Arnie

I'll probably take a season to discover a team that I'd like to follow, and it won't be one of the dominant teams like the Patriots, or the Giants. I'll post a few comments in here during the match if I've got any questions, I'm sure there'll be a bunch of rules that bend my head.

Got left over pizza in the fridge too, going to be so good.

eznark

Banned
I'll probably take a season to discover a team that I'd like to follow, and it won't be one of the dominant teams like the Patriots, or the Giants. I'll post a few comments in here during the match if I've got any questions, I'm sure there'll be a bunch of rules that bend my head.

no no no no no

gutshot

Eagles because they are a bandwagon team, like it or not. Don't have to win SBs to be a bandwagon team.

Could also probably add the Saints to that list.

You're a shitty bandwagon jumper if you pick a team that hasn't won anything since the Eisenhower administration.

Godslay

Banned
Hard to get excited about things that happened before the advent of color TV.

Just because it happened before you cared about it or your arbitrary color TV invention relevance date, doesn't take away from their history. They still were the world champions of football those years.

MechDX

All aboard the Texans Hype Train!!
schaubtrain.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You should be an Eagles fan. They are a quite under the radar type team and no one can call you a bandwagoner if they win this year since they missed the playoffs last year.

Don't listen to this man.

Come join us in the Dawg pound.

Cleveland Browns are where it's at, I guarantee no one will call you a bandwagon jumper.

gutshot

It's a game, not a match. And they play on a field, not a pitch. Also, the players are called football players, not footballers. If a guy is fast, we say he has good speed, not good pace. Lastly, the people in the stands are fans, not supporters.

Hope that helps!

Top Bottom