• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 1 |OT| A New Hope

smr00

Banned
A lot of people are underestimating the titans this year.

People are gonna be shook when Johnson and Locker bring the heat on the 9th. We will beat the Patriots. BELIEVE!

bionic77

A lot of people are underestimating the titans this year.

People are gonna be shook when Johnson and Locker bring the heat on the 9th. We will beat the Patriots. BELIEVE!
I believe in you bro. But then again I pick the Pats to lose every week. I also pray for serious injuries to Tom Brady. I am usually disappointed but the Titans are dirty as fuck so I have a good feeling about you guys this year. Cheap shots plus replacement refs = hopefully Tammy on the injury cart

tebow3_original_display_image.jpg

No interest in today's game but fuck it football is football. Gonna try and gamepass it while at work, hopefully the IT department aren't on to me for using up all the bandwidth.

Cagey

Banned
More than years past, the train to Giants Stadium today fits the Deadspin Why Your Team Sucks - Giants edition to the fucking tee. An unholy combo of Jersey Shore meets Wall Street but lives in Broboken, NJ.

I ain't apologizing, just saying.

cajunator

Banned
cajun is asian. i envisioned you to be white, 270 pds, neckbeard and eat crawdads for breakfast

Im half asian, half Cajun.
Dad is 100% Chinese, Mom is Cajun. Its an interesting mix.
Also I weigh 117 pounds and can barely grow facial hair. I do eat crawfish omelettes for breakfast.

Milchjon

Also I weigh 117 pounds and can barely grow facial hair. I do eat crawfish omelettes for breakfast.

Why does the word "crawfish" sound so delicious, when in the end it's still crawfish?

bigosc2k

Banned
My picks before I head to work

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

cajunator

Banned
Shit I have work in an hour too. thankfully my Samsung phone is pretty good displaying those shitty streams. The only way I can watch a game (as long as the dispatch phones arent ringing off the fucking hook like last night)

smr00

Banned
Have you ever tried Gator Stew? Both sides of my family are from New Orleans so i grew up eating a lot of odd and weird Cajun food. Especially Gumbo/Stews. Gator stew is probably the best out of everything i ate.

Never was big on fish or any kind of seafood.

EDIT- Is alligator considered seafood? fish? I never really thought about it till just now.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Um....we did not get the same type of expansion draft the Panthers and Jags got or the amount of players each one of those teams received. The city and Bob McNair were used as a patsy by the NFL to try and put a team in LA.

They gave in because in 2 years LA could never get their shit together. Capers being kept as long as he was falls on McNair though, guy is too damn loyal when a change is needed. It has paid off finally. the Texans organization is considered one of the best in the NFL for the way they handle the players and PR. McNair has always been fond of Kraft and the Rooneys and wanted to develop and maintain his franchise the same way,
tr00th. speak it.

Anybody know what the problem with Kellen Winslow is? He just a meathead or what?
wasnt he the one they caught on CC video doing wheelies and indos on a motorcycle in a parking lot?

LegoDad

For Fantasy Football, should I start Miles Austin or Steve Smith (CAR). Worried Smith won't play with his foot issue, even though he's better WR, where as Austin plays tonight. I also have Garcon on the bench but he doesn't compare to these two, unless RG3 is man in game 1.

cajunator

Banned
Have you ever tried Gator Stew? Both sides of my family are from New Orleans so i grew up eating a lot of odd and weird Cajun food. Especially Gumbo/Stews. Gator stew is probably the best out of everything i ate.

Never was big on fish or any kind of seafood.

EDIT- Is alligator considered seafood? fish? I never really thought about it till just now.

Havent had gator in a stew or soup. Just gator bites or fried on a plate.
That gator stew might be a Creole dish and not Cajun. Theres a difference.
As for being seafood or not, I would say no, because gators are freshwater animals and harvested from the inland swamps. They are like panfish and turtle.

Something I notice happens a lot, is Cajun and Creole get mixed up. Granted NOLA does have osme Cajun restaurants and Lafayette area does serve Creole fusion food, but Cajun and Creole cuisine are two different things separate by 2 hours drive from each other.
Lafayette being Cajun and New Orleans being Creole. The foods are subtly different, with Creole having more soups/stews and seafood, and Cajun being more agriculturally based.

Eh, what the hell. I'll do picks.

SEPTEMBER 5
DAL at NYG

SEPTEMBER 9
IND at CHI
ATL at KC
PHI at CLE
WAS at NO
STL at DET
NE at TEN
JAC at MIN
BUF at NYJ
MIA at HOU
SEA at ARI
SF at GB
CAR at TB
PIT at DEN

SEPTEMBER 10
CIN at BAL
SD at OAK

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The wife and I brought back 10 boxes of Tony Chachere's Creole Etoufee mix from Arkansas because Walmart is dumb in Texas and doesn't sell it.

Tastes great with chicken over rice.

Milchjon

Fucking timezones always confuse me. How long have I left to get a pre-game nap, like 2.5h, right?

Edit: ^^ Ah, that clears it up

Top Bottom