• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Mifune

Mehmber
Fucking Bills. You wait all year for football and then that happens.

Fitzpatrick is what he is. He's gonna have some very good games and very bad games. He's consistently inconsistent. This might have been his worst on the team.

However, our secondary was horrifying and is a bigger worry to me than our inadequate QB. Receivers were wide open all day long.

They can't be this bad.

Also, I'm not sold on the Jets being any good yet. Bills absolutely gift wrapped this game.

MechDX

Fitzpatrick is what he is. He's gonna have some very good games and very bad games. He's consistently inconsistent. This might have been his worst on the team.

However, our secondary was horrifying and is a bigger worry to me than our inadequate QB. Receivers were wide open all day long.

They can't be this bad.

Its only week one, calm down.

methodman

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=42006261&posted=1#post42006261

Sunhi is the king.

im0T4e8oqlaWJ.gif

Bowser

CHI @ GB
TB @ NYG
OAK @ MIA
HOU @ JAC
CLE @ CIN
KC @ BUF
BAL @ PHI
NO @ CAR
ARI @ NE
MIN @ IND
WAS @ STL
DAL @ SEA
NYJ @ PIT
TEN @ SD
DET @ SF
DEN @ ATL

Critical game at home Sunday. 0-2 isn't a death sentence, but starting 0-2 (not to mention 0-2 in the division) is going to be like trying to climb out of Peña Dura (TDKR fuck yeah) in terms of having a successful season. Panthers definitely can pull it off (had them last year and choked it away), but it's going to be a dogfight.

ATF487

They can't be this bad.

Also, I'm not sold on the Jets being any good yet. Bills absolutely gift wrapped this game.

Can't wait for the first Pats/Bills game of the season where we're outplayed for at least two quarters but manage to pull it off due to luck

LukeSmith

im watching NFLN and the announcer says "At the press conference, they were talking to jay cutler and he was his normal self... BUT DIN! brandon marshall walked in and he was a totally different, new person!"

and then went on to jerk off both of these career losers for 5 mins. what a joke

This encapsulates how we feel when you post about alex

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Aaron Rodgers backs out of Boyz II Men jersey bet:

Before the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers faced each other at Lambeau Field last Sunday, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers made a little wager with the group Boyz II Men. Rodgers wanted the Boyz to sing the National Anthem before the season opener, and they did so.

However, there was a little side action going on -- Rodgers also made a bet with singer Nathan Morris of the group. If the Packers lost the game, Morris proposed, Rodgers would have to wear a 49ers jersey through this entire week.

The Packers did just that -- lost to the 49ers, 30-22 -- and it now seems as if Rodgers is trying very hard to avoid living up to his end of the bargain. This from TMZ, which also reported the original bet.

"There's nothing to that," Rodgers said. "That got blown way out of proportion."

When pressed, Rodgers said that "It was at best a joke between friends, and, unfortunately, the great reporting of TMZ blew another one."

That's not how Boyz II Men saw it, at least based on their Twitter account:

JzGxt.jpg

Well, Rodgers does have other things on his mind right now -- a Thursday night matchup against the Chicago Bears, and the hope that his Packers can get back on the good foot after looking all too mortal against the 49ers.

"I thought they did a good job of rushing him and containing him," Bears defensive end Julius Peppers said of the 49ers. "We're going to try to do the same thing. We're not necessarily going to use what they did because we play a different front than they do. But as far as the concept of rushing him hard and relentlessly and keeping him in the pocket and getting pressure to him, we want to try to replicate those things."

Just don't replicate the bet, Julius. It might not pay off ... even if you win.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I tried to make a reservation at French Laundry everyday for two weeks, couldn't get through. Gave up, still want to go there though.

You gotta get lucky and catch a cancellation. People cancel and a weird time like 2 P.M. on a Tuesday will open up. My opinion is that there are TONS of restaurants in Napa and Northern Cali aside from French Laundry. I think for $150 bucks you can eat the best meal of your life easily. French Laundry is the standard in this area, but there is a lot of good food, in general, in northern cali.

see5harp is right, if you want something short term you have to take the first opening you can find whether it's calling or Opentable. That was how I lucked out on my first trip - I saw a weekday lunch opening on OpenTable and snagged it.

If you can find enough people, the easiest way to get a reservation is to book their private room 1 year ahead. You'll have to put a deposit down and get a total party of 8 willing to pay, but it's by far the easiest way. We've booked our last 2 visits this way, our most recent one was just a month ago. It's not quite the same with the foie gras ban now though. :(

And yeah, there's plenty of other really good places up in NorCal. They may not be on the same level as FL, but the 1 and 2 star Michelin places can be awesome as well.

Mifune

Mehmber
Can't wait for the first Pats/Bills game of the season where we're outplayed for at least two quarters but manage to pull it off due to luck

For as much as the Pats have dominated us, there have been some really weird games. Remember when Trent Edwards almost beat you guys but McKelvin muffed the kickoff in the 4th quarter? Yeah....

Greg

Welching on a bet? Female lady parts.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/10/boyz-ii-men-aaron-rodgers-packers-49ers-jersey-bet-wager/
Aaron Rodgers has a date with a 49ers jersey after losing a bet with the guys from Boyz II Men ... but the singers tell TMZ, they're willing to give him some time to prepare himself to pay up.

Singer Nathan Morris tells us, “Green Bay has another huge game [against the Bears] in 3 days so ... we understand where his head is, so I know he's focusing on that game.”

According to Nathan, Aaron promised to post the pic of himself wearing a 49ers jersey on his Twitter account if he lost against San Francisco ... which he did yesterday ... 30-22.

Nathan -- the biggest 49ers fan in the group -- is confident Aaron will hold up his end of the bargain, telling us, "Aaron might be one of the classiest guys we know.”

Tick tock, Aaron.

and I saw that, Deacon - I had to quote you a second time

:jnc

This encapsulates how we feel when you post about alex

except i've insulted alex smith plenty. he is a product of jim harbaugh. now send andrew luck home to northern cali so he doesn't waste his career as a good player on a horrible team!

p.s.

omfg erron backed out of the bet? what a fucking bitch!

In fact, Jay Pout has a career win rate of .526, Alex Smiths is .493--tied with Matt Schaub.

alex smiths QB rating and wins from last year are higher than jpout has had in his career. alex also finished an NFC Championship game instead of faking an injury so he didn't have to play.

alex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jpout

ATF487

For as much as the Pats have dominated us, there have been some really weird games. Remember when Trent Edwards almost beat you guys but McKelvin muffed the kickoff in the 4th quarter? Yeah....

That was the game I was thinking of when I made the comment, first game of the season in 09 right? Bills fumbled that game away; the Pats had no business winning it.

Usually the second match of the season is when the Bills have been through a QB switch and look disheartened but that first matchup of the season has traditionally been close

Woa I totally thought I picked Seahawks in the survival pool and was eliminated but I'm still alive :jnc. Picked Chi-town at the last minute. Needed a surer bet since crazy shit happens week 1 all the time. Like the Packers actually losing a game, which won't happen again all year.

Mifune

Mehmber
That was the game I was thinking of when I made the comment, first game of the season in 09 right? Bills fumbled that game away; the Pats had no business winning it.

Usually the second match of the season is when the Bills have been through a QB switch and look disheartened but that first matchup of the season has traditionally been close

Right before that fumble, my friend who is a Pats fan turned to me and offered congratulations. I was like, oh no this game ain't over yet. Sure enough, with two minutes to play, they bring the kick out of the end zone and FUMMMBLE.

Vyroxis

Banned
I went 11-5 last week. What did I learn?
1: The Bills are bad.
2: Peyton is NOT bad.
3: Never base a pick entirely on how good a QB should be.

THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH
CHI @ GB I'm not sure on this one, I may change my mind.

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 16TH
TB @ NYG ~Tampa isn't bad, but they aren't Dallas good.
OAK @ MIA ~Davis still hates his kid.
HOU @ JAC ~Houston is way better than the Vikes.
CLE @ CIN ~I will however, base teams losing on the QB. And the Browns have the runt of the litter.
KC @ BUF ~Kind of a toss up? The Chiefs just looked better than the bills.
BAL @ PHI ~Eagles are majestic. Ravens are cunning, sly birds from the depths of hell.
NO @ CAR ~Brees is pissed, and will vent on the Kittens.
ARI @ NE ~Lord Brady continues down the dark path...
MIN @ IND ~The Colts looked THAT BAD. Seriously.
WAS @ STL ~RG3 will personally re-enact the Battle of Britain by long bombing the hell out of the Rams D.
DAL @ SEA ~Cowboys love them some fried chicken.
NYJ @ PIT ~The Steelers ain't the Bills.
TEN @ SD ~The better team wins.
DET @ SF ~*inhale* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *breathe*

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 17TH
DEN @ ATL It'll be a shootout, but Manning will teach the whipper snapper a lesson.

Kiryu

They can't be this bad.

Play Tarvaris Jackson man

Fox318

They can't be this bad.

Stick with Fitzmagic. He can still lead the Bills to the playoffs.

Gigglepoo

Rams need a ton of players. They were smart to take the picks.

I'd rather have a superstar quarterback. This is like the Blazers passing on Jordan because they had Clyde already, only if Drexler was kind of lousy*

*This is assuming RGIII is good. If that game wasn't a fluke, that non-pick sent the Rams back a decade.

Can a fellow niners brother make a heart shaped avatar sized Alex smith pic for buckethead since erron is a little bitch?

If not I'll dig up ol faithful.... A niners helmet!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
the texans are a once in a generation type team led by jj "the malkman" watt. dolphins will go 15-1, with their only blemish at the hands of the unstoppable houston texans
Sweet.
Mech, smokey, Miguel etc, you guys here that FMT thinks we're a once in a generation team. Where can we pick up the Lombardi for this year?

Steelers Broncs is on again.

That no huddle killed us. Ziggy and Hampton were eating that offensive line until Peyton went no huddle. Foote was in the backfield the entire first quarter.

minx

alex smiths QB rating and wins from last year are higher than jpout has had in his career. alex also finished an NFC Championship game instead of faking an injury so he didn't have to play.

alex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jpout

We all know you would honestly rather have Cutler on your team than Smith. He only manages games for a reason. Cutler's stats against GB will be better than Smith's numbers. Guaranteed.

Top Bottom