• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Fantomex

who gives a shit? alex smith gets a real coaching staff and magically goes 13-3 with a 90 QB rating and gets his team to the NFC championship game. lets be honest: matt moore will never do anything close to what alex smith did last year. not if he plays for 15 more seasons

The thing is that I absolutely AGREE with you! But the Jim Niedhart to your Brett Hart called me out as if Alex Smith is the godsend QB that can save a franchise. He isn't. neither is Matt Moore. But when you go into stats, one season is all that really separates Moore from Smith.

ari

Banned
who gives a shit? alex smith gets a real coaching staff and magically goes 13-3 with a 90 QB rating and gets his team to the NFC championship game. lets be honest: matt moore will never do anything close to what alex smith did last year. not if he plays for 15 more seasons
Lol, if Matt Moore magically get a defense like the niners and play in that shit Junior varsity league division, I'm positive he could also.

If that bum alex smith can do it, anyone can.

The thing is that I absolutely AGREE with you! But the Jim Niedhart to your Brett Hart called me out as if Alex Smith is the godsend QB that can save a franchise. He isn't. neither is Matt Moore. But when you go into stats, one season is all that really separates Moore from Smith.

i never said alex smith is a franchise QB. he is a product of jim harbaugh. if alex smith went to the dolphins he would be trash.

however, on the 49ers, alex is a better QB than matt moore, jay cutler and a lot of other QB's. time will prove me right

p.s.

and like clockwork here comes ari with his fantastic arguments. BUT THE DEFENSE!!!

Fox318

You count the number of times Sanchez didn't throw to his prime/first read? He knew presnap where to go with the ball all but a handful of times.

Don't even want to defend Mario, but it's difficult to get after a QB when the ball is out so quickly. He had three legit opportunities for a sack, and Sanchez got rid of it. Dareus or Johnson, forget who it was, also had an opportunity on a stunt but Sanchez threw it away. Hard to sack a guy on 3 step drop, especially when the QB knows the coverage presnap. Throw in some 6 man protections and it gets harder, especially when you only blitz 5 times.

This is a testament to bad coaching.

He had a couple of pump fakes in there but I'm not as educated in studying football film than you.

Ironically getting the ball out quick is what Fitzmagic needs to do to get the ball moving in the Bills system.

Also I have no idea what he was thinking on that Revis int.

Fox318

JetsWeek1.jpg

Drakeon

You mocked smith like he was complete garbage (he's not a pro-bowl QB, I don't think any niner fan will argue that) and I pointed out that you're team really hasn't had anyone better than Smith. I didn't imply anything of the sort that Alex Smith could save a franchise, just that the dolphins had been shit at QB since Marino retired. Moore had one decent year, we don't really know how well he'd do and he'll probably never get a shot to show us.

Fantomex

You mocked smith like he was complete garbage (he's not a pro-bowl QB, I don't think any niner fan will argue that) and I pointed out that you're team really hasn't had anyone better than Smith. I didn't imply anything of the sort that Alex Smith could save a franchise, just that the dolphins had been shit at QB since Marino retired. Moore had one decent year, we don't really know how well he'd do and he'll probably never get a shot to show us.

You asked when we had a QB as good as Alex Smith and I showed you. That's all. I feel a lot of sexual tension from your end.

Drakeon

You asked when we had a QB as good as Alex Smith and I showed you. That's all. I feel a lot of sexual tension from your end.

Moore has never had a performance close to Smith's in the Saints game last year. He's not on equal footing. But this is a stupid argument to be having, the Niners aren't great because of Smith, they're great because of Harbaugh.

LJ11

He had a couple of pump fakes in there but I'm not as educated in studying football film than you.

Ironically getting the ball out quick is what Fitzmagic needs to do to get the ball moving in the Bills system.

Also I have no idea what he was thinking on that Revis int.

Sanchez was just trying to move the safety or get the corner to bite. Jets had a good game plan and executed.

On the Revis int Fitz was staring down Stevie the whole way, threw it late and with no lower body. Bills started the game by stacking receivers so the Jets couldn't press at the line, which was smart, but the Jets had a plan for it. Revis just played over the top, took the first receiver going outside, and drove on the route.

Fitz actually had the dig/square in open if memory serves, but he stared down his first read. Had plenty of time too against the Jets, Fitz had better passing numbers against the Jets blitz than he did against their 7 man coverage.

Edit: Rewatched it. This dude Wilson totally does what the Bills wanted, tries to press stacked receivers and whiffs, he then trailed the inside receiver on the square in, it was there for the taking. If Fred leaked out into the flat it would've given Fitz a better window because David Harris would've followed. A good QB still looks off the comeback and throws the dig. 7 man protection did him no favors, but it was there.

ari

Banned
Moore has never had a performance close to Smith's in the Saints game last year. He's not on equal footing. But this is a stupid argument to be having, the Niners aren't great because of Smith, they're great because of Harbaugh.
Matt moore played lights out against a very good super bowl quality Vikings team.Other then that, meh.

Also, lets not forget that Matt hasslebeck shined on that saints D also in the playoffs when they were 7-9.

ChanHuk

Banned
Greg Krapp offense...fuck my life. Tom "Bumaye" Cable ran a better offense than that clown. If we lose to the Dolphins on sunday, someone call my mother to see if I'm alright.

I came to conclusion that Greg Knapp is out to kill McFadden. I think he had 60% of the touches last night. He's being ran to the ground and won't even make it to the bye week if this keeps up. If Knapp stays, DMac will hold out or demand a trade next season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was on the Rams drafting RG3 bandwagon before the trade.

Sam Bradford is a fucking joke. He is trash.

The logic that you couldnt draft RG3 because you were paying Bradford a ton was stupid. Bradford wasn't going to win shit - he was dead money anyway with no future for the franchise.

So the Rams passed up on RG3 to stick with a shit QB for one more year and to pick up a few extra picks.

ari

Banned

The logic that you couldnt draft RG3 because you were paying Bradford a ton was stupid. Bradford wasn't going to win shit - he was dead money anyway with no future for the franchise.

So the Rams passed up on RG3 to stick with a shit QB for one more year and to pick up a few extra picks.
The rams oline is the worst in the league, tacked on with not having any type of significant receiver would damper any QB.

Sam Bradford is fine. It's your team that blows.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The rams oline is the worst in the league, tacked on with not having any type of significant receiver would dampered any QB.

Sam Bradford is fine. It's your team that blows.

Right.

I love how these Sam Bradford apologists are saying not to get excited over small sample size of one game.

Truth is Sam Bradford will never have a game in his career as good as the one RG3 put up last week.

ari

Banned
Right.

I love how these Sam Bradford apologists are saying not to get excited over small sample size of one game.

Truth is Sam Bradford will never have a game in his career as good as the one RG3 put up last week.
Sorry you feel that way brah, but if RG3 played on the rams, he would suck too.

Redskins did more building around RG3 this offseason then the rams did for Bradford entire 2 seasons. Dude threw for 3000+ yards in his rookie year. I see some Matt Ryan type things going on with him. Only difference is, that they have better teams and is constantly building around the QB like it supposed to.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sorry you feel that way brah, but if RG3 played on the rams he would suck too.

I like how the narrative now is the Redskins are a team loaded with talent. RG3 put up more points in less than 3 quarters last week than the Redskins managed to score in any single entire game last year. They were the definition of mediocre.

Alfred Morris? Pierre Garcon? Washed up Santana Moss? Really? I don't know if RG3 would suck on the Rams or not but I bet Rams fans will be wishing they would know either way by the end of the year.

ari

Banned
I like how the narrative now is the Redskins are a team loaded with talent. RG3 put up more points in less than 3 quarters last week than the Redskins managed to score in any single entire game last year. They were the definition of mediocre.

Alfred Morris? Pierre Garcon? Washed up Santana Moss? Really? I don't know if RG3 would suck on the Rams or not but I bet Rams fans will be wishing they would know either way by the end of the year.
Compared to those recievers, who do the rams got?

It is a fact that the redskins is a much talented team then the rams. Your front office just ain't good. The redskins went on a spending spree to give RG3 as much talent on offense as possible. The rams have yet to help out Bradford.

How do fans measure their quarterbacks now anyway? Why do the qbs get shitted on when the oline gives up 60+ sacks a year? The defense gives up a touchdown with a minute to go? Sam Bradford cant help that he is on a shit team. Just chill before your situation turns into the dolphins or browns where fans demand change and that shit lands on the front office ear.

Compared to those recievers, who do the rams got?

It is a fact that the redskins is a much talented team then the rams. Your front office just ain't good.

How do fans measure their quarterbacks now anyway? Why do the qbs get shitted on when the oline gives up 60+ sacks?

so alex smith is garbage despite having no WR talent for most of his career, a shitty offensive line for most of his career and garbage coaching for most of his career....

but sam bradford is a victim of having no WR's, crappy o-line and crappy coaching staff. this actually makes sense to me coming from someone who thinks jay cutler is good

squicken

As bad as Bradford is, they have far more pressing issues. If they drafted RGIII they could never have run what Shanahan did. I get, no one can watch every game, and God knows it'd be boring to watch the Rams. I'll never watch a second of that Jags/Vikes game. But you really do need to watch how bad they are before going off on Bradford being garbage. Wayne Hunter is now the starting LT. Steve Smith is the starting Z. They need picks, not another young QB to let opposing defenses brutalize

Bradford's contract made him untradable. You're going to sit him and play RG3? What happens when Griffin struggles, which he would have with that talent around him? It just wasn't possible

ari

Banned
so alex smith is garbage despite having no WR talent for most of his career, a shitty offensive line for most of his career and garbage coaching for most of his career....

but sam bradford is a victim of having no WR's, crappy o-line and crappy coaching staff. this actually makes sense to me coming from someone who thinks jay cutler is good
Alex smith always had wide recievers, a decent defense, and a top 5 running back. Maybe if he didn't get benched as much, I might give him due. That being said, jim picked a perfect time to coach a team where the division don't have any competition. I still predict that the rams and Seahawks will be close with your record this year, hell, even the cardinals. Fuck it.

squicken

If you mean a game where his receivers have 200+ YAC, completes 7 pass behind the LOS, or only throws it 20+ yards twice, then I agree. That's not criticism of RG3. Shanahan built a gameplan around his strengths. But try and keep context and look at what really is happening

Alex smith always had wide recievers, a decent defense, and a top 5 running back. Maybe if he didn't get benched as much, I might give him due. That being said, jim picked a perfect time to coach a team where the division don't have any competition. I still predict that the rams and Seahawks will be close with your record this year, hell, even the cardinals. Fuck it.

What the fuck? Go take a look at Alex's first few years in the league and rattle me off the Wrs who were good. Then go take a look at our defenses and show me when he ever had a top 10 D prior to last year.

And if you think any of the other 3 teams in our division will be close to the niners then you're even dumber than I thought

Doomsayer

Now its obvious you are trolling.

Who can forget the wide receivers Smith had? The corpse of Johnny Morton, Ashley Lelie, Bryan Gilmore, Taylor Jacobs, Arnaz Battle....

Check out that defense with Mark Roman, Derek "Cyclops" Smith...hell, other than Bryant Young we didn't even have a defensive line.

Stick to the Bears.

squicken

A big warning sign for Luck is his arm. The deep ball he had intercepted flew 46 yards in the air. He took two steps and put all he had on it.

This All-22 is so great. The Rams offensive line has the rookie LG who appears to have never encountered a stunt before. Gets killed with it every time

cajunator

Banned
NFL.com has a free trial of Game Rewind from now until the 17th of the month. That includes all of the All-22 game tape:

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/se...ampaign=Prod_GR_Nav&cvsorc=Homepage.GR.GP_Nav

EDIT: Some fun stats on opening day losses and how the Giants love to make it tough on themselves:

Saints also lost the first game last year and made it to the playoffs, so its definitely possible to do. they looked a hell of a lot better though than this year.

If the Packers lose on Thursday, I wonder if the Aaron Rogers MVP Watch will get resurrected. I miss these vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yv1p1ISiBY

I love that guys commentary. He has such a seething hatred for Rodgers and he pulls off the whole dry humor thing well.

Top Bottom