• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 2 |OT| The Replacements

Does anyone have a video of the late hit on eli?
I love Dan Patrick trying to defend it.

"but but Schiano is trying to build something. That tough guy mentality."

Ok. Not sure how going at someones knees on a kneel down is building anything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just saw that our starting CBs are out again tonight. Going to be a LONG night.

Girly ass Harbs/Schwartz handshake in the pre-game. Harbs took it easy on him, lulling him into thinking all is good.

Gonna squeeze his eyes out afterwards.

I love Dan Patrick trying to defend it.

"but but Schiano is trying to build something. That tough guy mentality."

Ok. Not sure how going at someones knees on a kneel down is building anything.
I think you misconstrued that comment.
I saw it as him taking a mocking jab at Shiano.

But regardless, he hardly defended it.

Schiano on the play:

"I don’t know if that’s not something that’s done in the National Football League, but what I do with our football team is we fight until they tell us the game is over. There’s nothing dirty about it. There’s nothing illegal about it. We crowd the ball. It’s like a sneak defense and we try to knock it loose. If they watch Rutgers, they would know, that’s what we do at the end of the game. We’re not going to quit. That’s just the way I coach and teach our players. Some people were upset about it. I don’t have any hesitation. That’s the way we play: clean, hard football until they tell us the game is over."

Did nobody else see the Giants punching the heads of the Bucs after that play ?
Yeah. That's the reaction you're going to get from pissed off linemen when you go at their QB's knees.

Buckethead said:
I think you misconstrued that comment.
I saw it as him taking a mocking jab at Shiano.

But regardless, he hardly defended it.
Not sure if it was sarcastic or not. I heard Dungy laugh afterwards but I took it as Patrick trying to play devils advocate.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Schiano:

Yeah. That's the reaction you're going to get from pissed off linemen when you go at their QB's knees.

As I said earlier, Schiano's going to make a lot of friends around the league with that attitude. What a douche. Wait until it happens to Freeman.

JCizzle

Hey Drew Brees, fuck you guy. I trust that you put a shitload of bounties on my boy's head. Your scheme is paying people to fuck up Crabtree's ACL.

Doorman

Alright, reporting in. Let's do this, Lions.
Yeah right :\

Just saw that our starting CBs are out again tonight. Going to be a LONG night.

I fear that the play-action pass is going to just destroy us in this game, more than once. Harbs has done a hell of a job with this team and I'm sure they have a hell of a game plan against a defense with such obvious weaknesses.

Mostly this game just depresses me because it potentially marks the fourth national game in a row where the Lions are made to look like total fools, and I don't think that's fair for as good as the team actually is.

Surely they must be the 4 best teams in the NFL.

Just trying to highlight how weird the standings look right now. If Detroit and Denver go 2-0 too it will only look weirder. Not trying to insinuate any team bar Houston (which, even then were against the Phins and Jags) is actually their because of talent.

MechDX

Just trying to highlight how weird the standings look right now. If Detroit and Denver go 2-0 too it will only look weirder. Not trying to insinuate any team bar Houston is actually their because of talent.

Want the Broncos to win on Monday. Will make the Texans/Broncos game next week all the more exciting.

Doorman

Lions got this!
Doubtful. :(

As far as fandoms go on this board, I feel like the Lions fans prior to this game have possibly the most defeatist attitude I've seen here. Granted, I'm a part of it too, I just can't help but laugh at it, as though we're back into the 0-16 days or something.

zero_suit

As far as fandoms go on this board, I feel like the Lions fans prior to this game have possibly the most defeatist attitude I've seen here. Granted, I'm a part of it too, I just can't help but laugh at it, as though we're back into the 0-16 days or something.

Stafford can't have a slow start.

Top Bottom