• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

elkayes

[Ignore if mentioned before]

Nfl Gamepass is free till Sep. 17th, coaches tape included. Only possible if you are living outside the united states.
I´m rewatching Redskins@Saints as I type this.

K-19

Banned
[Ignore if mentioned before]

Nfl Gamepass is free till Sep. 17th, coaches tape included. Only possible if you are living outside the united states.
I´m rewatching Redskins@Saints as I type this.

Yes, but you must fill your billing information :"(

Cagey

Banned
NFL.com has a free trial of Game Rewind from now until the 17th of the month. That includes all of the All-22 game tape:

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/se...ampaign=Prod_GR_Nav&cvsorc=Homepage.GR.GP_Nav

EDIT: Some fun stats on opening day losses and how the Giants love to make it tough on themselves:

The FBO playoff odds simulator, while inherently wacky, showed a precipitous drop for the Giants after dropping a division game at home against a legitimate contender for the division.

Then again, what's 0-1 when you can start 0-2 (2007).

The -9 spread this weekend, BTW, is much too high. Much too high.

sports_cheat_sheet.png

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hmm looks like I am going to enter into a bet with my buddy's dad over the Redskins vs. Browns game in December. This could be bad.

eznark

Banned
Unicorns and superheroes yes, Browns beating Redskins, not so much.

Just saying Browns and Redskins and not adding 'the' in front of it makes it sound racist.

I assume he made the bet before the season started so with two rookie QB's I'd probably have picked the better defense at home too.

brentech

Our defense could be middle of the pack quality if McCarthy forces them to tackle properly. Dom will still blitz the wrong guys or assign them the wrong roles, but the half of the plays the they're in the right position they could be decent if tackling improves.

Need to fine every shoulder tackle attempt or some shit. Was so stupid looking against SF. Probably wouldn't have won the game regardless because the offense was flat, but FUCK.

Tackle tackle tackle tackles tackle. All I can say. Still pissed.

squicken

Our defense could be middle of the pack quality if McCarthy forces them to tackle properly. Dom will still blitz the wrong guys or assign them the wrong roles, but the half of the plays the they're in the right position they could be decent if tackling improves.

Need to fine every shoulder tackle attempt or some shit. Was so stupid looking against SF. Probably wouldn't have won the game regardless because the offense was flat, but FUCK.

Tackle tackle tackle tackles tackle. All I can say. Still pissed.

It's too late to fix tackling issue as fundamentals. Also, the thing about tackling is it is a lot easier when you are bigger and faster and quicker than they guy with the ball. The Packers defense had an athleticism issue in their back 7

I don't know what the defense is doing.

I'm half convinced that Capers was just trolling to scout the 49ers and that 9/11 was an inside job.

There's no way a professional defense can work on tackling all offseason and play that terribly.

This tinfoil hat keeps my head warm.

It's too late to fix tackling issue as fundamentals. Also, the thing about tackling is it is a lot easier when you are bigger and faster and quicker than they guy with the ball. The Packers defense had an athleticism issue in their back 7
We have athleticism. We don't have hard hitters though or people willing to sacrifice their bodies, except for Woodson.

squicken

We have athleticism. We don't have hard hitters though or people willing to sacrifice their bodies, except for Woodson.

What I mean is that everyone credits SF with being a good fundamentally sound tackling team. And they are. But their guys on defense are far superior athletically than GB's defenders. Tramon Williams may have had a poor effort a few times, but he's not going to be able to wrap up Vernon Davis. His best bet really is the shoulder tackle at the legs

Whereas SF's bigger DBs who are also faster than Tramon aren't going to struggle as much taking down Finley. The Packers WRs are faster than almost every secondary they will play. But thing about SF is that they are not only very well coached, they are also very talented. Except at QB

brentech

All it takes is the first guy willing to wrap his arms around the waist or legs. If he doesn't go down the second guy can go fcuk all and throw his damn shoulder if he wants. That's all I ask for. Read my words Packers players. Heed my advice!

Note: I don't expect Williams, shields, bush or any other small man to single handedly take down TEs or Running backs that are running with balance, but just to slow them down. A team tackles as a team.
I know, it's wishful thinking. It just bothers me that it all happened after acting like it was the number 1 issue that would be addressed in the off season.

I don't know what the defense is doing.

I'm half convinced that Capers was just trolling to scout the 49ers and that 9/11 was an inside job.

There's no way a professional defense can work on tackling all offseason and play that terribly.

This tinfoil hat keeps my head warm.

They worked on tackling last season too.

Just face facts. Your D is garbage. At least Matthews was able to generate sacks.

They worked on tackling last season too.

Just face facts. Your D is garbage. At least Matthews was able to generate sacks.
I don't disagree.

But the problem is they have no identity.

They run the 3-4 but basically play the 4-3. Matthews may not play with his hand down but he's always on the line of scrimmage.

Perry is a fucking lineman and always will be a fucking lineman. He probably fucks linemen too!
Hawk either blitzes or gets to the ball late. He can't drop in coverage worth shit.

Might as well play dime all year.

What I mean is that everyone credits SF with being a good fundamentally sound tackling team. And they are. But their guys on defense are far superior athletically than GB's defenders. Tramon Williams may have had a poor effort a few times, but he's not going to be able to wrap up Vernon Davis. His best bet really is the shoulder tackle at the legs

Whereas SF's bigger DBs who are also faster than Tramon aren't going to struggle as much taking down Finley. The Packers WRs are faster than almost every secondary they will play. But thing about SF is that they are not only very well coached, they are also very talented. Except at QB

We also got shots on the packers receivers every time. I really can't remember too many plays where we weren't laying a good solid hit on them. That takes its toll over the course of the game

I don't disagree.

But the problem is they have no identity.

They run the 3-4 but basically play the 4-3. Matthews may not play with his hand down but he's always on the line of scrimmage.

Perry is a fucking lineman and always will be a fucking lineman. He probably fucks linemen too!
Hawk either blitzes or gets to the ball late. He can't drop in coverage worth shit.

Might as well play dime all year.

Can't remember where I was reading it, but I read an article saying that the Packers have lost their sense of urgency because they've become accustomed to playing with a lead. That seemed pretty apparent in the playoff game against the Giants.

I dunno, just from watching them is seems like they want to play like a much more physical team than they are. I thought AJ Hawk had a particularly good game Sunday, but everyone else was content to be pushed around and dominated. The Packers D-Linemen and half the linebacking corps just doesn't have the physicality to bully people the way Capers wants them to.

Ironically, the Steelers seem to have the exact opposite problem - lack of speed at LB.

Top Bottom